LG P500 Discussion Thread

I was planning to install a new ROM and I was trying to partition my 8gbsd card using recovery and pulled out the battery in the middle as i thought it was stuck as it took reallly long time.Now

the card shows 0 bytes is there any way to recover it?

P.S:i tried HP USB Format.

@messi internal memory is about 155 mb but you can always partition your micro sd. (PS I am yet to to it). Which is the most important reason for rooting as except memory stock romantic was OK for me

yes. ...that can be done ...I partitioned sd card and allotted some 512mb. but that thing is not showing in links2sd. but am able to move apps to sd. are these apps going to sd or that partition? in links2sd, it is asking for ext2,ext4 etc. I don't know which is mine. I did the partition using CWM.

@messi4lyf No those apps you are moving, are not getting in to that 2nd partition you created. Those apps are moving to SD Card.

In Link2SD you need to select partition type. What I mean is you just created a partition, but didn't assigned it's File System. Select ext4, it's the latest and best till now. If ext4 doesn't works, select ext3. If that too doesn't works go on with fat32.

Well for me ext4 didn't worked first time, it said my phone doesn't support ext4 but after rebooting ext4 worked successfully. So you can try rebooting if ext4 doesn't works for you first time.

@messi4lyf No those apps you are moving, are not getting in to that 2nd partition you created. Those apps are moving to SD Card.

In Link2SD you need to select partition type. What I mean is you just created a partition, but didn't assigned it's File System. Select ext4, it's the latest and best till now. If ext4 doesn't works, select ext3. If that too doesn't works go on with fat32.

Well for me ext4 didn't worked first time, it said my phone doesn't support ext4 but after rebooting ext4 worked successfully. So you can try rebooting if ext4 doesn't works for you first time.

thanks bud. ..I was able to create ext4 partition now. earlier it was showing some mounting error.

I rebooted and its there ext4.used only 2%

now, what is the use of this ?what we can do with this second partition?

TIA

Well now go to Link2SD and select all application and link all of them. In this way your apps will move to that 2nd partition and you'll end up getting more space in your phone memory this allowing you to install more apps.

Well now go to Link2SD and select all application and link all of them. In this way your apps will move to that 2nd partition and you'll end up getting more space in your phone memory this allowing you to install more apps.

well,what is the advantage in doing so ? isn't this same as moving to sd card?

*edit*

found the advantage. ...got an extra 30mb in internal memory

thanks

No the advantage is much more..!! Yeah, in that default case odex files, lib files etc. doesn't gets moved. Also you can't move widgets otherwise they won't startup normally.

But in case of A2SD or L2SD Android mounts that 2nd partition at boot time so you can even move widgets and all
<

Move everything to that 2nd partition and you can install 100s of apps without any problem. Just link all the 3 things to SD Card.

I am cursing myself
<
for flashing CM9 as camera and video recorder not working , and on top of that my phone freezes everyday 2-3 times and I have to remove battery and reboot . Stock Rom was 10 times better as it did not freeze

guys do you know any good hd games working on o1?

Is anyone of you still facing dust issue?

I have got my phone serviced thrice but I am still facing the issue. Those service centre fools have not done anything apart from cleaning and last time they changed the face plate but still after a month I can see specks of dust under the screen. My warranty is also now over.

Is anyone of you still facing dust issue?

I have got my phone serviced thrice but I am still facing the issue. Those service centre fools have not done anything apart from cleaning and last time they changed the face plate but still after a month I can see specks of dust under the screen. My warranty is also now over.

exact same state.. cleaned thrice, changed face plate and warranty over, still have the dust problem.

I guess the only way to get rid of the dust problem is to sell the mobile
<

No dude,it will protect the phone from damage ,dropped my o1 many times but still no damage due to that silicon case,but you can't use outdoors looks little ugly and taking out of pocket was a pita.

I have been using amzer silicone case since long but it's of not use

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

No dude,it will protect the phone from damage ,dropped my o1 many times but still no damage due to that silicon case,but you can't use outdoors looks little ugly and taking out of pocket was a pita.

yes it protects the phone from damage but not from dust which I meant to say in the above post

And I use the case outside also and i feel that it improves the looks rather than the cheapo bundled lg pouch

Yes, becasue you can't send SMS to a person, whose phone number is present.

You need to have his/her phone number to send SMS. Otherwise he/she must have made her phone number public in facebook, so that facebook can sync his/her number.

Either way you need to have his/her number.

Yes, becasue you can't send SMS to a person, whose phone number is present.

You need to have his/her phone number to send SMS. Otherwise he/she must have made her phone number public in facebook, so that facebook can sync his/her number.

Either way you need to have his/her number.

I think there is some confusion
<

The scenario is, I have phone numbers of my fb friends in contacts. (After syncing fb ) .these numbers will be available only in stock sms app . In go sms it won't appear. I think we are clear now.

Back