iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singer

Recruit
guys please help me choose one of these.. their specifications sound quite similar and i already have an iphone 3g(Got kinda bored with it).
i will mainly use my phone for music, games(if i get bored while travelling or in a party) and photography. ya i do watch videos on it occasionally.
how is the sound quality on both of it? Please help me with your opinions..

God bless..

This thread needs some attention from mods and needs to be closed.

This is a forum for technology enthusiasts who can have a healthy discussion while respecting others opinions and not act like hooligans . There is no point of having a discussion when a person doesn't even realize the pros and cons of a platform and instead everyone just tries to flame each other.

LOL, Android can run on 500mhz device also and it runs fairly well. Android flies on quad core processor to have much functionalities which can be fulfilled by iOS only in dreams. One prominent feature is multitasking and then you have talking picture which shooting HD videos, etc.

It seems that in your opinion, since Apple dont have quadcore and 2 GB RAM, no other device should have it, LOL...........
I am wondering if Apple launches quadcore processor, what you would say...please reply to this. I am dying to see your reply on this.......
Please dont disappoint me....

Why you will reply, you already said that you have replied to each and every post, now what happened????

I have already replied. See above. :)

Do you understand there are other things like RAM and available system partition size. Never mind, who am i kidding... :lol:

@ adaneam and @honest1

htc one V and htc nexus one both have same amount of RAM and both are on snapdragon with same generation of processor and gfx.
but one can run ICS and JB but nexus one cant get ICS

what is this

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

pure lack of comprehension and may be some form of learning deficiency and dyslexia or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh!Our IQ sensitive guy has joined in!
Get your pencil and papers ready boy!
We are in for a lecture how to UNDERSTAND Android,and how to make (DONT SAY COOK!!)an Android ROM.
BTW who was that,who wrote JB slows down a phone?
Of course in the hands of an idiot anything will slow down!
I just wonder how many of us actually have used both the os extensively!

Why would I use an OS like Apple's? Noway never. Btw did you remember to get your grey cells or just bought in pens and pencils?

when faced with facts why all our honest guys have fled the scene?

android is bloated platform and it will never shed the flab.
TBF, you are not giving facts... you are just whining, nothing else :) No one said, ICS requires or android requires Quadcore processer and 2GB RAM.. Even now new products has been released with ICS, which has single core, < 1Ghz and 512MB RAM. Its fact that HOX display is way better than your so called retina display.. but how thats related to android or google? I dont know why you are talking unrelated things? I know still you will come with some unrelated points for this post :) all the best!!!!

ZTcta.png

when faced with facts why all our honest guys have fled the scene?

android is bloated platform and it will never shed the flab.

Ya, I fled. I was in real fear. I though you will kill me. :lol:
Man, I just dont live on internet, I sometimes eat food, sometimes spend time with family and sometimes I work also.

Yes, because the way Android is developing, its hard to give support to old phones, unlike iOS. Android is developing much faster than iOS.

LOL. I thought intelligent people were having a discussion.

You sir, are incorrect. IOS and Android have the same update cycle. 1 major release every year and minor updates in between.

LOL. I thought intelligent people were having a discussion.

You sir, are incorrect. IOS and Android have the same update cycle. 1 major release every year and minor updates in between.
Please refrain commenting on any one's intelligence. Not acceptable.

I never talked about frequency. I talked about how the OS is getting developed.
For example, earlier, 4 hardware keys are required on Android, but now with ICS/JB, there is no need of hardware keys. This is just ONE example.
iOS from the inception has the same 4x4 grid and 1 kill button.
So I am talking in this respect rather than the frequency.

Copy? Please read the thread and you will come to know who has copied what. How many times it has to be explained.

Seriously, most people commenting here haven't used an iphone. And just because a user can root a rom and install firmware on a phone doesnt make them an expert.

Read the thread! This thread is full of users who are trying to prove that their sub-15,000 phones have more features (run **ANDROID**)and hence, are better than an iphone.

iOS 1.0 also didnt not have copy paste which they did in iOS 3.0. Whereas Android preferred to have basic functionality rather than smoothness, I am happy that they did this way.

Copy Paste a basic feature.! So you use this feature every 30 minutes like you sms and call, right?

iOS 1.0 didnt have so many things which Android has from day 1. So, stop talking alone about smoothness.

No comments. Epic.! Dyslexia perhaps..

The bug which you are talking about is related to people who love to flash custom ROM's. It does not effect common people who are on stock. And for those who are developers/flasher, they have alternate of avoiding any brick. I am doing it and know how to do it.
I too have SII and never faced issue you have mentioned.

You sir, are fantastic. Do you even know what I am talking about?

I recommend you do some reading before commenting.

Your trusty iPhone4 will get ios6 because apple has to support only 5-6 phones. On the other hand, Android is deployed on more than 100 types of phone and the beauty is that it can be deployed on so many different kind of devices!
Lag? Are you talking about sub 10k phones here?

There is nothing beautiful about it, it is only because it is free. Also, 85% of all iphones are running the latest ios, in the Android realm only 15% currently run ICS which is AFAIK, 1 year old.

Yes, most android devices lag a certain amount. Even the SII does after the ICS update. Just keep a GB SII, ICS SII side by side and let them go on standby and press the 'Home' key.

Why? Poorly optimised code..

My Android phone does not lag.
Tutorial, so you mean to say that someone would write a simple tutorial for you so that you became a developers and in its absence, no one can

I was being sarcastic! Your feeble mind does not understand humour, does it?

Oh well! I should have known it already..!

Please refrain commenting on any one's intelligence. Not acceptable.

I never talked about frequency. I talked about how the OS is getting developed.
For example, earlier, 4 hardware keys are required on Android, but now with ICS/JB, there is no need of hardware keys. This is just ONE example.
iOS from the inception has the same 4x4 grid and 1 kill button.
So I am talking in this respect rather than the frequency.

What you quote here are featurettes not development.

And if they are development, why arent the OEMs following?

For instance why do SIII, One Series, Xperia NXT series have hardware keys?

It's funny how people compare Samsung update cycle with Apple's. Compare them with Google's update cycle. We are not Samsung fans! How many nexus devices are running on JB/GB/ICS?

I own a S2. This was for my friend with a limited budget. Given his limited budget, I advised him on an Android phone against an iPhone because it would've been quite an old device.
Now, he's pissed off with the lag and there exists no developer support to help solve that.

Put 25-30k more and get an iPhone then. Problem solved!
Btw, a 3GS does not lag like this one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back