ICC like service for items from UK?

Guys how much is the customs duty on laptops? I need to ship a laptop from the US to india. Weight of the laptop alone is 1.8kg, including packaging will probably work out to almost 3kg i suppose

^^Thanks for the reply :) The laptop price is 280 USD so means about 40 USD customs. Totally i'd have to spend 100 USD to get it shipped here. Dosent make sense i think, might as well have it sold on ebay

I dont post much... but wanted to comment that i have been using Aramex S&S service in Dubai for more than a year and i am very satisfied, infact most of the techies in UAE use Aramex S&S service

so what are the other items that can be brought using shop & shop which are light weight and have less customers. something like mobile phones which has only 1.3% custom

^ Most other items have about 15% duty and most music players, PMP etc is subject to about 27% duty! :O

Btw Aramex for US packages is not so great. Here is the progress of my current package

Jan 2nd - Delivered at their NY location as per USPS Tracking

Jan 5th - Shipment details updated in their system

Jan 8th - Shipment marked as shipped but tracking was live only after about 12 hours

Jan 8th - Forwarded to Dubai Express Hub

Jan 11th - Shipment reached Dubai Express Hub

I wonder which flight takes 3 days to reach Dubai from New York :p I hope they forward it to Mumbai today itself and there are no further delays.

But for packages from UK, it's really fast! :)

varkey said:
^ Most other items have about 15% duty and most music players, PMP etc is subject to about 27% duty! :O

Btw Aramex for US packages is not so great. Here is the progress of my current package

I wonder which flight takes 3 days to reach Dubai from New York :p I hope they forward it to Mumbai today itself and there are no further delays.

But for packages from UK, it's really fast! :)
My experience with US S&S

24 Dec - 2 orders placed at Amazon
30 Dec - Amazon Delivers both (Christmas delay :mad:)
4 Jan - Aramex wakes up and registers them (New Year + Snow delay :mad:)
5 Jan - Shipped from NY
7 Jan - Dubai
8 Jan - Delhi
8 Jan evening - With me :bleh:

My Dell streak is still in production. Don't know when will it ship, when will it reach the SnS NY Office, when will it reach India and finally when will I see it.

This long wait is killing me.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
My Dell streak is still in production. Don't know when will it ship, when will it reach the SnS NY Office, when will it reach India and finally when will I see it.

This long wait is killing me.

you ordered via S&S, how did you pay for it?

last time i got phones from US, it took total 14 days from phone being sent by a friend to S&S through USPS and me receiving them. this period

involved christmas and snow delay though. i have ordered again today from ebay US. let's see how much time S&S takes this time around.

though it took them 14 days, there was no duty charged on phones worth 650$ and i was able to import them for 828 bucks. i think this alone

places them miles ahead of ICC.

dantool said:
last time i got phones from US, it took total 14 days from phone being sent by a friend to S&S through USPS and me receiving them. this period

involved christmas and snow delay though. i have ordered again today from ebay US. let's see how much time S&S takes this time around.

though it took them 14 days, there was no duty charged on phones worth 650$ and i was able to import them for 828 bucks. i think this alone

places them miles ahead of ICC.
took aramex flat six days to deliver phone from US to me, apparently customs department took one whole day to inspect and clear it.

^However, customs isn't a pain isn't it? All the charges are covered within Aramex's payment done in the beginning? Planning to get a pair of memory modules from the US.

It has reached Dubai now but don't know what is it doing there for this long :p I am seeing the same status for the last 14 hours :(

Man this wait game is the worst part of every deal. And the undisclosed CUSTOMS amount is the topping on the cake.

I am watching random streak pics, reading reviews and doing everything to know the device, before it reaches me. (I guess I am getting too desperate.)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

EDIT: Shipment Forwarded to - Paharganj,India

Heartbeat is getting raised. I hope I get this one tomorrow.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

EDIT2: Damn ! My Stuff is already there at Mahipalpur Hub. I hope that I get it in another few hours.

Back