Indian Stock Market and Mutual Funds

As everyone said keep away from these groups, Do your own research.

Check Chartink and backtest before investing

This one have more than 4k likes so select few stocks from here and then do further analysis

I want to start SIP and invest for 15+ yrs and someone suggested me these

I doubt these are good equities for the long run so suggest which I can invest in and forget while I keep getting good returns!

Last edited:

View attachment 212004

I doubt these are good equities for the long run so suggest which I can invest in and forget while I keep getting good returns!
If you want to forget then don't get disappointed while seeing your MFs coming at the middle positions (say 15 out of 30) in their respective category performance. You can see the ranks of MFs in last 1/2/3/5/10/since the inception in their respective category on many websites like this:
1729779450950.png

Also keep in mind that past performance is no indicator of future performance.

I don't see any reason to invest in both multicap and flexicap.
exactly anyone is more than enough plenty of overlap

people start panicking within a year of investing
a year old article but still valid

people start panicking within a year of investing
a year old article but still valid

Very strange wording in the artcile

"In India, over 50% of mutual fund units of regular plans were sold or redeemed within one year, according to a recent report by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The regulator has proposed changes to total expense ratio (TER), including capping fees by up to 2.55% for equity schemes and a lower commission rate to discourage churning, potentially driven by mis-selling. While some attribute the high turnover of mutual fund investors to India's lure of quick money from market hype or misinformation, other industry insiders believe it is a result of an early learning curve."

Are people panicking or just bailing out of regular plans when they realize what they are? I too sold everything on icicidirect and moved to zerodha a few years ago.

View attachment 212004

Since you are in Pune, take a look at https://investyadnya.in/. They publish a lot of content on youtube too.

Usual disclaimers. No commercial interests.

Last edited:

View attachment 212004

just to provide generalized observation ,when the world is waiting for US stocks to soft land or to crash .Once in soft landing /crash phase .Increase your investment in small caps .Currently our stock market is in correction phase. Once stabilized start investing 30 % in large cap . And remaining in short duration FDs .Once stocks start to plunge increase your investment in large caps and reduce FD`s .Once stock markets start to recover rebalance your investments in small cap ( as per your risk appetite).

I don't see any reason to invest in both multicap and flexicap.

@guest_999
IMO, ValueResearch is the best site to check mutual fund information.
For anyone starting out and not knowing where to start, I usually recommend flexicap due to its lower volatility on account of a larger bias towards large cap and general adjustment between different capitalizations.

But of course, there are those who will see small cap funds or sectoral funds with 30% returns in past year and invest in those when I tell them to use past performance as only a guidance.

Just don't think it is worthwhile recommending anything to these people as they are the first ones to come back and complain about returns being in the red within a couple of weeks.

No allotment in Waree IPO...

Back