Budget 51-70k I need to know of a company with better service than ASUS

Naren1987

Recruit
First things first, I need to know if this thread belongs in another category in this forum

I am going to list my experience with ASUS and as I do not wish to have an experience like this in the future, want to know if other brands are just as inconsiderate

1. When the charger for my laptop stopped working, I tried to get in touch with their service center via Phone for the replacement , when I tried to go over to their site, it stated that, even after months of the lockdown restrictions being lifted, their live agents , i.e , Phone/Chat would not be available because of COVID19, and their email department would take another 24 hours to respond to my request,

The number that I got on Google was incorrect, so I still could not get the information about the replacement procedure , and had to travel 10 KM in Hyderabad's traffic yo go to their service center in Person to deliver the charger, there I was told by their service personnel that I was supposed to have the laptop with me to make sure that it was the charger that was defective, so I had to go back empty handed to my house, please keep in mind they had no working mechanism for the customers to inquire and to know to bring their laptop with them to the service center.

2. I did return to their service center and this time I had to pay Uber INR 400.00 to travel for my so called free replacement , ( as one can't travel with a laptop on a Bus) there they did test the charger, and found that it was the adapter that was defective and was told that it would take a week for the replacement to arrive at their service station .

3. After days of pleading their service personnel for updates, I got a call today from the manager at that service center that they had the new charger available, I again had to travel to your service center , and I was told by their manager that I did not have to bring my Laptop with me, I collected my charger, got back home , only to find that THIS CHARGER IS NOT WORKING either.

I think it is safe to say that it is not fair for me to go back to that service center again, to send this charger back and file yet another ticket for another charger, as stated before , it is not safe to take his laptop on a Bus and paying INR 400 again for "to and fro" journeys to the Taxi service is not fair either.

I immediately tried to get in touch with their manager to inform him that the new charger is not working , he is not responding to my calls.

I also had purchased a mother board from them years ago, it took them 3 months to replace their faulty product.

I now plan on buying a new laptop for a family member, and for the reason I have elaborated above, do not wish to buy from ASUS, but I want to confirm if other manufacturers put their customers through the same anguish.

The actual service you're likely to receive is in many ways dependent on the provider contracted by the company. In ASUS's case I think its Regenersis. Any other brands serviced by them would likely provide similar service levels. These providers are also subject to change from time to time, leaving no definitive answer whether 1 brand's service is better than another's.

As for this new laptop; what will it be used for and how much do you plan on spending?

The actual service you're likely to receive is in many ways dependent on the provider contracted by the company. In ASUS's case I think its Regenersis. Any other brands serviced by them would likely provide similar service levels. These providers are also subject to change from time to time, leaving no definitive answer whether 1 brand's service is better than another's.

As for this new laptop; what will it be used for and how much do you plan on spending?
INR 55 K

First things first, I need to know if this thread belongs in another category in this forum

I am going to list my experience with ASUS and as I do not wish to have an experience like this in the future, want to know if other brands are just as inconsiderate

1. When the charger for my laptop stopped working, I tried to get in touch with their service center via Phone for the replacement , when I tried to go over to their site, it stated that, even after months of the lockdown restrictions being lifted, their live agents , i.e , Phone/Chat would not be available because of COVID19, and their email department would take another 24 hours to respond to my request,

The number that I got on Google was incorrect, so I still could not get the information about the replacement procedure , and had to travel 10 KM in Hyderabad's traffic yo go to their service center in Person to deliver the charger, there I was told by their service personnel that I was supposed to have the laptop with me to make sure that it was the charger that was defective, so I had to go back empty handed to my house, please keep in mind they had no working mechanism for the customers to inquire and to know to bring their laptop with them to the service center.

2. I did return to their service center and this time I had to pay Uber INR 400.00 to travel for my so called free replacement , ( as one can't travel with a laptop on a Bus) there they did test the charger, and found that it was the adapter that was defective and was told that it would take a week for the replacement to arrive at their service station .

3. After days of pleading their service personnel for updates, I got a call today from the manager at that service center that they had the new charger available, I again had to travel to your service center , and I was told by their manager that I did not have to bring my Laptop with me, I collected my charger, got back home , only to find that THIS CHARGER IS NOT WORKING either.

I think it is safe to say that it is not fair for me to go back to that service center again, to send this charger back and file yet another ticket for another charger, as stated before , it is not safe to take his laptop on a Bus and paying INR 400 again for "to and fro" journeys to the Taxi service is not fair either.

I immediately tried to get in touch with their manager to inform him that the new charger is not working , he is not responding to my calls.

I also had purchased a mother board from them years ago, it took them 3 months to replace their faulty product.

I now plan on buying a new laptop for a family member, and for the reason I have elaborated above, do not wish to buy from ASUS, but I want to confirm if other manufacturers put their customers through the same anguish.
Well don't let them off so easily.
I would suggest, which I generally suggest all.
Go to
pgportal.gov.in
Its a govt of India website pertaining to public grievances.
Make an account
Lodge a complaint, detailing everything, add names addresses of the service center, people name and phone numbers and upload your invoice as well.
Do mention about your ordeal and may be upload Uber receipts yo make a stronger case.
Select ministry of consumer affairs while making the compliant.

You ll see what this will do in a few days may be as early as 48 hrs.
Try it nothing to lose tbh.

I think the only one that has decent service in India and who are prompt is Dell.
Does dell repair out of warranty laptops. Had an mishandling episode with laptop, right bottom corner got stuck in power cable and it came apart slightly. Touch is working fine, so is display . But unable to close it.
IMG-20201209-WA0042.jpg

This. Asus once had their ASS handled by Rashi (no clue if they still do it) but they. I got a bad Assu Xonar DX sound card and managed to get it replaced from Rashi within weeks. I was probably lucky. Contact them on their social media contacts. You should get better responses.

Dell, HP and Lenovo may be does best and fast service always as they are huge companies and do service of their own and don't rely on third party . Even Acer took two months to replace a faulty motherboard in an gaming laptop of my friends.

Go to
pgportal.gov.in
Make an account
Lodge a complaint, detailing everything, add names addresses of the service center, people name and phone numbers and upload your invoice as well.
Do mention about your ordeal and may be upload Uber receipts yo make a stronger case.

I strongly recommend this.
Recently had a problem with a Flipkart order. They kept dilly dallying for more than a week. Lodged a complaint with PGP. Sent them a mail with reference number, and also tagged on Twitter.
Money was within my account in 2 days.

This. Asus once had their ASS handled by Rashi (no clue if they still do it) but they. I got a bad Assu Xonar DX sound card and managed to get it replaced from Rashi within weeks. I was probably lucky. Contact them on their social media contacts. You should get better responses.
In Mumbai it is still Rashi Peripherals for Asus laptops at least. Their address is in fact stated as that of Asus India on the laptop boxes.

Their online responses have been good and for gaming laptops at least it is on site warranty where they are supposed to collect from the client side and deliver the same. Not sure how good it will be in actuality.
I strongly recommend this.
Recently had a problem with a Flipkart order. They kept dilly dallying for more than a week. Lodged a complaint with PGP. Sent them a mail with reference number, and also tagged on Twitter.
Money was within my account in 2 days.
PGP or NCH works for all cases backed by proper evidence. Have used it a dozen times for companies across all range of products and services, works every time though a couple of my recent grievances have been lying around for days without any response yet.

Last edited:
PGP or NCH works for all cases backed by proper evidence. Have used it a dozen times for companies across all range of products and services, works every time though a couple of my recent grievances have been lying around for days without any response yet.
Which companies ?

Which companies ?
Most recent one was for warranty on a fan from Usha. They were supposed to change the motor and then the warranty expired with no word from them and repeated stalling by customer service.

However, after the complaint, a representative from the company changed the motor within a week without any charges.

So, in short, it works for any consumer complaint. Had also used it in the past for banks and ISPs.

Most recent one was for warranty on a fan from Usha. They were supposed to change the motor and then the warranty expired with no word from them and repeated stalling by customer service.

However, after the complaint, a representative from the company changed the motor within a week without any charges.

So, in short, it works for any consumer complaint. Had also used it in the past for banks and ISPs.
Sorry, I wasn't clear - which companies are not responding to the grievances complaint ? You said 2 are lying around for days.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - which companies are not responding to the grievances complaint ? You said 2 are lying around for days.
The present ones are from ICICI Bank and Pharmeasy. No update for a week and there is no means to escalate on NCH.

Guess will try PGP if NCH doesn't work out.

Hmmm. What went wrong with these ?
It is regarding loss that occurred specifically because their customer care didn't act in a timely manner. Don't really care about the amount in this case as it is quite small but want to hold the customer care accountable to avoid future such instances and to probably get them to improve their service. Probably that is also the reason there hasn't been any progress but let's see how it goes.

Go to
pgportal.gov.in
Make an account

Does this really work? would we have to go to court or something if they proceed with the complaint? never really thought it's a valid way to address grievances

No court kacheri and stuff... This is directly handled by the secretary at the state level and valid reasons have to be given by the complainee to secretaries for delay in resolving grievances.
Non-compliance or delay without notice invites penalties.

Back