Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe for the Apple plan, you need to generate the code and the SIM must be in the iPhone 7. Overall, @ 303*13+99 which is about some 4000 odd bucks, if this works with an iPhone 5S/6/6S it would be great, but I think they would have gotten the plan locked to 7 series only using IMEI.

iPhone users picking up Jio SIM will have the Welcome offer uptill 2017 end? As in without paying anything like Rs 99 or 303/month?
(somebody ready with an iphone mentioned this, had to confirm)

I believe for the Apple plan, you need to generate the code and the SIM must be in the iPhone 7. Overall, @ 303*13+99 which is about some 4000 odd bucks, if this works with an iPhone 5S/6/6S it would be great, but I think they would have gotten the plan locked to 7 series only using IMEI.

It's not the App offer, One has to buy Apple phone from Reliance Digi/Express to get the Jio Apple sim. Also the validity of the simcard will be from 1st april 2017 to March 2018.

And yes the user dont have to pay anything for Prime offer.

https://www.jio.com/apple

Last edited:
The Jio chap is with me

1. Night data free unlimited @ 2- 5 AM is removed from Prime
2. No limit on hotspot with JioFi device, but it seems it is for Jio phones only.
3. You need to recharge. There is no intimation about grace period info.

Please give me list of questions I need to ask. He will be visiting me on Monday/Tuesday.

Hi,

Just one question. Can booster pack be added to postpaid plans? what will be their validity?

I’m planning to stick to the 149 postpaid plan which I got before the prime got introduced & add 51 data pack every month as I have high speed internet at home.

Hi,

Just one question. Can booster pack be added to postpaid plans? what will be their validity?

I’m planning to stick to the 149 postpaid plan which I got before the prime got introduced & add 51 data pack every month as I have high speed internet at home.

Yes, booster can be added to postpaid as well. Validity is always end of bill cycle.

Hi,

Their website does not indicate the availability of a 149 postpaid plan.

Can any one tell whats the use of top up voucher if call are free.:what?:
Top up vouchers are only for the customers, who won't go with any of the plans mentioned above. Voice calls are free, only if you go with any of the plans. Otherwise, you have to top up your SIM for voice calls, browsing or other value added services just like any other service provider out there. Voice call rates are 1.2P/Sec (Local). Hope you can understand.

Last edited:
Strange, when I call a Jio number from Airtel/Vodafone/IDEA I get a message to check the number I have dialed. It only gets connected with another Jio number.

When i'm trying to call from Jio to other while calling it gets disconnected many time then i discovered that it's solution is to use their app called "Jio4GVoice" for calling services and i happens to like it and the reason for its use that even if you dont have VoLTE support on your phone that may enable it through app.

When i'm trying to call from Jio to other while calling it gets disconnected many time then i discovered that it's solution is to use their app called "Jio4GVoice" for calling services and i happens to like it and the reason for its use that even if you dont have VoLTE support on your phone that may enable it through app.
Even after using Jio4GVoice whenever I dial a Jio number from Airtel or Vodafone I get a message that the number does not exist. Seems like Airtel and Vodafone are still blocking Jio.

Now MTNL mobile numbers are getting switched off meseege when calling from Jio.

Looks like government also blocking them.

Airtel giving 1gb per day straight, no 500mb day 500mb night business, got this message
"7 Mar se 345 ka pack benefit revise ho gaya hai ab RC 345 ke naye benefit hai Unlimited Local + STD Calls aur 28 GB data ( 1GB per day) validity 28 din."
8 March 2017 92534 PM IST.jpg

Companies are desperately matching jio's plan, it's like "marta kya na karta" "what a dying man doesn't do"

Last edited:
I'm actually considering getting rid of my Jio sim altogether if there's no night unlimited. Coz basically i'll only be using it for calls on the 149 plan then, and now most competitors are coming out with good plans. only thing missing is a good low cost plan. Another reason to ditch Jio is the 4g-only dadagiri. If i switch to data (2g/3g/4g) on the second sim the Jio sim goes completely offline. It's a chipset limitation, but i ain't gonna change my phone just for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back