ICO and Shadow of the Collosus - Discussion Thread

Gannu said:
But what do you think of the ending?
I thought it was quite beautiful.

I'm pretty sure ICO lived, but Yorda being washed up on the shore, in her normal avatar, was kind of surprising. I'm not sure what to make of that. It's apparent towards the end that, even though, the dark form enters Yorda's body, as the Queen had stated, her souls isn't corrupt. It recognizes ICO and she remembers how this boy had saved her life. She is also much stronger now. Her final act of getting Ico to safety, is an act of love. It's a sacrifice that she makes, one which Ico had done for her throughout the game. We see the castle crumbling and this indicates the Evil Queen's departure, permanently. However, we don't get to see what happens to Yorda. It could be this act of sacrifice, which might have washed away her dark form and in the end we see her on the shore in her "cleansed" form.

I also read up on quite a lot of theories online, but I have to say the deepest one (and possibly the best one), has to be this: ICO ENDING? ((SPOILERS)) - IGN Boards

Read the explanation provided by AFROPLAYER04. It's long and formatted in a poetic manner. Not only is this one of the best explanations I have ever read, but it also encompasses the beauty of this game's story in just one post. In fact, I appreciated the game even more after reading this post.

Did you take the watermelon to Yorda? :p
I'm afraid, I didn't do that. :ashamed:

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm afraid, I didn't do that. :ashamed:

LOL I missed it as well. And realised it later when I read up on the game elsewhere. There are no save points around to attempt it either. :p

Anyhow here it is, just in case:

[youtube]DOXF5yDmhKE[/youtube]

As far as SOTC is concerned, I suppose I should be done with the game tonight. 3 more colossi to go!

kvikram said:
Are you all playing on PCSX2 with the Xbox 360 controller? Or on the PS2?

On the PS3. :)

Just in case you missed, both ICO and SOTC were released as remastered versions for the PS3 similar to GOW Collection I & II.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Completed SOTC! Battling the last colossus was a befitting finale to the game. Except that the controls and camera angles screwed it up big time! The epilogue sequence was brilliant. What really touched me in the entire gameplay was this particular sequence with Wander and his trusted companion Agro towards the end of the game:

Whilst the two of them travel to the southern-most portion of the land to confront the last colossus, they come across this long bridge which begins to collapse as the two begin crossing it. Before the last tile on the foundation of the bridge gives up, Agro senses the danger and jerks, throwing Wander forward of the collapsing bridge to safety and she sacrifices herself falling a good distance below to the river.

The sequence clubbed with the touching music filled my eyes with tears! :cry:

Looking forward for The Last Guardian, with a bit of hope that it may release sometime next year.

Opened the east(or made it glowy
<
) and obtained a sword. Initially, I thought the game sucks but the now I'm somewhat starting to like it.

^^I liked the game. But its getting too much now.:mad: Completed again but still didnt get the castle guide trophy. The only trophy i need to get platinum. The last level design is just cheap.

Shadow of colossus completed!
Like movies there was a time when they used to make good games like these. Anyways it seems the jap developers really makes better games than others. The best features of this game are, it is simple, beautiful, engrossing, amazing & even satisfying . Apart from these the music is another factor which worths a separate praise. Whenever you get hold of a colossus the music that kicks in is just awesome!

Last edited:
Back