CPU/Mobo Intel i9 9900K vs Ryzen 5600X

"yep. Mods moved it to another thread. That and the video."

that game comparison video which the 9900k soundly beats the 5600x in multi threaded scenarios and other benchmarks i had posted in the thread show the relevancy of 8 core 16 thread processor in 2021 if those are not facts then what are?

"yep. Mods moved it to another thread. That and the video."

that game comparison video which the 9900k soundly beats the 5600x in multi threaded scenarios and other benchmarks i had posted in the thread show the relevancy of 8 core 16 thread processor in 2021 if those are not facts then what are?
Here we go again. Grossly exaggerating 9900K by using a single game performance without comparing other facts that it is old generation, that it has less warranty. Where is that overall performance diff between 5600x and 9900K that you showed (where it was just 3% diff) in the other thread?
Do you know that Intel Rocket Lake chips will come with highly competitive pricing, starting a price war with AMD in week's time, further making 25k for 9900K useless.

Saying this again, not worth 25k.

lol rocket lake has had severe yield issues at tsmc by shoving that avx512 crap they will be overpriced just like amd ryzen 5000 youll see soon . in europe 11900k is already 550 euro(650$)(54k) you can scale the remaining line up accordingly.

also have you seen z590 prices? they are backwards compatible with z490 but many z490 do not have a pciexpress 4 redriver so only 16x gpu slot will work in pciex4 instead of the whole platform.
rocket lake is going to be a tricky one price wise.

Last edited:
lol rocket lake has had severe yield issues at tsmc by shoving that avx512 crap they will be overpriced just like amd ryzen 5000 youll see soon . in europe 11900k is already 550 euro(650$)(54k) you can scale the remaining line up accordingly.

also have you seen z590 prices? they are backwards compatible with z490 but many z490 do not have a pciexpress 4 redriver so only 16x gpu slot will work in pciex4 instead of the whole platform.
rocket lake is going to be a tricky one price wise.
Even the 10900k is retailing for 54k, I have seen it under 45k, maybe 3 months to 4 months ago.

"Even the 10900k is retailing for 54k, I have seen it under 45k, maybe 3 months to 4 months ago."

yes with the problems tsmc facing with water shortage (they have a drought in Taiwan for past couple of months) (goodbye yields) prices are going to skyrocket for everything from mobiles to tvs to computer hardware etc.

ryzen 5600x 5800x is already out of stock in most online stores here in india even though they were sold at msrp (not due to high demand or their ridiculous prices) but yield issues at tsmc 5900x and 5950x is not yet available at msrp in india unless you want to pay scalper prices (5900x at 74k at one point.)

rocket lake release will be the same overprice nonsense aorund the world

things are only going to get worse for another 8 months at least before stock and prices stabilize. for both gpus ans cpus

my only logic behind selling the 9900k at 25k was that it is new from rma so it will easily out last its limited warranty left (they never die so easily unless your motherboard vrms die like in my case) and outperforms a closely priced 5600x.

and all the problems at tsmc and covid-19 skyrocketing new hardware prices or stock issues

by the way amd prices without 18% gst ( so correct msrp of 5900x should be 50k 5800x 40k 5600x 28k 5950x at 74k)

overpriced amd.png

hopefully lets see if the 5900x releases at msrp next month with new stock arrival this should get you an idea where hardware prices are headed in the coming months. lol with gpus
we already know.

Last edited:
Interesting. You are saying 25k is good because later price will increase. If one has to buy 9900k now, they can also get a 5600x right away for 28k. Or a 10700k for 31k. Your sale is now, at this point of time. It is not for a month later. Right now, there are better cpus available. Right now. Again, it Amy be new from rma but it is still old cpu and with less warranty

sigh i have given my reasons so let the buyer decide. is the only and last thing i will say on the matter. if a propective buyer is in the market for cheapish mainstream processor they can buy it from me or a new 10700k for future proofness in a tight budget . the 5600x and 5800x (although this one is a good processor at 30-32k) are overpriced duds sorry to say.

5600x is available for 28k. If I have to calculate and see, your 9900k is the most overpriced of all. And it definitely is not cheap. 25k for a used 2018 model is, well, grossly overpriced.

Anyways, I made my point. Your 9900k for 25k is grossly overpriced and you are overhyping a dead CPU. And you clearly have no knowledge on how to purchase a balanced rig.
You are saying it is overpriced because a 5600x is available at similar price. But what about a buyer who is already on the platform and will have to change motherboard and possibly RAM as well. Won't it make more sense for that person to buy the 9900k then. Or are you saying that there is no possibility of anyone who will buy a 9900k. And even if that is the truth, a seller still has the freedom to post anything they want to sell at whatever price they want to. People can use the already open threads or open a new one to ask for advice if they have some confusion about price. A marketplace thread is not the place to discuss all this, where you started this. You could have gone to the already open 'Marketplace Price and Discussion' thread and discussed it over there as that thread was recently opened just for such discussions.

For so long, I have been asking to show how your 9900K is worth 25k. Till now, I have not seen anything that makes me think 'I better get this one'.

Stop circling around and come to the point. Why should one pay 25k for your 9900K that has half the warranty left and is already RMAed. Why should one not go for newer CPUs or find used 10th gen Intel chips.

You seriously asked this in a sale thread. Why does he have to prove anything to anyone. He posted an item for sale and if someone wants to buy it for the price they will, otherwise they will not. What kind of moral/price policing is this and you should know it is not allowed either.
From what I can remember from the last 10+ years on this forum, one is only allowed to post a link, if that shows the same item for a price lower than the seller's asking price and then leave it at that. You have no right to come to some sale thread and then start telling everyone don't buy this product as there are better options out there. That is not the decorum of a marketplace thread here on TE.

You do not have the full context. This question is after a looooong discussion. My input om sale thread was that 5600x is available for 28k and another 3k more, one can get 10700k. That he may have to reconsider his price for faster deal.

Response was that his 9900k is much better cpu and that is when a looooong discussion happened.

Last edited:
You seriously asked this in a sale thread. Why does he have to prove anything to anyone. He posted an item for sale and if someone wants to buy it for the price they will, otherwise they will not. What kind of moral/price policing is this and you should know it is not allowed either.
From what I can remember from the last 10+ years on this forum, one is only allowed to post a link, if that shows the same item for a price lower than the seller's asking price and then leave it at that. You have no right to come to some sale thread and then start telling everyone don't buy this product as there are better options out there. That is not the decorum of a marketplace thread here on TE.
Decorum? Show me the rule that says one should not add suggestion to sale thread to consider purchase. I have been a member for more than a decade. I did not cross any limits and you did not have the context for the recent posts. So, I suggest you to not act like big brother.

If you think that any one can set any price and not questioned or asked to reduce the price, that is not the Decorum for sale. That would be like giving this forum to scammers and scalpers who are looking to make a profit.

To add to this, I did suggest this to a friend and told him to let me know if he is interested if the price is reasonable. But then the OP took this into 'how dare you compare with 9900K' direction.

Last edited:
5600x is available for 28k and another 3k more, one can get 10700k. I'll let the buyers decide if they want to go with 9900K @25k or not.
This is just an informative post for potential buyers and not intended to ruin a sale thread.
-------
I would have posted the above 2 lines and stopped.

P.S. If you guys saw a thread where I am facing issues about an invoice but keeping my cool and not spoiling a sale thread, though I have full right to question unethical practice by seller as he is not even listening to mods and members who came forward sharing there experience

5600x is available for 28k and another 3k more, one can get 10700k. I'll let the buyers decide if they want to go with 9900K @25k or not.
This is just an informative post for potential buyers and not intended to ruin a sale thread.
-------
I would have posted the above 2 lines and stopped.

P.S. If you guys saw a thread where I am facing issues about an invoice but keeping my cool and not spoiling a sale thread, though I have full right to question unethical practice by seller as he is not even listening to mods and members who came forward sharing there experience
That is what I did. Then the youtube video and post saying 9900k eats cores and that it is vastly superior. Even yesterday, I was checking with another friend who is looking for interim build. But then, the OP had to flame it with baseless comparisons instead of offering better price. So.....

Yeah, I am following that thread as well. Scammers come in various forms. Changing date on invoice #facepalm.

That is what I did. Then the youtube video and post saying 9900k eats cores and that it is vastly superior. Even yesterday, I was checking with another friend who is looking for interim build. But then, the OP had to flame it with baseless comparisons instead of offering better price. So.....

Yeah, I am following that thread as well. Scammers come in various forms. Changing date on invoice #facepalm.
I know its difficult to control but sometimes silence is exactly whats needed. since seller have full right to price what they seems right so let the buyer decide, end of discussion :) You wanted to give your opinion and you did now its upto buyer and seller to decide.

Anyways Holi de din itni megnat harne se kya fayda jab dono ko deal hi nahi karni :D

Decorum? Show me the rule that says one should not add suggestion to sale thread to consider purchase. I have been a member for more than a decade. I did not cross any limits and you did not have the context for the recent posts. So, I suggest you to not act like big brother.

If you think that any one can set any price and not questioned or asked to reduce the price, that is not the Decorum for sale. That would be like giving this forum to scammers and scalpers who are looking to make a profit.

To add to this, I did suggest this to a friend and told him to let me know if he is interested if the price is reasonable. But then the OP took this into 'how dare you compare with 9900K' direction.
Well, you clearly have not read the rules. Please do go and read them. I am going to quote the relevant rules from the sticky thread -

7. The market section is intended for sales alone and not Product discussion which is to be carried out in the technical forums.

Another one from the same post -

Technical and Supportive - It should add value to the discussion between the seller and the prospective buyer (all suggestions and negotiations on asking price and market price must be done via PM)

The problem with good intentioned posts like you made initially is that they encroach upon the rights of the seller to price his product as he wants and shows him in a bad light. This topic has been discussed a lot over the past months and also a couple of years ago and the decision was to not do moral/price policing and let the free market take it's course. If the seller doesn't find any buyers for the listed price then they will be inclined to reduce the price on their own. There is no need to force the seller's hand in this regard. Also, people bargain a lot these days. So sometimes, one has to quote an artificial higher price keeping that in mind as well. We have even had this discussion in the 'Market Price discussion thread' as well. Please visit and give your inputs in that thread if you feel the need in the future.

AMD always has a fkced up pricing for India in GPU and CPU. RX6800 is selling for 80K :eek:
Every single GPU is overpriced. We are seeing 1600 series cards sold at bloated prices. 2000 series cards cost more than 3000 series MSRP and forget about buying 3000 series cards.

And btw, here is the new price quote for AMD Zen 3 CPUs from SP Road Bangalore:

R5 5600x - 22K* (OP missed with tax, price becomes 25960). This one is hovering around 26k now(give or take 500 bucks based on market) and is expected to fall further.

R7 3700X is 27k to 28k

Source: https://techenclave.com/threads/price-updates-from-s-p-road-bangalore.68569/post-2259206

But, look at this:
1660 Ti 6GB - 35,000
1650 Super - 23,000
1650 - 14,000
I do not even remenber how old 1600 series cards are and selling a 1660 Ti for 35k is nuts. That is the price of 3060 FE (+/- 1k) about a month or two ago. Now, 3060 non-Ti version costs 60k or higher in many stores and that is ridiculous. I was stupid for not buying 3060 Ti when it launched.

This is how bad the GPU situation is. We have another sale thread here where seller is quoting 80k or something for a ASUS RoG Matrix 2080 Ti card which was a failure in the market due to its high failure rate. This particular unit is also an RMAed one. He may get a sale if he reduces it a bit but then that is a GPU.

For CPUs though, there are loads of options.

Last edited:
bump
since i cant edit my original post

potential buyers pleas take a look at this video to compare the 5600x(28k) vs 9900k a modern game like cyperpunk eats cores for breakfast 5600x 109 vs 9900k 130 enough said.

Is the i9 in the video overclocked. it says 5.1 Ghz

Back