iOS iOS 7 Jailbreak released [iOS 7.1 not compatible]

Guys I tried JBing my brother's iPhone 4 6.1.3 using redsn0w's tethered 6.0 JB. It seemed like everything went well. I booted the device using "Just boot", but after booting I could only find newstand app. All other icons seemed to have disappeared? What should I do now? What did I do wrong? First time JBing an iPhone (hell, first time holding it so close :p). Complete noob! Please help.

I am trying to clean install iOS 7.1 on my iphone 4s. However I got 3194 error. Edited the host file but still getting 3004 error.
Uninstalled and installed latest version of iTunes. Tried to restore several times but same error. Google seems to throw solutions but none helped.

Can anyone help ??
@raksrules

I am trying to clean install iOS 7.1 on my iphone 4s. However I got 3194 error. Edited the host file but still getting 3004 error.
Uninstalled and installed latest version of iTunes. Tried to restore several times but same error. Google seems to throw solutions but none helped.

Can anyone help ??
@raksrules

You have downloaded IPSW and hitting Shift + Restore or you are trying to update directly ?

Downloaded ipsw and hitting shift plus restore.

AFAIK, 3004 error occurs only when there iTunes can not connect to Apple server and verify the update/restore. Now on Google-ing on error 3004 I come across following. "But apparently iTunes may use the WinInet library to access the web. This library uses the same configuration and settings as IE." In very same post, it has been asked to check if IE is offline or online. You can try same.

Source

AFAIK, 3004 error occurs only when there iTunes can not connect to Apple server and verify the update/restore. Now on Google-ing on error 3004 I come across following. "But apparently iTunes may use the WinInet library to access the web. This library uses the same configuration and settings as IE." In very same post, it has been asked to check if IE is offline or online. You can try same.

Source

Thanks for the effort. But I already know this.
It didn't help.

@aquaticbullet it's mostly because of internet settings. remove/reset all proxy, double check settings, disable firewall, remove host file entries, reboot your system, use shift + enter and DFU.

if doesn't help, then do this in your friend's computer.

Back