iOS iPad Air and iOS n00b - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have browser tab refresh issue ? I used iPad 4 on iOS 6, it worked really fine. Want to how it is for iOS 5
iOS 5 also automatic refresh in safari as well as chrome. I too am sick of this. Even issue in dolphin browser.

@avi @raksrules
Do you guys have chrome crashing all the time? I loaded about 5 tabs and it crashed - I didn't have any app running in the background (apart from the email). I restarted (restored) the browser and it worked fine.. I got frustrated with this so I downloaded some other browser yesterday (forgot the name) and it had the same auto refresh issues (and crashed once)

I guess iOS has a fu**ed up way of handling things. Everyday I'm inclined a little more to return the device.
I might pull the trigger one of these days.

Chrome is fine here, but there is tab refresh.

Try coast by opera and let me know how that goes.

^ yeah that's one problem - I'm supposed to return it by the end of this month I think (will call BestBuy and check)
And there's another problem - There's no real Android rival for iPad Air. I'm still undecided on 8.3" (gpad) form factor but anything less is just a waste IMHO.

Samsung Note 2014 is good. I have tried it. S-pen is really good. I really liked that. But it's way too costly and not worth the money IMO. And less than 8.3' is not a waste, it just depends on your usage.

btw is iPad your first tablet?

Nah -- no Sammy stuff for me. The colors on their displays are so much 'in your face'. Even the 4K tv has this issue

Edit:
when I say 'waste' I don't mean its an utter waste for everyone.. All I mean is to me it doesn't feel like so much of an upgrade from my phone and the screen is too small to enjoy videos and browse comfortably.
Again - all of this is just my opinion..

yeah, that I agree. And then only Nexus 10.

and as far safari tab refresh thing, install apps for the sites you visit as most if them have it. Tapatalk, Alien Blue etc.

Well, I like to browse on a browser - if I'm reading TE at one point, then suddenly I might find something else that I need to check up on (a google search or a completely irrelevant website) and if you're using Tapatalk, then you will have to switch over to the browser for something else - too much switching for my comfort (may be because I'm not so much of a power user)

Another example is when I'm looking for places for rent - I search on one site and then if there's something nice, I'd like to open that in a different tab leaving the current search results as they are so that I can come back 5 minutes later and resume my search. But if a device/ecosystem can't handle this, then I'm not sure what the point of charging a premium is!

Well, I like to browse on a browser - if I'm reading TE at one point, then suddenly I might find something else that I need to check up on (a google search or a completely irrelevant website) and if you're using Tapatalk, then you will have to switch over to the browser for something else - too much switching for my comfort (may be because I'm not so much of a power user)

Another example is when I'm looking for places for rent - I search on one site and then if there's something nice, I'd like to open that in a different tab leaving the current search results as they are so that I can come back 5 minutes later and resume my search. But if a device/ecosystem can't handle this, then I'm not sure what the point of charging a premium is!

This tab crashing thing is supposed to be fixed via 7.0.2 as per macrumors. But i agree that paying > 35k for a "premium" device and then having to suffer browser crashes is infuriating.

yeah I read this thread on one of the mac forums about this problem - A lot of people say it's a problem with the low ram on the device but what I don't understand is that some resource hungry games don't keep crashing so why the browser? It's annoying really..

Anyways, I found this free app called Remote Files (I think that's the name, I tried a ton of such apps) which lets me stream pictures so that part is taken care of - OPlayer for video and Remote Files for pictures.

On another note: The NDTV app for iPad looks good. The split screen for live tv is handy - my only qualm with it is that it can't be used as a split screen while working on a different app (like a browser or twitter app or something) - guess I'm being greedy :p

^ FINALLY!
Edit:
shouldn't it be in the reviews section?
and damn I can't see any image - stupid restrictions in office..

Edit- 2:
didn't realize you posted the link to your blog .. :)

Sorry to barge in on the thread but would like to know what kind of screen guard to use on the Ipad 4 retina.
Would prefer a matte and anti fingerprint one.
Didn't want to make a whole new thread for that.

Thanks!

^ I've not used any screen guard or anything on my ipad air ....its naked :p
the screen looks like a fingerprint magnet but i'm not too eager to put a screen guard on it..
might be getting a case/cover but nothing as of now..

no case as of now, planning to buy Smart Case by Apple, but its so damn costly :S Did you buy any case?

and also what about your decision about iPad? You returning it or sticking with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back