Indian Stock Market and Mutual Funds

It is Russian roulette all the way. One of these days, someone will end up with the short end of the stick.
Some people already have. Gopal Snacks, Capital Small Finance Bank, Credo, Muthoot Microfin these are all trading below their listing prices. There might be more.

It is Russian roulette all the way. One of these days, someone will end up with the short end of the stick.

Any thoughts a lump sum investing strategy right now (considering all time high, elections in states and US etc).

Want to add about 5% of the portfolio value.

Last edited:
Isn't it better to buy shares 'before' a rate cut?
Logically yes since interest rates are inversely proportional to stock price.

However, it is amusing that there is no mention of the sell-off this week that brought most of the global markets down and instead focus is on rate cuts in two weeks' time.

Seems people have filtered out reality completely to only focus on positive news to find an excuse for a price rise, which is ridiculous but the reality now.

However, it is amusing that there is no mention of the sell-off this week that brought most of the global markets down and instead focus is on rate cuts in two weeks' time.
Have a doubt that sell off is to price-in rate cut upwards move.
Will wait till November end if lumpsum investment is bigger amount. Apart from USA, elections in other countries may also happen, later covered-up issues with markets may be exposed.

Guys, I have a question about how an existing shareholder is determined.

All my bajaj finance shares were bought through Zerodha. If I apply for bajaj housing fin IPO from icicidirect, would I be considered an existing shareholder of bajaj fin.

Last edited:
Guys, I have a question about how an existing shareholder is determined.

All my bajaj finance shares were bought through Zerodha. If I apply for bajaj housing fin IPO from icicidirect, would I be considered an existing shareholder of bajaj fin.
I also have some shares of bajaj finserv would be applying from my demat app only, also this time you can apply for 2 applications shareholder + retail, so do one thing apply for shareholder quota from zerodha and retail section from icici portal.

so do one thing apply for shareholder quota from zerodha and retail section from icici portal.
Just did an internet search. Apparently, one cannot apply from more than one brokerage firm.

I dont know but why you guys are thinking that you can apply from different brokerage houses ?
Guys, the bids reach to a SINGLE registrar and they do the allotment and not the brokers !!!!

Oh good. So the bajaj finserv shares should have been bought by 30 August to make me eligible for the ipo. Just coming to know that today. Wonderful.

PS: are you guys getting the tirupati balaji one? Currently 18x subscribed with gmp at 40

Back