Maggi and the soup its in

If this continues then many overseas cos. will hesitate from entering indian food market due to govt.fear.
I think it's not too far that we will only be left with eating just daal chaval muli sabzi sort of stuff.
People all over are angry with govt. not for Maggie ban but other noodles cos. withdrawing themselves.

^^ If govt is really serious about enforcing food standards, There would not be a single restaurant or local street food vendor in India. Most of the locally made processed food products sold in the market would also need to be banned. You are at even more risk from the street food and restaurant food in India than these branded processed foods.

Bigger brands like Maggi, Knorr, Top ramens are now banned, but from the same super markets, you can get locally manufactured noodles with bundled masala packets, but with hardly anything of use mentioned on the labels like ingredients or calorific values.

As far as I am concerned, there is some personal benefit and similar motives for the people involved behind all this madness.

Yes as always our govt. is going greedy. So where the fπ€× are acchee din? Along with maggie they seem to have put all those acche dins into dust bins!

They don't care what aam janta wants but only care about there own ghanta!
Agreed maggie contained lead or soil but how many people died of it in past decades? Is there any estimation? NO.

Why other cos. withdrew there noodle prods. coz this very govt ll blackmail them and what not so they felt "better safe than sorry".

And who is bearing all the pain? Not govt and not those withdrewers but u, me and everywhere.

UK approved maggie so it means the people there are definitely not humans but aliens or animals as they can go easy on lead, zinc or xyz.

So next is ambuja for ban! Ambuja might mix all maggies in its cement to make it strong as it contains high lead levels.

The ultimate outcome- buildings will start collapsing in no time.

The cost of unpacking and segregating would be time consuming, tedious and more expensive and probably contaminate the plastic cake more while handling.

Awesome.
So now where are the people who claimed that there was excessive lead in maggi? Let them rot. Thanks. :mad:[DOUBLEPOST=1446636353][/DOUBLEPOST]
Btw, is there ANY instant noodle worth purchasing?
I'm making it do with WaiWai. Unlike maggi, WaiWai needs extra supplement to make it taste good imo. So i usually fry it. Some people also munch it without cooking.

WAI WAI is the king of the ring.

Maggi is getting picked up like crazy in every outlet and i am sure it is sold out as the shopkeeper told me only one box had arrived. Now all i hope is that the other lesser known brands have been able to get some customers.

Still not sure if Maggi actually had the excessive amount of lead or not.

Just day before yesterday a guy bought 12 packets from local grocers shop. Seems since the ban people were really pissed odd trying other brands and got bored.
Basic and original noodles are back now.
M sure even iPhone loot would had got a run from maggie loot.

Now all i hope is that the other lesser known brands have been able to get some customers.
Had JoyMe (by INBISCO) noodles for the second time. Its delicious. Its also advertized on tv nowadays.
10 bucks for a Masala packet. I don't know if there is any in Chicken. Now i'm going to eat this one even when Maggi comes back on stock. :D Give
it a try.
And oh there are also two FSSAI logos with license nos. printed on the back lol. :p

Last edited:
Back