ICO and Shadow of the Collosus - Discussion Thread

Re: ICO + Sotc HD/3D Announced. Last Guardian Trailer Released.

strategy said:
all the games i for which i whished i had a ps2 are now being remastered..!! gret ...so when is SOTC comming out!!?
Sony gave spring 2010 as the period so april-june

*sigh*

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection + The Last Guardian has been delayed. The new release dates haven't been announced as yet.

Fumito Ueda said:
I announced at last year’s Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011.
However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfill First Party Studio’s obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing.
All the members of my production team are working together at a fast pace to develop and release the game in First Party Studio quality.
I sincerely apologize to all the customers who have been waiting for “The Last Guardian†for so long, but I beg for your patience. I will also announce the new release timing at a later time.

The Last Guardian, ICO And SOTC Collection Update – PlayStation.Blog.Europe

I can wait if its a finished product

I have already completed Shadow of the Colossus, but the frame rate issues on the PS2 really butchered the game. Never got to experience ICO though.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I have already completed Shadow of the Colossus, but the frame rate issues on the PS2 really butchered the game. Never got to experience ICO though.

Exactly. I couldn't complete the game as the low fps gave me a headache!

dinjo said:
Finally something to cheer about....

Yeah after a bloody long time!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Btw SOTC is considered to be a spiritual successor to Ico. Didn't know that! Besides, both the games are locked at 30 fps. Should be sufficient I guess. Limbo wasn't bad at 30 fps.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Getting the collection now and it works on 3.55. :clap:

WHAT seriously? :O

Gannu said:
Yeah after a bloody long time!

Btw SOTC is considered to be a spiritual successor to Ico. Didn't know that! Besides, both the games are locked at 30 fps. Should be sufficient I guess. Limbo wasn't bad at 30 fps.

I can testify SOTC on the PS2 ran at around 15 fps or so!! A major headache it was.

BTW Gannu are you regretting your decision of switching to OFW?

Why would he regret!?, he gets to play all 3.60+fw games (resistance 3,Gow HD Collection) , and there are some GOty stuff coming up too(Uc3, Journey, last guardian), also It always gives a good feel to a person when one buys all legitimate stuff! ;)

Aman27deep said:
WHAT seriously? :O

Yep saw that on the private trackers yesterday. Apparently, it appears the Japanese folks are getting ICO and SOTC separately.

Aman27deep said:
BTW Gannu are you regretting your decision of switching to OFW?

Not at all. Like I used to say before, the resale value is pretty good since I put the title up for sale, a couple of days after I receive it when I am done with a playthrough. So in essence I end up spending Rs. 300~400 at the most for a title. For instance, Resistance 3 was purchased for Rs. 1950 after using the coupons from Letsbuy and sold it for Rs. 1860 inc. of shipping. In effect, I paid Rs. 90 for playing Resistance 3. Now beat that! :p Heck, I end up spending over a grand for smokes each month!

I am afraid the resale value for Sotc + Ico might go down by a notch or two but still it doesn't matter much. :)

To be honest, the sole reason I went OFW is because of Uncharted 3. I thought I might as well switch a little early since I was done with most titles barring The Sly Collection and Demon's Souls. They can be played later as well. This way I could play Resistance 3 and GOW Origins Collection.

Besides, Ram is right when he says the incentives for buying a legit game is always there.

dinjo said:
Any recommendation which one to start first i have more hopes with Shadow of Collosus
SoTC for sure. I have already completed it on the PS2, but will think about replaying it. ICO, however, needs a fresh start. :D

Gannu said:
Besides, Ram is right when he says the incentives for buying a legit game is always there.

That's great Gannu Bhai!

I wanna upgrade too for Uncharted 3 but for that I hoped to have a modded 360, but that doesn't seem to happen right now :p

And as for this collection, i'm only looking forward to play SOTC as I am just looking forward to play it without framedrops.

Back