I got scammed by a seller on TE

When i first contacted shitrocket about this issue they said that there was no issue with the package and that delivery was rejected by the buyer.
'rejected by the buyer' is a normal reason the delivery boy selects when he doesn't want to deliver for some reason or is overloaded with too many shipments.

THEY REFUSED ANY REFUNDS. I threatened like 3 guys who kept transferring me to their senior manager after which they got fed up and said ok we will look into it
That's why you should approach from the outside of that company. File a complaint with the consument court. It works.

As ive said, ive lost money once where I was the buyer and I did not call out the guy like OP is trying to since I assumed the risk is borne by the buyer always like common sense would dictate since he is the one asking for a delivery.
It's always been the seller's responsibility and that's been the common sense. You must have misread or misunderstood something. Insurance company will give any random reason to reject the refund. That doesn't make it right. If they took some amount for insuring the package knowing it contained a used product then they're also equally responsible. You should try taking a legal approach with the shiprocket. It's rather easy and it works.

As ive said, ive lost money once where I was the buyer and I did not call out the guy like OP is trying to since I assumed the risk is borne by the buyer always like common sense would dictate since he is the one asking for a delivery. Anyways, I talked to friend whos a judge and she told me to stfu so I wont be commenting any further. @mods please ban/delete/close this account as I wont be coming back. ty
And in this deal you have recovered your past xyz lost money from this innocent guy? If you didnt do anything back then when you lost the money it shows how careless you are and showcasing same attitude here freely!
No wonder how cant such judges be your friends.
Very easy to run away from forum wit someones money but law has its own course...
@Ir0nMerc Now. without delay file a court case against him and also incl. this specifically "Anyways, I talked to friend whos a judge and she told me to stfu" I'm sure no judge will ever comment or suggest like this! Bring the seller alog wit his judge to the court.
Ive had multiple very positive deals on this forum with one being just a week ago.
So ?
People like you gather trust around and then one such opportunity and you reveal your true status/colors and flee away like cowards... and thats the only best thing people like you can ever do! Blame & Run!

Last edited:
I bought a used 1660S from @blitzkrieg96 a few months ago after checking this listing. I paid him via UPI (GPU + half the shipping). He sent the package with Amazon via Shiprocket. The package didn’t get delivered stating the reason “customer refused” even though nobody came to our house. I received the message from the shipping company asking if I want another attempt for delivery which I said yes but nothing happened. Finally, package returned to the seller (@blitzkrieg96).

Then a few days later, he messaged me that he received windchimes in the package instead of his GPU. He filed a complaint with the company and they agreed to refund and reimbues the value of the item. Then he said to me, he will return the money when he receives it. In between I asked him to contact them for update but nothing much happened except they replied that they will update. It’s been 2ish months now.

I wanted to send Shiprocket a legal notice and file a consumer court case. So, I discussed this with my uncle who is a lawyer and much knowledgeable about this stuff. He explained it to me that I can’t file a consumer court case myself because I didn’t purchase services from that company. I cannot hold them accountable if I haven’t bought product or services from them. It made sense so I waited.

Then he messaged me 3 days ago and told me that the insurance company denied the insurance claim because the surveyor couldn’t find the 1600S at the claim amount. Although he tried to convince him by telling that prices change all the time but the surveyor was not convinced. @blitzkrieg96 shared the email with me that he received from Shiprocket stating that since the surveyor could not find 1660S in this price range, they concluded that it was used/2nd hand product and hence, they denied his claim.

I again discussed this with my uncle and he pointed out 2 things.

1. If the insurance agency is denying the claim based on a product being used that means the company does not allow sending 2nd hand products using their services. If that is the case, then it means that the seller broke the terms which would nullify the insurance coverage. He said he can only confirm it by reading company’s policy but he also said, that’s not our concern.

2. I bought a product/services from the seller so I can only hold him liable for any undelivered product, not the courier company or the insurance company. Of course, the seller can then again hold courier company liable because they lost his package. He hired them to deliver a package and they simply failed to deliver it and on top of that they lost it instead.

I messaged this to @blitzkrieg96 and said if he did break the terms of shipping company then I won't be bearing the cost of your mistake. He should have sent the package with a proper courier service. It was his responsibility.

To which he said, he is not going to return the money. He said he doesn’t care if the package reached to me or not.
I must say, the buyer didn't do anything apart from paying the settled amount.. He can't be held responsible for the undelivered package, no matter what, his job was to make the payment which he did... But then the seller also lost his goods...

This is unfortunate again, this is the second thread in as many days...

I would urge the seller to settle this on a 50/50 basis (as the buyer himself pointed out) provided the buyer shares proper proof of not receiving the package and the seller as well proves that he infact sent the item in the first place and received the wind-chime later... All details should be shared here... after all we are a share and care (and after that buy and sell) community here and we just cant behave like olx or facebook market for that matter...

Legal action should be initiated and accountability should be there on shiprocket no matter what for losing the item....

This is for all, SHIPROCKET IS SHIT, it's just a matter of time before you get a situation like this...

Its better to use dtdc, Delhivery or xpressbees directly through their websites....
The best of the lot is BLUEDART, I used their services for years to send pretty expensive items....

provided the buyer shares proper proof of not receiving the package
How does someone prove that they did not receive a product? What proof would you offer for that?
All proof I have that the buyer did not actually recieve the device and sent back a windchime is his word
How is this possible? If I receive a product, then pack something else in it, will the courier company treat it as a return? It will be a new courier. So if the tracking info shows a return (which it does), then obviously the buyer did not receive it. How is there any dispute about this?

I would propose that chances of success will be better if this becomes a joint effort by the seller and the buyer against Shiprocket.

The seller takes the lead as they bear a higher responsibility as explained by fellow members.

Jointly send a stern mail to Shiprocket along with a legal notice (not a lawyer) . Increase your offensive by following other legal means to achieve resolution.

How does someone prove that they did not receive a product? What proof would you offer for that?
I guess, a photo of empty mail box should suffice. No?
Joke aside, a returned package is proof enough of non delivery. It can easily be confirmed by tracking details.

How is this possible? If I receive a product, then pack something else in it, will the courier company treat it as a return? It will be a new courier. So if the tracking info shows a return (which it does), then obviously the buyer did not receive it. How is there any dispute about this?
Bhai, logic thrown out of the window :p

Last edited:
I'd assume responsibility for shipping lies with the seller unless explicitly mentioned otherwise. Sharing the loss 50-50 is a gentlemanly way to resolve this. You should still work together to initiate legal proceedings against Shiprocket. That extra pressure might just be what's needed to process the claim.

That aside could someone explain why Shiprocket does not allow insuring used items? Normally for transit insurance claims, they might ask for proof of value and other evidence as needed. The purpose of the shipment should not matter right? I haven't used Shiprocket before so please excuse my ignorance. If this is legit, then there are many sellers on TE using Shiprocket for insured shipments and they need to be made aware.

He was admitting his fault on WhatsApp too, just like here on TE. He is just a kid in his 20s, that’s why I was reasonable with him. Even offered to bear some of the burden but like any other kid hiding behind the internet, he also believes he doesn’t have to face any consequences yet he can do whatever he wants.

He is betting on only one thing… that I won’t go to lengths for just 14k Rs which is kind of true these days and that’s why people take advantage of other people. Regular people are busy with their lives and don’t want to deal with authorities for just a small amount. That’s understandable. But I am not that kind of person. I won’t let my hard-earned money go to waste on people like him. What he really needs is education by experience. If he wants to throw his life away for the money he may or may not possibly recover from shipping company, so be it.

Sure, it would be inconvenience for me too. But I am expecting to recover any additional expenses I do here on after if I have to go this route + interest on my money for the period he kept it, along with some compensation for mental torture he has caused me.

I waited this long because he never once denied paying me back until today. And also, I wanted to give him chance to correct any wrongdoing.

That's it guys. I am going to call it a night. Will reply in morning.

It's nobody's fault but Amazon, as suggested by others mutually taking the loss is the better solution if not running forever after a legal solution is also an option.

I don't get why people still use Amazon shipping after there's been so many scams like this going on especially with regards to PC components. I faced similar issue, bought a used processor worth 10k for someone else instead got a toy and had to pay 10k from my pocket as shiprocket denied insurance to seller. I filed a consumer complaint in Ingram and so did the seller and nothing happened shiprocket just forwarded the same reply they sent in mail to Ingram. This was the final reply from Ingram and i had given up by then
Screenshots_2023-01-20-01-24-57_(1).png

I never use caps but please AVOID AMAZON SHIPPING

'rejected by the buyer' is a normal reason the delivery boy selects when he doesn't want to deliver for some reason or is overloaded with too many shipments.
^that has been my experience as well. The product usually arrived the day after or many days later when it said 'address unknown'
It's always been the seller's responsibility and that's been the common sense. You must have misread or misunderstood something. Insurance company will give any random reason to reject the refund. That doesn't make it right. If they took some amount for insuring the package knowing it contained a used product then they're also equally responsible. You should try taking a legal approach with the shiprocket. It's rather easy and it works.
makes sense. I was surprised to see an outright rejection if a second hand item was shipped.

Does this mean no second-hand products can be shipped with insurance? they want to avoid haggling with what the right price should be.

So how do people manage here, mostly second hand sales.

They don't use shiprocket :bored:
That aside could someone explain why Shiprocket does not allow insuring used items? Normally for transit insurance claims, they might ask for proof of value and other evidence as needed. The purpose of the shipment should not matter right? I haven't used Shiprocket before so please excuse my ignorance. If this is legit, then there are many sellers on TE using Shiprocket for insured shipments and they need to be made aware.
Same question i have as well
I never use caps but please AVOID AMAZON SHIPPING
I had never heard of this site before. I entered some orders I had on amazon and it says it's unable to find them. Doesn't make sense. They were shipped by amazon but this site has no idea. I can see the info on amazon's site though.
Can't prove a negative
Nice catch & explanation. Why is common sense not more common?

I think that more or less proves the buyer did get scammed
I'm sure no judge will ever comment or suggest like this! Bring the seller alog wit his judge to the court.
Yeah they will especially if the client incriminates themselves

Last edited:
All proof I have that the buyer did not actually recieve the device and sent back a windchime is his word

It is actually hilarious that he is saying this like any sane person will believe it. There is not a courier company in the world that will market the item as Customer Refused Delivery. AND STILL let the receiver take the package. Open it. Swap the item. Seal it. Take it back and deliver it to the sender. LMAO.

Normally I would say that the buyer and seller both got robbed by a greedy courier guy but his behaviour says otherwise.

You almost certainly got scammed OP, I feel for you. File an FIR if you can and hopefully find a friend/relative that knows someone in the police department. Thats the only way to deal with the scam kiddies.

Mods should at the very least ban the account.

https://techenclave.com/threads/gtx-1660-super-in-warranty.207771/
https://techenclave.com/threads/cpu-mobo-gpu.208599/post-2394866
He has sold the same GPU model before. Both GPU bills feel identical. Verify with the Dealer if the bills are legit.

Anyways, I talked to friend whos a judge and she told me to stfu so I wont be commenting any further.
Why haven't you asked your judge friend for legal advice on getting Shiprocket to honour the insurance claim?

Last edited:
Does this mean no second-hand products can be shipped with insurance? they want to avoid haggling with what the right price should be.
I use shiprocket and still I have no idea where the option for an insurance is.
@Ir0nMerc did you receive any SMS from ship rocket while the package was in transit?

He has sold the same GPU model before. Both GPU bills feel identical. Verify with the Dealer if the bills are legit.
Good find. Bills are fake! At least the second one is. Both bills have the same invoice number. What a shoddy Photoshop job!.

I'm suspicious of both scans of the invoices. They are pdf like clean and scans usually are never that clean. Maybe @hairlessmonkey who purchased this card the first time could shed some light.

Last edited:

Why haven't you asked your judge friend for legal advice on getting Shiprocket to honour the insurance claim?

The supplied bill looks shady aka photoshopped/homemade but wasn't sure as he mentioned somewhere that it was acquired through the dealer etc.

**The below image was altered/produced purely for demonstration purpose only with no criminal intentions!

Here's a copy I tried to imitate the actual invoice just to show how easy it is.. simple isn't it? Took me 5 mins only!

1674189331231.png

This is the shops website: https://bigmarttraders.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral
@Ir0nMerc contact them and mail them the invoice for verification purpose.
I use shiprocket and still I have no idea where the option for an insurance is.
I started using shiprocket barely 2 months ago and a fellow Te member was my guidance throughout the process. And he said any shipments by default are insured via shiprocket up to 5k amount or so. But I never bothered as such. Being a seller I was always extra cautious about shipments. During packing the items, taking pics/vids is a must of all the procedure. Then keep tracking the items on the way until been received by the buyer and followups on whatsapp.

Last edited:

Nice catch this. The second bill (from which the OP bought, Serial number with 1239 at the end) is fake.
Two invoices can't have the same number from the same biller.
@Ir0nMerc , keep this as proof in FIR. It will surely help. Clearly a case of bad photoshop. Anyone can do this with PDF editor in 2 minutes.

This is a clear case of fraud by the seller.
With increasing fraud in the forum, I think we need to figure out some way to avoid these. And it should not be only Mod's job; all fellow members should chime in this.

That was a suggestion for the sake of facts on record
We all know how it can be proven.. And the buyer has alreday shared the tracking screenshot that it was sent back, to explain further NOT RECEIVED or opened...
I guess, a photo of empty mail box should suffice. No?
Joke aside, a returned package is proof enough of non delivery. It can easily be confirmed by tracking details.

Bhai, logic thrown out of the window :p
I hope you weren't trying to be sarcastic buddy with that mailbox comment.... I hope you know that we are by and large with you but not against the seller as well...

Onus in my view now lies with the seller to take it forward as a gentleman..

This can happen with anyone so saying "do whatever you want is just not at all a decent or gentlemanly thing.... Work together and find a middle way...

Rest as the seller finds right coz the ball is in his court...

Last edited:
Back