Lenovo P780 Alleged Problems

@hotshot I am using Nillkin case from Amazon. It's okay. But makes device bulky. Using Cubix case now. It's good. Awaiting delivery of one flip case from Ali express. EBay Nillkin covers are good. Rest others no idea better stay away from cheaper ones. If you want Nillkin cover I can give one.

@Doc Holliday, @drkrack - When you use the Cubix case and put your phone inside your trouser pockets, isn't the screen guard scratched when it comes in contact with the cloth?

@drkrack - I will most likely buy it next month. But still I am waiting for the Moto G to come to India.

A colleague from office (from another city I was on tour) bought the 780 for 18K + 1.2K for the flip cover. The default email client was not working with our SMTP servers, but POP3 was working. Changed to K9 email client and all is well. Did not have much time with the phone, but I think it was a good piece. However, they need to use standard Android UI which is way more beautiful than custom shit.

@Doc Holliday, @drkrack - When you use the Cubix case and put your phone inside your trouser pockets, isn't the screen guard scratched when it comes in contact with the cloth?

@drkrack - I will most likely buy it next month. But still I am waiting for the Moto G to come to India.
No such issues faced so far bud. Yes on installing the Cubix case, at the very first time, one corner of the screen protector did seem to rise a bit, which was quickly resolved by reapplying it.

A colleague from office (from another city I was on tour) bought the 780 for 18K + 1.2K for the flip cover. The default email client was not working with our SMTP servers, but POP3 was working. Changed to K9 email client and all is well. Did not have much time with the phone, but I think it was a good piece. However, they need to use standard Android UI which is way more beautiful than custom shit.
How about Go Launcher or Nova for that ?

there's an option where the phone decides the priority for data connection over WiFi or 3G. default is set for WiFi, to avoid accidental charges (can happen when the very first time user starts the phone and is presented with a firmware update).

moreover, both the SIM slots don't support 3G... which would've been already known to you.

Hey guys, am looking to buy a p780 since i have a travelling job and i needed a dual sim phone with solid battery. I was wondering if there's any issue using gps (read somewhere that gps lock takes forever). Also, is there a considerable lag while multitasking. And most importantly, is it possible to move large apps like games and stuff to external memory card?

Oh ok, cos currently i am using a lg p765 and moving apps to card was a nightmare in this. Also, i heard the 8 gb version is partitioned. Cud you elaborate exactly how much space would we get for apps?

^^
internal-storage.png

Hey thanks for the screenshot... But i am confused as to whats the difference between internal and built in storage? Why the partition?
@chiron...15 secs is about normal. Saw a few ppl rant on gsmarena abt this hence i wanted some clarification.
Also, any idea where i could get it cheapest? As of know, indiatimes shopping with coupon is at 16500.

Back