L.A Noire - Discussion Thread

Re: L.A Noire Thread [Xbox 360/PS3]

No its going to be somewhat like FF13 on Xbox 360 in terms of installing the game

I hate installation of games in consoles. Pretty soon the consoles gonna be like pc and would want an installation of every game and even ask for cd-keys.

The best thing of the sixth gen of consoles was really no installation and still there were great games (even open worlds).

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

I saw L.A Confidential the other night and I have a feeling this game has a high influence with this movie. The movie was awesome btw, so I'm expecting the game to provide an experience on similar lines.

Decent Trailer. Need to stay away from anything relating to this game though atleast until 3.6 is exploited.

Just 5 more days to go before it releases. I need to speed up my progress on Warriors: Legends of Troy before this game shows up. :)

Someone got hold of PS3 copy

jAhoN.jpg

Ethan_Hunt said:
Just 5 more days to go before it releases. I need to speed up my progress on Warriors: Legends of Troy before this game shows up. :)
How are you planning to play it? :p

I think I'd be getting a copy via Flipkart for the X360.

Not willing to update my PS3 to 3.60 for this title.

Side-quests Preview IGN

[youtube]jJG4D9m-SwQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

OMFG! Why can't 17th come any sooner? :(

Guys L.A. Noire is cheaper at Nextworld and Letsbuy in comparison to Flipkart or anywhere else.

2199 at nextworld/Letsbuy in comparison to 2224 at Flipkart.

First review is up (and YES it's AWESOME): LA Noire Review

and the first 15 minutes of the game (which I didn't watch to avoid spoilers):

[youtube]INPyXVWL1OM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I tweeted Kevin Vanord(Gamespot) and he is halfway into the game and he says its amazing

OXM UK L.A Noire Review sneaks its way online.

One of the first L.A Noire Reviews is finally upon us.

A lucky Gamefaqs user has gotten his hands on the newest issue of OXM UK which features a review for L.A Noire. Receiving a perfect 10/10 L.A Noire is set to be one of the top games this year. Check out the details from the review below.

+Very meaty, very lengthy (took them about 30 hours to finish the main story, and took them around 40ish to complete everything)

+Very cinematic, takes many cues from LA Confidential they said. Also according to the reviewer “A game that bridges cinema and the gaming universe.”

+Motion Scan is the highlight for them, and the feeling of actually being a detective. They said no game comes close to the experience that they had with L.A Noire.

+Great Narrative. In there opinion they said it has the dramatic, and cinematic storytelling of Heavy Rain, with the complexity of Metal Gear Solid, mixed with the length of Red Dead Redemption (but longer).

+Excellent pacing. At first you start somewhat slow, but you quickly rise within the ranks. Once you finish the 30 hour epic you become attatched with the world, the characters, the cases. Not many games have done that for him (said the reviewer).

-Gameplay is a bit clunky. If your fan of Red Dead, or GTA IV then the gameplay of LA Noire won’t feel out of place. That said, they were hoping for some advancement in this aspect.

Overall Score: 10/10

Closing comments;

“If you were expecting L.A Noire to be a reskinned GTA then you will be left severely disappointed. Many times we hear, “Who will be gaming’s Citizen Kane?”. Personally, I don’t have the gall to say L.A Noire is that type of game. But it is a game that will revolutionize the gaming industry as we know it. Never in my 20 year history of gaming have I encountered a game with as much finesse, intelligence, and attention to detail as L.A Noire, and for that I applaud L.A Noire. A game which has the nerve to do so much, in an industry where a seldom few are.”

Source: OXM UK L.A Noire Review sneaks its way online « LGG

Back