Is it really worthy to extend budget to get Nexus S or Galaxy SL

lak2004mi

Disciple
Urgent..What to choose..3 days to go..

Hi to all.. since i am planning to buy android mobile in the range of 15K (keeping defy in mind) i came across lot of suggestion in many post saying to extend a bit and go for Nexus s or Galaxy SL..

This is confusing much because i don't have problem in extending my budget but is it really worthy?! considering defy's performance & feature at that price..

Since i am in engineering field i may not have soft handling of device all the time..is Nexus s and Galaxy SL can handle me :huh:

aradhakr84 said:
I know. Went to sammy store to check the price for my cousin who bought one recently. They said 28k. I laughed and showed them the online price, their response was "Go there and buy it" :( I thought they would try to match it like in US. But given the cold shoulder. Maybe price matching is not possible in India.

Also important thing is when I hooked my cousin a discounted Nexus S using my friend's employee information (He works in Samsung Labs as Android Tester in Media) The price he got was 19,540. That was few weeks ago. So 18,990 seems to be a great price and a good deal since that is the same price Samsung employees buy the phone for.

Even worse, the salesguy asked me "what is online shop?" I was like :S ... not to blame them, such is the penetration of eCommerce sites in India...

BTW, If the best one can get is 19540 how come an online retailer can throw in at 18990? is there a catch in this deal? :huh:

There is no catch from the look. You are getting a sealed box with bill under your name for full 1 year warranty. The sales of Nexus S is abysmal here in India. The online retailers should have been overstocked and trying to sell it off IMHO. Nexus S was released just few months ago for 30k and dropped so immensely to 19k because of poor volume of sales. Why? Samsung Galaxy S and its popularity here in India. But Nexus is slowly gaining popularity due to price drop and hence it is sold out at Flipkart or LB.

My friend bought a nexus s for 20.7k yesterday from a normal shop in bangalore which is a decent price for normal shops as many are asking 27-28k, i think the mobile shop fellows are still selling it at older prices.

MaRKiV said:
Congratulations! I was under the impression that u were going to get a Nexus S. But Defy is an awesome buy. Dont forget to update us about the performance & ur opinion!

Thanks.. Yah Nexus S was very close to purchase but due to time constrain (no stock in LB & FK) & price (spent part of mobile purchase money in some other things;))

Got a message from LB and they shipped item by Bluedart. And as per Bluedart reference Expected DOD - 16 August 2011 that is on Tuesday.

So once i got my defy i will update my experience....:D

MaRKiV said:
Even worse, the salesguy asked me "what is online shop?" I was like :S ... not to blame them, such is the penetration of eCommerce sites in India...

BTW, If the best one can get is 19540 how come an online retailer can throw in at 18990? is there a catch in this deal? :huh:

18990 is from the coupon from LB. otherwise it is for 19999.... hence les than 19.5k

Hi all,

Got my Defy on Sunday afternoon...Thanks to Letsbuy and Bluedart. About defy ..Its a beauty.:D
Pre loaded with 2.2. Only one thing struck me:mad: was it is green lens eventhough it was manufactured on July 2011..

Any Idea to confirm camera module?? since bayer module works with 720HD recording..

First of all congratulations. You have finally got a phone in your hand. Now you must be happy and no more questions about what to buy ;)

Look at this thread discussed on XDA about Red and Green Lens:

[Q] defy green or red lens? - xda-developers

Here is one member explaining the difference:

"just take a picture (5MP), and if its less than 1MB you have green lens, if its around 1.5-2MB, you have red lens (of course this only works if you havent applied any camera patches!)"

Back