iOS iOS 7 Jailbreak released [iOS 7.1 not compatible]

Jailbreak tweaks/apps installed till now (couple of others which have no settings to configure so not listed here).

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1389019922.536542.jpg

Have you compared CCSettings with CCControls? I am using the former. Read somewhere that CCToggles is more functional than CCControls.

Have you compared CCSettings with CCControls? I am using the former. Read somewhere that CCToggles is more functional than CCControls.

There are like 2-3 or even more Control center related toggle tweaks so it is getting confusing now. I have installed CCControls as of now. It allows me 6 toggles. I have read CCToggles is also good, haven't tries.
Use the one which fits your requirement.

Yeah, right. There is another very popular one called FlipControlCenter by Petrich. I chose CCSettings because it gives me the ability to switch off 3G on my 5S- in fact this was one of the main reasons I jailbroke. The other being not wanting to use the home button- have a combination of Virtual Home and Menu Button Emulator.

There are like 2-3 or even more Control center related toggle tweaks so it is getting confusing now. I have installed CCControls as of now. It allows me 6 toggles. I have read CCToggles is also good, haven't tries.
Use the one which fits your requirement.

Ok so I ditched CCControls and installed CCToggles instead. This seems to have more features. Check screenshot. I changed the app shortcuts to something that I want, like app switcher, kill all apps and such.

This seems to be a better option I feel.
ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1389115374.503447.jpg

Check the new BiteSMS, it's quite awesome. This jailbreak is now turning out to be a real super hack for the iPhone 5S- devs are coming up with really neat touch ID based tweaks. The latest one is called Touchy and you can configure your fingers to launch apps.
Using Activator and Virtual Home I have actually gotten over my desperate need for Zephyr.

Last edited:
Zephyr was my most used tweak on 5.1.1. But since there is almost no chance of zephyr coming to iOS 7, i am using menu button emulator (which i might remove) for home button and have changed the control center bottom apps to have icons to open app switcher, kill all apps, home button.
The home button in the CC cannot do double click but that is not really an issue since double click is used to open card switcher and that has a separate icon already.

Check above screenshot to see what i mean.

Zephyr was my mainstay too on iOS 6. Instead of using control center you can try Activator to emulate Zephyr with greater ease. I use a bottom screen swipe from left to right for home button and right to left for app switcher. Works really well and hence removed menu button emulator.
I don't think app kill is really required in iOS 7.

Using Activator now to simulate the home button action (swipe up from bottom left in an application to show springboard).
UnlockSound7 - Get the old unlock sound (which apple removed).
Voicemailremover - To remove voice mail icon from the phone app screen (bottom right).
AlwaysClear - In the NC, one needs to tap the little cross and then the CLEAR text comes and then only you can clear the notification. This tweak enabled CLEAR to be displayed all the time. Very convenient.
Application Duplication (with Terminal) - To duplicate an app so we have 2 copies of same app. I use this to have 2 copies of my TV show tracker app, one for watching and one for DLing.

Its been long time since i have done jailbreak, last was iphone 3G. i was thinking of jail breaking the iphone 5s, my main concern is battery life. Have you guys faced any trouble with that ? is the jailbreak stable enough ? can i buy the app/tweaks through indian cc ? i don't have any paypal account.

Jailbreak iPhone 5S and observe the battery life yourself. If you feel it is very bad then just restore back. See the more tweaks you install, you can expect not so good battery life.
I don't own 5S so cannot so anything about JB on this phone. In general it is stable but not all tweaks may work on the 5S due to new architecture. But JB apps/tweaks are getting updated constantly so do not worry.

Going with Activator is the right decision- try left and right swipes at the bottom of the screen for home and switcher. Works more smoothly than swiping up, as you don't need to restrain the CC popping up.

This jailbreak is the best thing to have happened to iPhone 5S. Battery life will actually improve with better control over 3G, Wifi and Location settings. And you will totally fall in love with touch ID based tweaks. Enjoy the magic.

@Arbit

Actually i have got so much used to Zephyr that upward swipe was the most frequently used gesture previously. I still miss the animation of an app closing using zephyr. Now it just fades away and springboard appears. I have set it up as left side of screen swipe up for home button action and right side for switcher. They work absolutely fine and control center does not interfere. For activating the CC i have to swipe up in middle which i as it is do.
Also double tap status bar to lock phone. I am paranoid about using the hardware buttons on my iPhone :p
Activator is indeed one of the best tweaks out there.
Btw have you tried the activator menu thing ? I haven't. No idea what it is. Do you know ?

Zephyr was my iPhone's pivotal tweak too. I don't like using the home button but not only because of the fear of breaking it- even though my 5S is not covered by warranty in India.

After not having the luxury of zephyr on iOS 7, I found the lateral bottom swipes more simple especially as now the upward swipe was not opening the switcher at the bottom, as used to happen in iOS 6 and also since I get to have CC too.

Don't know how the Menu thing works in Activator, looks like you can create your own linked customs actions.

Also do you know of any tweak which can hide apps like you could in the dock which came built with SBSettings?

What is the difference between iFile Paid version and iFile trial ? I believe the trial is not restricted to few days or uses but it is sort of unlimited ?

iFile- Restricted Features

Some of the functionality of iFile is available only for registered users:

File name search.
Playlist playing in new Audio Player.
Display of song title instead of file name for audio files.
Display of thumbnails instead of default icons for images.
Text editor search functionality.
WebDAV support of iFile's Web Server.
Sending of files via Bluetooth to iFile on other devices.
Usage of multiple tabs.
FTP, box, Dropbox, WebDAV client support.
Editing of SQLite3 database files.
Saving of modified binary files from Hex Editor.

Back