ICC like service for items from UK?

Update

Got the item today! :) Duty Rs 92 only :D

And the funny thing is that the delivery guy collected only the Customs Duty and Handling Charge, total Rs 142. They totally forgot about the actual shipping cost! :p

Rs 7500 for the phone + Rs 142 ( Rs 92 Duty and Rs 50 Clearing Charge ) + Rs 507 for shipping from UK to Cochin = ~ Rs 8150

But they forgot about the shipping charge, maybe they'll come tomorrow to collect it. So as of now total cost is 7.65k :D

varkey said:
Rs 7500 for the phone + Rs 142 ( Rs 92 Duty and Rs 50 Clearing Charge ) + Rs 507 for shipping from UK to Cochin = ~ Rs 8150

But they forgot about the shipping charge, maybe they'll come tomorrow to collect it. So as of now total cost is 7.65k :D
holy cow.!!

that is VFM!!

^ Ya awesome price for the phone! :) But the phone is out of stock in most online stores in UK now. People are selling the phone for about 130+ GBP on eBay UK now. Luckily I got it for 100 GBP in an auction. :)

Btw unlocked the phone and now using Vodafone. Working fine. :)

did u know the customs and other charges beforehand ?? or u just have to pay whatever they charge once they get it to india ?

i got zune using ICC PPO and read somewhere that customs is 13% and sum1 here was charged just 11% using ICC PPO but they finally charged me 25% .. it was sort of random amount they end up asking for :(

^ Yes I had checked with Aramex and few others before itself. The duty is only 1% and 3% cess on the duty.

Aramex provides the customs receipt and all other details along with the package. I will upload them after sometime.

Product Name Mobile phone

Custom-tarif heading 85171290

Rate of duty 1.03%

Licence Condition No Licence Required

Import Policy IMEI number is required

You can check here for the duty for other items -- globaltaxguru.in

@varkey

Finally my advice on Aramex worked :)

After your PM i already shot an email to their senior manager that will contact him incase my friend (you) gets problem.

Congrats, You got nice deal.

^ Yes your suggestion was really helpful. Thanks once again! :)

Usually when I get items through courier, the package is never opened, but this time it was opened for checking and outside of the box was slightly damaged. Although Aramex repacked it beautifully. :)

And here is the copy of the Customs Duty receipt they gave.

^^But apple uk website doesnt accept credit cards with indian billing address.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@Varkey: Today i got a call from aramex regarding my shop and ship subscription and i have given your name for referring me to their service, so you can claim free $20 worth of shipping in this month :clap:

Back