Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Jio Prime may be extended but I doubt it's going to stay forever. It's a way to raise ARPUs AFAIK. A good chunk of non-Prime Jio users are also going to stay anyway, so I expect RJio to be as big as RCom subscriber-wise (or very close).

Most of the competitors are focusing their efforts on combating non-Prime Jio plans, especially in corporate and postpaid sector.

Source: Saw a few presentations from various operators.

Non-prime, for example 303, gives 2.5gb for a month. I don't see how this is an attractive plan to either an new subscriber or someone porting in from another operator.

People going for jio prime today are doomed , since the recharges are not going through from morning. Nice happened!! :p

Ditto here too, tried about an hour last night, finally went through. Made two txns, 99 followed by 149. Got two 50 vouchers.

Got me thinking, after applying the voucher, the unltd pack comes to ~253? So the extra 100 bucks compared to the 149 is well worth it for those who need more than 1-2gb/month. Anyway, i'm happy with the 149, just hope service actually improves. Yesterday I had a lot of 'all lines busy' errors. And I was in Karjat, calling a local bsnl landline was a nightmare, it would connect but I couldn't hear anything, would take 3-4 redials to actually speak to the person.

Ditto here too, tried about an hour last night, finally went through. Made two txns, 99 followed by 149. Got two 50 vouchers.

Got me thinking, after applying the voucher, the unltd pack comes to ~253? So the extra 100 bucks compared to the 149 is well worth it for those who need more than 1-2gb/month. Anyway, i'm happy with the 149, just hope service actually improves. Yesterday I had a lot of 'all lines busy' errors. And I was in Karjat, calling a local bsnl landline was a nightmare, it would connect but I couldn't hear anything, would take 3-4 redials to actually speak to the person.

I got crossed connections!

Today, we were seeing a lot of people who were complaining that they aren’t able to subscribe to Prime and expected Jio to announce and extension of the deadline for Jio Prime subscription and as per the press statement, those who were unable to enroll or want to enroll for Jio Prime will now be able to do it till 15th April 2017.

To make the Jio Prime subscription deal sweeter, Jio is now offering 3 months of complimentary service to people who are doing first recharge of Rs. 303 and above. Jio is calling it Summer Surprise for Prime Members. So essentially, you pay Rs. 99 + 303 (or more) and get 3 months of data and services for free, this surely isn’t a bad deal.

So now, the paid tariff will be applicable in the month of July after the expiry of Jio Summer surprise for Jio Prime users.
https://www.mobigyaan.com/jio-gets-72-million-paid-users-extends-prime-deadline-offers-freebies

So what does that mean ?
Prime members like me who paid Rs402 will get services till july ?
So same 512Kbps till july

Last edited by a moderator:
So what happens now for ppl who have done prime recharge + Rs.149 recharge? :mad:

303 will continue the plan for 3 months but 149 will be only for another 28 days?

Is this only for first recharge or any 303 done before April 15?

Coz then even those who've done 149 can simply recharge 303 (or 253) and get 3 months free, followed by 28 days of 149, followed by 28 days of 303, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back