IC : LA Crosse BC-900 Battery Charger W/ Lcd Display + 8 Sanyo Eneloop Batteries

gangulysaptak said:
my knowledge on eneloops: they are 2000 MAh batteries with a special feature to retain their charge when not in use for a long time..

Isnt it better to have a GO for higher powered batteries like sanyo 2700MAh(other than the GO on this charger that is)
Its actually 2100mAh. 2700mAh doesnot hold charge for long. The rate of discharge is 3% per day. If you are not using for a week it will not be in optimum charge levels. I am using uniross hybrio similar to eneloop. Keeping it idle for more than a month i got 250 shots from the camera. Similar setup from sony 2500mAh i got only 150 snaps.

Discharge rates depends on ambient temperature. The hotter climate like India the rate of discharge will be even more, in 3 months the battery would be completely discharged and if you want to take emergency snaps in your cam you need to depend on alkaline cell.
Also the purpose of eneloop is not abt high energy storage but retain for a longer period compared to normal NiMH. Some application seems particularly helpful and we can save environment. Clock, remote doesnot require more energy but the power needs to be retained longer period of time.

Me interested in only batteries (does it count). I already have a regular Camelion charger at home and it seems to get the job done. I guess this charger (the BC-900) seems to be good for people who may use it regularly.

Kneo said:
Me interested in only batteries (does it count). I already have a regular Camelion charger at home and it seems to get the job done. I guess this charger (the BC-900) seems to be good for people who may use it regularly.

Sorry the GO is for the Charger... The batteries are included in the kit... You can call KMD for the batteries separately..

Eneloops are available here in chennai itself 4 batteries + sanyo charger for 1000 rs in a original blister pack. Rs 300 per pair if you want without charger

vijaycool said:
Eneloops are available here in chennai itself 4 batteries + sanyo charger for 1000 rs in a original blister pack. Rs 300 per pair if you want without charger

Nice.... can you put up more details & pics for users who need the batteries instead.... :)

gmano said:

Lets be clear... the GO is for the BC-900 Charger kit & not the eneloops... The kit comes with 8 eneloops + 4 2600mAh AA batteries + 4 1000mAh AAA batteries...

I had posted a link for another BC-900 kit without the eneloops & have asked for a quote for both of them from KMD... Depending on the price & choice of the members we can get respective kits...

racy1 said:
Lets be clear... the GO is for the BC-900 Charger kit & not the eneloops... The kit comes with 8 eneloops + 4 2600mAh AA batteries + 4 1000mAh AAA batteries...

I had posted a link for another BC-900 kit without the eneloops & have asked for a quote for both of them from KMD... Depending on the price & choice of the members we can get respective kits...

I have given the links only on your request. I know that this IC is for the charger BC 900.

For all those people who are looking to buy just the eneloop batteries, they can get the batteries for around 300 rs a pair locally, as vijaycool has mentioned earlier.

Looks like a good deal. Where is this charger manufactured? How is the build quality? The thing I've seen about rechargeables is that you can't expect them to last 5-10 years. But the battery charger remains.

If I can charge any kind of rechargeable i.e. any mAh value and it can be used to determine amount of charge in any kind of AA or AAA battery i.e rechargeable or not, it would be a worthy investment.

Can it charge sizes other than AA or AAA via some adapter? Is an adapter available for USB charging? (I'm asking for the world. :p )

I might also be interested to join this deal.

sydras said:
Looks like a good deal. Where is this charger manufactured? How is the build quality? The thing I've seen about rechargeables is that you can't expect them to last 5-10 years. But the battery charger remains.

If I can charge any kind of rechargeable i.e. any mAh value and it can be used to determine amount of charge in any kind of AA or AAA battery i.e rechargeable or not, it would be a worthy investment.

The charger is Made in China but its from a well known brand LA-Crosse... You can check out for reviews from Google... Its highly recommended by most... It will charge any AA & AAA cell (NiCD + NiMh) upto 3000mAh Capacity... :hap2:

I've not seen any adapters yet but you can look for them... there must be some...but mostly one will use AA size cell or the AAA cell after that... for C & D size there are adapters included in the kit which can take any capacity AA batteries....

var89 said:
i'm intrested in the charger only. not batteries. I don't know if its available in india.

Its a kit which includes the batteries as well... I am yet to see an affordable BC-900 charger without batteries in the market....

Friends got the quote from KMD... For min. 6 orders...

KMD Quote: - Price = Rs. 3,600/- + Local shipping @actuals
Please confirm your interests in this thread as deemed fit.....:cool2:

Back