Budget 51-70k MacBook Air (M1) vs windows laptop

Not everyone is knows how to do that, not everyone understands all that jargon, many just need a simple computer for their day-to-day needs.
If you do thats great, "the number of ways the system can get infected" is just a plain dumb reason. Look at the use case and only then advice a person, stop having such a condescending tone.

For all you know the person could be from a non tech related background, and doesn't know anything at all its not one shoe that fits all scenario here.

1992, and 2021 you are taking in a 29 year difference, so you mean to say you're using the same PC from then? Kudos to you, and as for the insider build, there's a reason its called the insider build and not available to the public, its basically a beta version of the main software.

Not everyone does that, if you're the person whose installing all that then great, stop throwing ideas up in the air.
you have no clue what you are talking about.

looks like this was said in front of the mirror
Have you tried installing Ubuntu (or any Debian based distro), hell even Manjaro in the last 3-5 years? I've found them so much easier to install, run and troubleshoot, and snap is a godsend for people who just want an os, don't want to spend any additional time or want to give away privacy or ram.

Have you tried installing Ubuntu (or any Debian based distro), hell even Manjaro in the last 3-5 years? I've found them so much easier to install, run and troubleshoot, and snap is a godsend for people who just want an os, don't want to spend any additional time or want to give away privacy or ram.
Yes i did install Ubuntu on my nuc for dual booting. It is very very easy and I haven't faced any hassles. However I would not say it is easier to troubleshoot vs windows for non tech junta

Hello everyone
My cousin is looking for lightweight laptop. He never used any MacBook. He wants it for long term maybe 3-5 years. As he is thinking it as of one time investment. He is not accompanied with apple OS. His main purpose will be watching Study lectures and Videos. And fill forms for Jobs. And reading pdfs. And one more thing he will be downloading videos and PDF's from internet ( I don't know if Apple laptop allow that). So please suggest what he should go for. Please keep in mind that display must be good.
if budget allows, go for the m1 air. you get what you pay for. display, speakers, keyboard, performance, battery life, long term support, build quality are second to none by a huge huge huge margin. do not let the trolls convince you otherwise.

however if you have to stretch the budget to get an air i'd recommend going for any windows laptop in the preferred price range. deciding to pay for a nicer laptop is entirely upto you as any decent windows laptop would do everything you mentioned without a hiccup (not sure about battery life though).

i tried ubuntu 7 years back. How compatible are the Nvidia GTX series graphics cards with ubuntu out of the box these days? When I tried installing their driver, nvidia gave some pacakage And complex instructions to install and when I followed it, it ended in error and couldn’t resolve further.

i tried ubuntu 7 years back. How compatible are the Nvidia GTX series graphics cards with ubuntu out of the box these days? When I tried installing their driver, nvidia gave some pacakage And complex instructions to install and when I followed it, it ended in error and couldn’t resolve further.
Pretty damn easy now a days. I'd recommend Pop OS for one of the simplest installations, although really any half decent distro will support Nvidia GPUs out of the box. Just take care that some of them may ask you to choose between "open source" and "proprietary" drivers at first boor or installation, choose proprietary.
Personally, I've been using Manjaro with my 3060 laptop from the past 2-3 months without a hitch. Never had to worry about any drivers at all, everything was taken care of automatically during installation.

it was a problem with nvidia not open sourcing their firmware and linux people not allowing it in the mainline. these days linux kernel people have become less anal about it so ubuntu makes it seamless but debian will ask you to download the firmwares manually. if you have radeon, then there is no such problem. amd open sources their firmware.

Back