CPU/Mobo Intel NUC BOXNUC7CJYSAMN

Can anyone confirm if the NUC can handle all these applications like downloading and streaming using plex (direct play) without any hiccups?
Zbox Ci320 (even sold on these forum) could do that. if Ci320 can do that then this NUC with newer processor sure can.

I just realised I have Synology DS220+ which has the same processor as this one. It comes with 2 GB RAM and I have added another 4 to it (2666 MHz). It runs Sonarr, Transmission, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Home Assistant, and a couple more containers in Docker without breaking a sweat. And Synology also has a few background processes which won't be there in plain Ubuntu.

So I'm sure this is a very capable machine for headless Linux home lab.

I just realised I have Synology DS220+ which has the same processor as this one. It comes with 2 GB RAM and I have added another 4 to it (2666 MHz). It runs Sonarr, Transmission, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Home Assistant, and a couple more containers in Docker without breaking a sweat. And Synology also has a few background processes which won't be there in plain Ubuntu.

So I'm sure this is a very capable machine for headless Linux home lab.
then this should rock with 8GB +4GB and a SSD with finally processor being bottleneck

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt you will get to use more than 8gb RAM. But with 8gb also it is far more better than Pi.
Exactly
I compare both, Pi was a pain
Correct power supply or all USB won't work
SD card issues
Every Reboot one odd USB drive wont boot
It's perfect for the development & projects for which it was made but we want everything from a small device which is super capable in its own terms
It's basically usage opinion

Take a look at this Intel BNUC11ATKC20RA1 - Windows 11, Intel, Celeron 4505, 4 GB DDR4, 64 GB eMMC Mini PC on Flipkart

Can anyone tell me what is better in this one compared to the BOXNUC7CJYSAMN?

Is there a pcie port or extra sata port in this?

Take a look at this Intel BNUC11ATKC20RA1 - Windows 11, Intel, Celeron 4505, 4 GB DDR4, 64 GB eMMC Mini PC on Flipkart

Can anyone tell me what is better in this one compared to the BOXNUC7CJYSAMN?

Is there a pcie port or extra sata port in this?
M.2 SSD port - PCI Gen 3, 3.5mm jack

Can anyone confirm if the NUC can handle all these applications like downloading and streaming using plex (direct play) without any hiccups?
As long as you setup hardware acceleration correctly on jellyfin nuc should be fine. Most of these tasks are io intensive.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm which SODIMM ram module works with this NUC7?
any >=8GB stick thats confirmed working with it

Take a look at this Intel BOXNUC7CJYSAMN - Windows 11, Intel, Celeron 4505, 4 GB DDR4, 64 GB eMMC Mini PC on Flipkart

Guys the above Nuc, can it work as a streaming device if connected via hdmi to tv.
Atm i have to download a few of my fav tv show episodes from the internet via my pc to USB drives and then I connect the USB drives to tv for watching..

Can the above nuc be setup in such a way that it automates the process.

Thanks

Back