LG P500 Discussion Thread

Just now flashed cm9,its awesome, eventhough its beta 4 its still fully functional with data, wifi,etc,but camera not working properly also there is issue of color banding,still awesome with very good battery life even on stock kernel.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

I am not able to view fb contacts in phone contacts. ...it disappears once the syncing is over. .in fb settings it will automatically revert back to "don't sync " any suggestions?

I have a LG Optimus P500 from T-mobile which is unlocked to all GSM sims. It runs Fryo 2.2 and I would like to upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3.x. Is it possible to do that? Would that lock or brick the phone? I think I would not be able to run the official gingerbread update from LG but is there any way that I could install gingerbread 2.3.x since I don't also see T-mobile official gingerbread release anywhere for P500.

Kdz is the best bet,search in xda but use utmost caution using the kdz.

Yes, Kdz is the best bet but I am skeptical to try that since I have a ulocked phone. I did not find any T-mobile user having success with gingerbread using Kdz.

Successfully bricked the phone trying to update with KDZ. Trying to revive from the emergency mode where it is stuck with but no luck.

whats the current price of 2nd hand P500
<

guys I am planning to root my phone . which is the best ROM?

and is there any tutorial/guide for rooting ?

Well why don't you follow XDA..?? There are numerous threads about rooting and installing custom recovery and custom rom.

Well, regarding custom ROM, there's nothing called best, it's upto your preference. Presently most stable ROM is CM7.2 A8 by Adfaad.

But the links to those ROM's are removed now. So you may try Latest CM7.2 Nightly.

You can get the latest nightly from http://get.cm/?device=p500 or better check Nightly thread to get the latest KANG posted by Adfaad when CM Servers were down.

You may also try CM9, but remember to read what's not working...before installing and shouting
<

whats the current price of 2nd hand P500
<

Depends, should be around 5-6k.

Well why don't you follow XDA..?? There are numerous threads about rooting and installing custom recovery and custom rom.

Well, regarding custom ROM, there's nothing called best, it's upto your preference. Presently most stable ROM is CM7.2 A8 by Adfaad.

But the links to those ROM's are removed now. So you may try Latest CM7.2 Nightly.

You can get the latest nightly from http://get.cm/?device=p500 or better check Nightly thread to get the latest KANG posted by Adfaad when CM Servers were down.

You may also try CM9, but remember to read what's not working...before installing and shouting
<

Depends, should be around 5-6k.

thanks , I have started rooting just now after searching for guides i found the one on cm site well explained

now i am planning to install cm 9 from xda for ics experience

guys anyone has overclocked their phone ? what is the max stable clock speed

Well almost everyone OC'd their phone. Stabily varies on each chipset. Some lucky chipsets have achieved above 800 too..!!

Mine is stable at 768MHz. from the very beginning.

Remember the step of OC'ing is same as that of PC Hardware. Move a step, test it's stability, temp. and all and if everything is fine move another step. Repeat this until it gets unstable, in that case step back. You can try OC'ing @ 729 and then move to 768 and further if everything is fine at 729.

I installed cm9 on my phone and when I am booting i am getting message "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped". I tried rebooting but getting same problem . What should I do?

edit had installed worng gapps

I installed cm9 on my phone and when I am booting i am getting message "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped". I tried rebooting but getting same problem . What should I do?

edit had installed worng gapps

data and camera working?

what is the available internal memory in CM9?

battery ?

Data was working from the very beginning.

Camera works but camera preview is not there.

So you can click photos but you can't see what you are going to click in the screen
<

My bad I didn't check cm9 cons

Camera preview and video recorder doesn't work

But my phone is freezing even on cm9. It happened twice yesterday

@messi internal memory is about 155 mb but you can always partition your micro sd. (PS I am yet to to it). Which is the most important reason for rooting as except memory stock romantic was OK for me

Back