LG P500 Discussion Thread

Yes that will do,now install custom rom,and after finishing the installation including gapps,flash the amonra recovery,problem free recovery, I will provide the link once í go back to my pc,

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

http://dl.dropbox.co....y_ThunderG.zip

Thx buddy, actually I thought to wait till the stable release of CM. Is it necessary to flash after installation of the ROMs ?Can u suggest me some ROMs and installation steps..I believe the steps are almost similar for all the roms...BTW, the dropbox link is not working .What is that ?

CM7 gonna be stable,even nightly release has no issues other than battery drain,new franco's will solve that too,by the time CM7 become stable,CM9 nightly gonna release,now itself CM9 beta3 released and working good,beta 4 will have working camera too,so don't wait any more you are missing a lot,regarding the steps follow this

http://www.manast.com/2011/05/12/how-to-install-cyanogenmod-7-1-android-gingerbread-2-3-on-lg-optimus-one-p500/

finally regarding the dropbox link,it's another recovery since CWM is too buggy amonra recovery will work flawlessly.

Thx buddy, actually I thought to wait till the stable release of CM. Is it necessary to flash after installation of the ROMs ?Can u suggest me some ROMs and installation steps..I believe the steps are almost similar for all the roms...BTW, the dropbox link is not working .What is that ?

here's the working link for recovery

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15955846/And...y_ThunderG.zip

Battery drain is the main issue in cm7 but new franco kernel gonna solve that,I get about 14 hrs including games,music,wifi,tapatalk,no prob in gsm/gprs since the official cm7/cm9 supports new baseband use the new baseband.
Howz the battery drain on an avg. ? There is no problem in GSM/GPRS connection, right ?

Ok...am dwnlding the latest version of CM7 on the mirror...ie. some 34. I don't hav any idea abt the kernel thing..is there any guide to install kernal ?

the dropbox link is still not working...

Kernel is in zip just need to flash like rom but don't flash any kernel now,flash cm7, you can later flash kernel once franco release his kernel for official cm7, don't worry about that dropbox link its just a recovery, enjoy cm7

Kernel is in zip just need to flash like rom but don't flash any kernel now,flash cm7, you can later flash kernel once franco release his kernel for official cm7, don't worry about that dropbox link its just a recovery, enjoy cm7

Installed Cyanogenmod jst nw!!!!!!Thx for all your help!!!!!

In the notification, the data enable/disable button is missing...Now, what good things can be done?

Do I need to install recovery again? Bcoz,when I was trying to use rom manager, it was telling to install recovery.This is where amonra comes into picture,na ? I need to install amonra which u were trying to provide via dropbox,right ?

If data button not showing is the issue then go to Settings> CM settings> Interface> Notification Power Widget> Widget button and choose for mobile data

but,when I disable mobiledata there is no network ..how to just enable/disable gprs from the notification bar?

Battery drain is the main issue in cm7 but new franco kernel gonna solve that,I get about 14 hrs including games,music,wifi,tapatalk,no prob in gsm/gprs since the official cm7/cm9 supports new baseband use the new baseband.

How are u getting 14 hrs backup? am getting a mere 6 hrs!!!! that too only GPRS and a little music....

And another weird thing, Airtel's signal drops sometimes(that has nothing to do with CM) whenever the signal drops a song will play and not able to stop it as the widget is showing some other song !!!!

Also, the same music is playing whenever am receiving a call ..I am not able to set ringtone..Are these known bugs ?

Yes that the Amonra recovery,just flash like any other zip file

Do I need to install recovery again? Bcoz,when I was trying to use rom manager, it was telling to install recovery.This is where amonra comes into picture,na ? I need to install amonra which u were trying to provide via dropbox,right ?

Signal droping issue may be related to new baseband as reported by many,on the contrary i found good call quality in new baseband,6hrs is way too less,check whats have been eating your battery,then figure it out,not clear about music when signal drops,use player pro for audio,don't try to flash any kernel now,because i flashed Roq kernel then fcked the recovery ,now back to stock,in dilemma whether to flash cm7 or to try cm9,

but,when I disable mobiledata there is no network ..how to just enable/disable gprs from the notification bar?

How are u getting 14 hrs backup? am getting a mere 6 hrs!!!! that too only GPRS and a little music....

And another weird thing, Airtel's signal drops sometimes(that has nothing to do with CM) whenever the signal drops a song will play and not able to stop it as the widget is showing some other song !!!!

Also, the same music is playing whenever am receiving a call ..I am not able to set ringtone..Are these known bugs ?

If you are using within cm7 no need to do from scratch,if cm9 then yes

thx buddy..I can't set any ringtone
<

Well, not normal, you can try it out...

And about stock camera app, no, don't even think of doing that
<

Why ? Isn't that compatible or will it harm the phone ?

I justcame across a ROM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1408952

Is it necessary to factory reset if we are installing a new ROM ?

If I take the backup of the current ROm (CM 7.2), after installing the above ROM,can I jst restore it going to recovery without doing the factory reset and all ?

Nope, it won't harm our phone, it's compatible for our phone and that's why it's there on our section.

You can, always take backup of current ROM and flash new ROM / backup ROM from recovery.

While flashing New ROM / Backup ROM don't forget to wipe cache, dalvik cache etc.

Forget about the factory reset.

Back