Audio Logitech Z5500 or Edifier S550/750?

@manu ....? ...they dint assemble the center speaker correctly as per the requirement .....( as in movies its the most used speaker ) .....other then that its build quality is topnotch ....really. no cheap parts used and excellent service ( they don't repair ....they replace ....no questions asked )

and thx is just a certification system that ensures that the system meets the standards set to enjoy the movies just like the in theater ( aka theater experience)......but if you dwell in to it too much ...you are getting fooled here

@strategy

thats the point ! Build quality isnt topnotch ! Plastic for speakers ? cmon ! and u charging 17k for that,that aint justified........

its not the build quality its the housing structure used to house the drivers thats faulty ( the structure ) .....even if you make it from metal ( of same volume) that will be the same
whats the deal with plastic ?? polymers now a days are quite strong

polymers might be strong and shiny, but it reverberates. Its always been a big NO-NO where sound matters. Or there shouldve been unuf dampening stuffs in each satellite. Anyway, the plastics give a real great looks to the set :)

well yeah ...when its a matter of SQ ...wood is better (...but it must be strong so as to withstand the aging and the working conditions of the set)

yeah looks are great,m not saying z5500 is bad,but since its a s550 vs z5500 topic i want the TC to have a look at s550 too,believe me its looks are more luxurious and better :)

Tried to audition it last week, but it wasn't available at e-zone or profx in bangalore. I guess my only option is a logitech store or SP road. No way I can audition stuff at SP road.

If anyone knows some shop there can they call one and see if they have the Edifier S550d? Also the costs of that and the logitech:huh:

many members are from Bangalore here out of them quite a few have the Z5500 i think they can be generous enough to allow you for an audition , ask them.

@ Swift . Which even speaker u choose also think the After sales if ever needed for that product . How many after sales centre are there for Edifier and do more research on it .

For logitech u can be assured with 2 years warranty .

@ Swift . Which even speaker u choose also think the After sales if ever needed for that product . How many after sales centre are there for Edifier and do more research on it .
For logitech u can be assured with 2 years warranty .
I second this very strongly.
I recently bought the Logitech Z906 and they have very good reviews for gaming. My usage is somewhat similar to your.
Gaming + movies 70%
STB + Music 30%
The Z5500 can never die but its officially discontinued by Logitech. Both z906 and Z5500 have 2yrs warranty and you will find their service centers in almost every district city.
Edifer... Very few service centers. But thats not the issue. S550 do not have any digital (optical/coaxial) inputs.
Where as the Z906 has 2optical, 1 coaxial. Total 6 inputs. Wins handover to S550.
I stay in a rented place so thumpy sound and loud 'Noise' is also not an option for me. I have experienced that Z906 perform very well at low sounds also.
IMO try the Z906. I was skeptical when I read Z906 online reviews. It was mixed bag. Specially owners of Z5500 did not like it as compared to their mighty Z5500 :) but still I auditioned it at a friend's place for few days.
He had both the Zs. And decided to go for Z906.

^.. Yepp.. lack of service centres is a major hindrance not to forget they are not easily available as well especially the good ones. Edifier is more satisfied in selling entry level speakers but not the pricey ones which are really good...

Back