Iphone dreams shattered? Now what?

^^ forget OS X,

Let's talk the language of paying for plain hardware.

Give me one good phone in the 10K range (or even close to 10K) that has hardware half as capable as this one

PS: I still maintain tht 31K is too high, but asking for a price point of 10K amounts to baseless cribbing... and plese don't say it costs 200 in the US... there is a reason why it is 200 and you'll find plenty of info on the net to get an answer to that why

i went to a few shops today.. i had a few phones in mind which i liked on paper and wanted to see..

this is what i concluded (reasons for not liking):

n82 @ 19500: dont like the keypad or the rear (design and plasticy feel)

n78 @ 19000: terrible keypad and a plasticy feel

e66 @ 20500: too expensive, some nice features otherwise

e71 @ 20000: i like the blackberry size better, out of budget

c902: noone had it, still an option

sammy f480 @ 18800: no wifi, gps, unknown OS.. good overall package, im considering it

anyone has anything else in mind? i was overall disappointed with the n series. they didnt feel well built and felt plasticy, even the n81.

do not and pls do not compare n82 with any phone .. :mad: its gem of a device .. comparing it with iphone ..:rofl: my bro has one and it did not warrant a second look from me..:bleh:

and by the way , build quality of n82 is fantastic .. i have dropped mine several times since dec without any prob whatsoever ..

yogi7272 said:
do not and pls do not compare n82 with any phone .. :mad: its gem of a device .. comparing it with iphone ..:rofl: my bro has one and it did not warrant a second look from me..:bleh:

and by the way , build quality of n82 is fantastic .. i have dropped mine several times since dec without any prob whatsoever ..

well, i havent compared the n82 to any other phone including the iphone. but i still dont like the keypad or the rear. its just not my type. i know its a good overall package otherwise, but i just dont like how it looks or feels.

Some of my friends argued with me recently that iphone will be 8-10 k in india and it was surely a delight to see their faces after i showed them the sms from vodafone . My expectations were around 15-23k but vodafone really outdid irself with such a crap offer . How about HTC diamond ? Is it available unlocked ? Hopefully HTC dream will be launching in few months featuring android platform , that's something to look forward to ;)

superczar said:
^^ forget OS X,

Let's talk the language of paying for plain hardware.

Give me one good phone in the 10K range (or even close to 10K) that has hardware half as capable as this one

If you want one example, then how about iPhone in US for $199. Let Vodaphone/Airtel charge What ever they want for Activation and let them take 2 year contracts from the customers, but sell the damned phone (hardware) for similar pricing as US. 31k for an the phone without the connection and the phone still being locked to thier network is sheer blasphemy.

IceFusion said:
am looking forward to Samsung Omnia actually >

other than that the HTC Touch PRO....

Nokia N96 seems just too weird to invest on

Yeah, I am also drooling over Samsung Omnia. I just hope they have some sensible pricing for the phone. HTC Touch Pro is slightly better than the HTC Diamond, but at the root its still the same phone and has the same limitations and problems. As for N96/N82 or whatever, I do not place it in the same league as Omnia or HTC Touch Diamond/Pro. They are designed to serve a different consumer base.

Guys wanted to ask.... the unlocked phones in Indiaplaza are they new or secondhand.... and the 6 months dealers warranty is it worth it???

I m seriously thinkin of getting a blackberry

anyone noticed it yet? airtel pricing == vodafone pricing..

why does it sound like cartelization?

i mean whatever happened to a free market?

airtel are vodafone gambled, they will sell only a few iPhones @ 31K n 36.1K......

and they aren't fools, they must have thought about it, they could've priced the iPhone at a lower price but @ 31K they might be making a huge profit.

it's business after all, they aren't doing any charity

as for me

the only reason I liked the iPhone was because of it's touchscreen interface, and coz it was an iPod too

I have a N70 ME phone, and I'm quite happy with it....has most of the things, 3G, Video Calling (which will be used when 3G starts), a nice music player, expandable memory, 2MP cam with flash, a symbian OS etc..

$#@$#@nk said:
airtel are vodafone gambled, they will sell only a few iPhones @ 31K n 36.1K......
and they aren't fools, they must have thought about it, they could've priced the iPhone at a lower price but @ 31K they might be making a huge profit.
it's business after all, they aren't doing any charity
as for me
the only reason I liked the iPhone was because of it's touchscreen interface, and coz it was an iPod too
I have a N70 ME phone, and I'm quite happy with it....has most of the things, 3G, Video Calling (which will be used when 3G starts), a nice music player, expandable memory, 2MP cam with flash, a symbian OS etc..

So true, but 700 $ for a cell phone, even americans might be laughing !

if nobody buys then it should come down??
btw

apple sold thh phone to airtel/vodafone at 400$, and they want it to be luxury phone, unlikely that it will come down soon.

Actually Airtel and Vodafone are like bhai-bhai :p
They will decide everything sitting together in one board room :p Thats the reason the prices are exactly similar!

Back