Audio Logitech Z5500 or Edifier S550/750?

Z906 is underpowered crap with shitloads of connectivity options half of us will never use.
I second this very strongly.
I recently bought the Logitech Z906 and they have very good reviews for gaming. My usage is somewhat similar to your.
Gaming + movies 70% STB + Music 30% The Z5500 can never die but its officially discontinued by Logitech. Both z906 and Z5500 have 2yrs warranty and you will find their service centers in almost every district city. Edifer... Very few service centers. But thats not the issue. S550 do not have any digital (optical/coaxial) inputs.
Where as the Z906 has 2optical, 1 coaxial. Total 6 inputs. Wins handover to S550. I stay in a rented place so thumpy sound and loud 'Noise' is also not an option for me. I have experienced that Z906 perform very well at low sounds also. IMO try the Z906. I was skeptical when I read Z906 online reviews. It was mixed bag. Specially owners of Z5500 did not like it as compared to their mighty Z5500 :) but still I auditioned it at a friend's place for few days. He had both the Zs. And decided to go for Z906.

Z906 is underpowered crap with shitloads of connectivity options half of us will never use.
Could be your opinion.... But most of the dealers I spoke too just asked me to stay away from edifier if I am spending that much on speakers....
Also I dont know why you feel its "CRAP" their sales don't reflect so...
And the 'shitloads of connectivity' deliver the awesome quality. It gives you VFM.
I have a LED TV connected via Optical. Planning to buy Apple TV or WD Live media player which will have Optical out put and my Dell XPS has SPDIF which I am trying to find a proper cable to connect.
So as you see There are ppl who would never use the 'CRAPPY' analog inputs once you have got the taste of the digital quality...
Again to each his own.... Its just a matter of opinion.... But it would not be such a hit if it was literally 'CRAP'
Not to mention that its THX Certified.. which the S550 is not.... THX would not certify any jack and jill speakers right...

The audio gurus will tell you that speakers being digi don't make it super. The whole package matters. If someone needs connectivity plethora they should be looking for HTIB with a dedicated AVR :p. You are listening to dealers = they say anything to sell their shiz. If you know someone who has a S550 go ahead and make a direct head-on comparison using same media :)
Could be your opinion.... But most of the dealers I spoke too just asked me to stay away from edifier if I am spending that much on speakers....
Also I dont know why you feel its "CRAP" their sales don't reflect so...
And the 'shitloads of connectivity' deliver the awesome quality. It gives you VFM.
I have a LED TV connected via Optical. Planning to buy Apple TV or WD Live media player which will have Optical out put and my Dell XPS has SPDIF which I am trying to find a proper cable to connect.
So as you see There are ppl who would never use the 'CRAPPY' analog inputs once you have got the taste of the digital quality...
Again to each his own.... Its just a matter of opinion.... But it would not be such a hit if it was literally 'CRAP'
Not to mention that its THX Certified.. which the S550 is not.... THX would not certify any jack and jill speakers right...

I really don't get when people talk about connectivity. how many connectivity options does a user wants? Is connectivity really has huge hand over Sound quality when it comes to speaker? I think speaker's first job is to provide good sound quality and then anything else.

Let's talk about VFM thingy - I spend 15k on a speaker and it couldn't bring a smile on my face and on the other hand I spend 25k on a speaker and it brings a smile and a lot of happiness on my face so which one will be considered as a VFM product - The speaker which couldn't bring a smile on a face or the speaker which bring a smile on my face and give me so much happiness and I say that yes this is a quality sound?

The sound we hear is in the analogue form, not in the digital form, The DAC used inside the Logitech Z5500-D and Z906 is nowhere close to the DAC used on the Xonar DX or Xonar D2X.

Its not ONLY the connectivity that matters but in comparision of Z906/Z5500 and S550 it gives advt to Z series.
Again budget does play an imp role. I am not saying that these are the best spkrs money can buy but again like guys here are complaining about the Z906 or Z5500 Its not bad at all. Its their view or their like of sound. If a person does not like bass it does not mean that he can say all spkrs with woofers are rubbish. That would be stupid.
Also the OP needs this to connect to LCD TV and Console. We are not talking abt high end sound cards here.
Also I have tried few models and only then made my choice... If someone feels S550 suits them better it can very well be but I can never agree that Z5500 or Z906 are crap... coz I am using one of them daily and I know the quality.... :)

@OP
I did a lot of reviews initially ...... even watched videos on youtube with both of them playing (i dont know if it really helps but S550 recorded video just blew me away) , the S550 certainly are total value for money , trust me you wont be dissapointed . My bad luck was it was not available locally anywhere and i did not want to source a speaker set from Online (coz of RMA issues etc) , so i bought a DA5000 Pro . Even z5500 was outta production and Z906 was just about launched so not available , i would rate S550 >> Z906 > DA5000 Pro .(this is from all the extensive review work i had read during my buying phase) . Connectivity is a issue if you need to connect it to a PS3 , Blu ray player etc .
I personally feel the speaker set matter more before the connectivity , i can settle for virtual surround sound from 5 speakers than exact 5.1 for most of time rather than a lower quality speaker set giving me accurate 5.1 but no good SQ. or Sound effects.

Back