Linkin Park?

arudit said:
aargh! i dunno from where do you guys get to denounce something as great as Linkin Park :!

The Mettalica and The Pink Floyd stuff have nothing but mindless guitaring and some utterly stupid lines to go with. They make no fun to listen to, it never gets into your mind. It washes all of it away.

Now, Linkin Park , they make it much more fun. Something like which may never go away from your miind. The music they produce is brilliant. Its different from others. They are closer to life than Mettalica and all stuff.

Alternative Rock rules now!

LINKIN PARK RULES!!!

I hope u said all that sarcastically... else a nuke will drop on ur house shortly :bleh:

all are infidels :chair:

LP is not a bunch of kids. Limp bizkit would fall in that category. fk this fk mom fk dad types. LP is ~difrAnt~. people here have not understood LP :hap5: their spirit. They give the kind of music one can relate to. give an ear to them first.

aElien said:
all are infidels :chair:

LP is not a bunch of kids. Limp bizkit would fall in that category. fk this fk mom fk dad types. LP is ~difrAnt~. people here have not understood LP :hap5: their spirit. They give the kind of music one can relate to. give an ear to them first.
Well dunno abt others... i really don't care if i can relate to the music i'm listening to. Much of the stuff i listen to is instrumental with zilch vocals or lyrics. Hell some of is even in languages I'm alien to. I know a bit of music theory and well technically, LP is pretty mediocre. If u really wanna listen to good instrumentation, check out the prog rock bands of yesteryear(king diamond, yes, rush, pink floyd) and the contemporary prog metal bands(DT, Symphony X, Opeth, Children of Bodom, Therion et al), good power metal bands(Nightwish, Stratovarius, Rhapsody et al), jazz musicians such as Dizzy Gillespie, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Acoustic Alchemy, Ella Fitzgerald..., solo instrumentalists like Vai, Malmsteen, Satriani, Eric Johnson. Or else you don't even need to go to western music, we have equally talented musicians in Pt Ravi Shankar, Hari Prasad Chaurasia, Yesudas, Vijay Raghav Rao, contemporaries like Mukta, Prasanna and Ganesh Kumaresh plus tonnes more which will take pages to list..... If u want good lyrics, look no further than pearl jam... i've spent days reflecting on some of their lyrics(esp the song called Tremor Christ) and still can find something interesting everytime i listen to them. Well what I just listed is the tip of the iceberg... you need to explore yourself. ppl just need to wake up from the MTV processed $hit thats fed to them and look beyond. LP is simply machine processed $hit IMHO.

I basically don't care for anything Chaos said. I listen to a song on recommendation of a friend or amybe on TV and if I like it, I like it. I have no fixed criteria.

I voted for yes, because used to like them previously. But lately its just Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, REM, and Creed. PPl who havent listned to Led Zepplin should listen once, some brilliant music.

I voted for yes, because used to like them previously. But lately its just Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, REM, and Creed. PPl who havent listned to Led Zepplin should listen once, some brilliant music.

Am too listening to the same... rox!!! :eek:hyeah:

^^All the classic rock bands of 70s and 80s era are amazing. These bands were good and also gained popular appeal which is why i admire them even more. This so unlike the bubblegum pop explosion we're witnessing ever since the late nineties :p

Pearl Jam had good lyrics. I feel Floyd has awesome lyrics -

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it’s sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in the relative way, but you’re older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

However, I feel that indian music has the best lyrics of all. Even our bollywood tracks hae awesome lyrics - one can just connect to the meaning of the songs. Especially when it comes to romantic songs. I find only a handful of english love songs have lyrics which reach out and grab my soul. Javed akhtar, on the other hand, does that with almost every other song.

Aces170 said:
I voted for yes, because used to like them previously. But lately its just Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, REM, and Creed . PPl who havent listned to Led Zepplin should listen once, some brilliant music.
yeah too bad CREED is no more. I absolutely love their songs, though not all.

Well, I love LP to the core, though i hv been listenin 2 dem for a long time, i do lyk Metallica n Iron Maiden, n many othr rock bands, I own the Dvd Live At Texas, so i started 2 lyk dem even more

Back