India to launch cow urine as soft drink

^^ ewe at sharekhan ! How can anyone drink urine - its the unwanted filtered waste that comes out of the body of an animal - mostly nitrogenous and can be toxic. Its like eating lead, or sitting in a smoke filled room because it purifies your lungs !

I am not aware of any health benefits of Cow piss :p, and even if there were, no thanks. This is so gross.

Let them export this. Foreign exchange doesn't hurt the economy if they pull this off. :rofl:

There should be some takers of dog poo too. I guess they'll market that next. :p

Mallik, Its part of tradition that we have. You don't expect a 10 year old to fight that. I doubt I would put up a fight even now if my parents asked me to.

lol, I have heard about the benefits, and I am pretty sure that Ayurveda is pretty much spot on on most of its findings.

cow is very sacred animal and the urine of cow is used for many treatments, cows are fed with medical herbs and given very pure food before taking their urine for treatment and by the way it can cure many disease which some fools don't know about .

Comment from the site^^

From a scientific and non religious view, why not eat the "pure food" and "medical herbs" directly?

@SharekhaN, as a 10 year old it was ok. But don't u think we'll better India if we start questioning our traditions? If it shows benefits, tradition gets a boost and if it doesn't we start a better and beneficial tradition?

cow is a sacred animal

read sometime back in a local newspaper about a assylum for abandoned(wounded,street cows) cows somewhere near Mangalore(karnataka).

--

I think most of the Indian's are vegetarians?(except kerala).most of these animals are brought to this state for slaughter.

praka123 said:
read sometime back in a local newspaper about a assylum for abandoned(wounded,street cows) cows somewhere near Mangalore(karnataka).
--
I think most of the Indian's are vegetarians?(except kerala).most of these animals are brought to this state for slaughter.

Cows are the worst treated "sacred" animals in the world. Most zealots are happy protesting slaughter but nobody is interested in the stray cows dying of eating plastic and such.

Btw, the north east as a whole is almost all non- vegetarians :)

@ Naga, You are right. But I believe that people are quick to dismiss notions which do not suit them. You may be right, but the other side is unproven as well. If someone says that it is useless in a published study, then I will buy your point. I believe that Indian medicinal history is rich and this established tradition may have some ground to it. I know its not "amrut", but I am curious as to how it may affect us.

Nehruji Bole : Mera Bharat Mahan !!!

Shastriji Bole : Jai Jawan Jai Kisaan !!!

Indiraji Boli : Garibi Hatao !!!

Morarji Bole : Apna Apna Glass Uthao !!!

Back