Car & Bike I want to buy a tall, spacious car. Suggestions?

Digigear

Disciple
So my parents have an i20 Elite. And I want to buy them a taller car so that they can get in and out more easily. Just a tall, spacious petrol manual car, maybe with a turbo engine option that makes the car more responsive.

No matter what I buy, I would like to buy the top variant and I would prefer it if it was around 12L, ideally under 12L.

What options should I look into?

Update:-

Right now I'm considering these ones:-

1. Nissan Magnite
2. Tata Nexon
3. Mahindra XUV300
4. Kia Sonet
5. Renault Kiger

Primary factors:-
1. Height/Spaciousness
2. Ride quality/comfort
3. Price
4. Safety (4 Star or over)
5. Premium feel

Great to have:-
  • 360 degree parking camera
  • Wireless Android Auto
  • Premium features
What I wouldn't consider:-
  • WagonR or honestly any Maruti vehicle - Poor safety standards, cheap feel
  • Tata Punch - looks small and cheap
  • Venue - I don't like the looks of Venue so much

Last edited:
Maruti Suzuki Ignis.
1.2L engine, very responsive, even available with Auto variant for ease of driving.

It is my current car and have driven it for nearly 5 years. Good space inside and in boot. Very good entry exit ergonomic with seats set high.

Top end has touchscreen audio, reverse cam and all goodies, and well under your budget.

WagonR is great in that department. It has a tall design and most elderly people have no problem getting in and out. Even my friend who are 6.5 have adequate space over their head.

However coming from a i20 , the driving experience itself will be inferior. Especially the gearshift are much more refined in i20.

Nexon is another great option. It comes way ahead in safety department. God forbid, if there is an accident then WagorR is a trash. So keep that in mind.

So my parents have an i20 Elite. And I want to buy them a taller car so that they can get in and out more easily. Just a tall, spacious petrol manual car, maybe with a turbo engine option that makes the car more responsive.

No matter what I buy, I would like to buy the top variant and I would prefer it if it was around 12L, ideally under 12L.

Skoda khusaq 1 ltr engine base variant.

1. Nissan Magnite
2. Tata Nexon
3. Mahindra XUV300
4. Kia Sonet
5. Renault Kiger

1. Height/Spaciousness
2. Ride quality/comfort
3. Price
5. Premium feel

• Wireless Android Auto
  • Premium features
Skoda khusaq 1 ltr engine base variant.
Outside my price range :/

the base variant is 9,99,999 in TN without music system( ins, road tax, regn charges come to 1.5) . you can music system later from sokda at 30k. go to show room and check it out

the base variant is 9,99,999 in TN without music system( ins, road tax, regn charges come to 1.5) . you can music system later from sokda at 30k. go to show room and check it out
I know, but as I mentioned in the original post, I want to go for the premium variants of whichever model I end up buying. I don't want to compromise on features. And the premium variants on the Kushaq are way out of my range. The other ones are close enough to the limit for me the consider even if they spill over the limit.

Last edited:
I know, but as I mentioned in the original post, I want to go for the premium variants of whichever model I end up buying. I don't want to compromise on features. And the premium variants on the Kushaq are way out of my range. The other ones are close enough to the limit for me the consider even if they spill over the limit.
I would like to know WHICH PREMIUM FEATURES are you looking as MUST HAVE.
Every top variant has different set of features to offer.If you can narrow it down , you might get better suggestions.
(like cruise control, premium audio system, 360 camera, sunroof, ventilated seats and so on)

Maruti Suzuki Ignis.
1.2L engine, very responsive, even available with Auto variant for ease of driving.

It is my current car and have driven it for nearly 5 years. Good space inside and in boot. Very good entry exit ergonomic with seats set high.

Top end has touchscreen audio, reverse cam and all goodies, and well under your budget.
Apologies upfront to the OP for slightly hijacking his thread.
But dear mate @Psycho_McCrazy , how would you rate it against a ritz, interms of height, ride quality and fuel efficiency...
I own a ritz and am satisfied but I ll have to upgrade soon, spending on brezzas, and sonet venue etc looks pointless as i ll need something as roomy and as tall as ritz atleast but not willing to spend on those versions, tbh to drive in delhi I want something like ritz nothing higher.

Apologies upfront to the OP for slightly hijacking his thread.
But dear mate @Psycho_McCrazy , how would you rate it against a ritz, interms of height, ride quality and fuel efficiency...
I own a ritz and am satisfied but I ll have to upgrade soon, spending on brezzas, and sonet venue etc looks pointless as i ll need something as roomy and as tall as ritz atleast but not willing to spend on those versions, tbh to drive in delhi I want something like ritz nothing higher.
Let's take it to DM

I would like to know WHICH PREMIUM FEATURES are you looking as MUST HAVE.
Every top variant has different set of features to offer.If you can narrow it down , you might get better suggestions.
(like cruise control, premium audio system, 360 camera, sunroof, ventilated seats and so on)
This is a great question.

I just want to not compromise on the way it feels. I do want the following for sure:-

1. Performant engine
  2. Infotainment system with android auto capability (preferably wireless)
  3. Good parking system, preferably a 360 parking camera
  4. Best airbags/safety
  5. And a slew of usual things that come with top-end variants of cars like alloy wheels, maybe better plastics, maybe sunroof etc.
Actually, in responding to this, I realize that perhaps I need to be come through the variants in greater detail to pick the right variant instead of going for the most premium variant. So thanks. But I do want to get the basics at least, like alloy wheels, proper infotainment system, airbags etc.

Update:-

1. Nissan Magnite
2. Tata Nexon
3. Mahindra XUV300
4. Kia Sonet
5. Renault Kiger

1. Height/Spaciousness
2. Ride quality/comfort
3. Price
5. Premium feel

• Wireless Android Auto
  • Premium features
Have you looked at the Honda WR-V?
The top model should be within your budget. Has loads of space. Engine may not be that good since it has same 1.2L engine used in the Amaze. But in terms of roominess and other features, it would be a contender.

You should wait for the Brezza facelift. It was a 4 star car. Everyone expects MS to keep the same platform for the new model (but unless MS confirms it, we will have to wait for GNCAP to test it)

Magnite is a good car. Especially if you get the CVT variant. But the long wait times may kill your mood (recently I have heard that people are getting delivery quickly for the top models. Within 2-3 months of booking)

XUV300 will have better ride quality over potholes inside the city, compared to the Nexon. And the engine of the XUV300 is extremely punchy.
One advantage of the Nexon is the ventilated seats feature of the Kaziranga edition. Nexon is a great product overall (you may need to change gears too many times in city conditions in traffic. So do take a test drive on a place which has quite a bit if traffic)

Have you actually seen/driven a top end punch, especially the dual tone ones? They look like a harrier shrunk in the wash. Even they feel like a harrier from the inside because it uses the same speedo Console etc. I drove one and liked it ( and I am not a big fan of tata cars - I've suffered enough with the one i have). But for me tall is a -ve. I prefer the low slung position (while my lower back still works) so went with an etios. Another car which has a tall seating position is the jazz. It's an old model, but it is tall

Yeah this is what I'm thinking. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something obvious. Validation does help.

Hopefully the wait isn't too long.
I would strongly suggest you to test drive a magnite and get proper confirmations about fuel efficiency of it, what I have heard it has a city mileage with ac of about 9 or 10 km/ l,

Please note this is what I have heard

Some people say, the Nissan engines aren't refined as yet as longo as this particular segment goes

A guy whom I actually stopped to all about his new magnite said ke sir petrol pe to pee rahi thi, maine to ek mahine mein hi cng kit lagwa li hai.. But he said features are rich in car..

Do please do test drive and some research

I would strongly suggest you to test drive a magnite and get proper confirmations about fuel efficiency of it, what I have heard it has a city mileage with ac of about 9 or 10 km/ l,

Please note this is what I have heard

Some people say, the Nissan engines aren't refined as yet as longo as this particular segment goes

A guy whom I actually stopped to all about his new magnite said ke sir petrol pe to pee rahi thi, maine to ek mahine mein hi cng kit lagwa li hai.. But he said features are rich in car..

Do please do test drive and some research
Test drive isn't going to shed any light on the mileage. I have heard that it offers somewhere between 13 and 15 in city.

A lot of videos of Magnite owners on Youtube say that it's mileage is quite good. 14 to 15 in City, and then there was one who said he wasn't happy and he quoted 13. So I'm not sure how to actually verify this pre-purchase.

But one thing that I do see everywhere is that every magnite owner that I've come across online is extremely satisfied with it.

Back