iOS iPad Air and iOS n00b - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was looking at amazon and some cases there were for $10 and the stupid apple ones are for 70+ or something!

And I'm not 100% happy with it - but then there is no other viable alternative (N10 is a year+ old and I'm not a fan of 7inches..and I hate Sammy displays)

^don't use matte, it spoils the experience.

and this gadgetzshield is screen gaurd is full body, not just front + back.

Yeah, I've been using matte on my SGS2 for long and although the clear ones look better and brighter I really would like an oleophobic one for the Ipad.[DOUBLEPOST=1388482645][/DOUBLEPOST]
^don't use matte, it spoils the experience.

and this gadgetzshield is screen gaurd is full body, not just front + back.

I think they have options for screen only as well.

yeah, they have both... just now I saw... and also Gadgetzshield screen guards have come special instructions while applying. You have dip in soap water, then apply and then leave for 24 hours or something. Read about it properly.

Even though gloss one is fingerprint magnet, its not that bad. But thing is iPad has beautiful screen, with matte I don't think you will experience same. So it's up to you, fingerprints on screengaurd vs not-so-beautiful screen.... I would always prefer the former.

yeah one of the things that is making me keep my ipad is the frickin screen - I don't intend to put a screen guard on it at all!

I'll just buy a cover and that should be that!

I have got glossy 3M screen guard for Ipad and its very good, feels like very thin glass on top of the display. It was slightly expensive than the normal scratch guards. IIRC i paid 1800 for this.

I also hate matte finish screen guards.

I tried streaming 1080p vid (Ship Of Theseus which I had downloaded) from my laptop to my iPad Air via OPlayer and noticed there was a considerable stuttering.

I didn't see this with other vids that claimed to be 1080p rips (from *cough* those *cough* sources) - can't figure out what's happening. Any ideas?

I don't use OPlayer, so I cannot say why. Can you try other apps? Air Video HD or VLC ?

I don't use OPlayer, so I cannot say why. Can you try other apps? Air Video HD or VLC ?

Any idea about the wallpaper issue in the ipad ? I am trying to set pics as wallpaper but they always get cropped. Used couple of apps but it didn't solve the purpose.

I recently bought an ipad air 32gb and I'll be travelling international next week. I want to copy some movies to the ipad air and watch 'em.

How do i transfer without having to convert to mp4 and what player do i use to watch these movies on the ipad?

^Buy AvPlayerHD. Costs around 180 INR and its the best iOS app I ever bought. And you can play any format video with this player.

I recently bought an ipad air 32gb and I'll be travelling international next week. I want to copy some movies to the ipad air and watch 'em.

How do i transfer without having to convert to mp4 and what player do i use to watch these movies on the ipad?

My personal suggestion would be nPlayer or VLC. I use nPlayer. It plays almost all formats and it has gesture controls which is super convenient.
I am assuming your iPad is NOT jailbroken so i guess you do this (not exact steps as i don't use iTunes at all).

1. Install nPlayer (or any other player like VLC etc) on your iPad and then Open iTunes and connect your iPad to PC.
2. Once it shows up in iTunes, click on the iPad button on right side of the application and go under APPS
3. Below you will see all installed apps. On the bottom part of that screen you should be seeing something like file sharing or something. This will only be available for apps that allow file sharing.
4. You select the video player from the list (VLC or nPlayer or whatever) and on right side drag and drop your movies and videos and let me copy. Sync iPad and they should appear within your player.

Remember that this is not android where you place file at some random location and all video apps can see that. The folder/app under which you copy the files, only that will be able to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back