Maggi and the soup its in

Imb4 long posts.[DOUBLEPOST=1434035398][/DOUBLEPOST]I agree with the points being said here. Not trying to defend Nestle but we are creating a mountain out of a molehill. While i do care about my health this is getting ridiculous.
scroll.in/article/733305/maggi-controversy-if-msg-is-unhealthy-why-doesnt-everyone-in-china-have-a-headache
tune in next week for another overhyped-india-media drama :p[DOUBLEPOST=1434035603][/DOUBLEPOST]I agree with the points being said here. Not trying to defend Nestle but we are creating a mountain out of a molehill. While i do care about my health this is getting ridiculous.
scroll.in/article/733305/maggi-controversy-if-msg-is-unhealthy-why-doesnt-everyone-in-china-have-a-headache
tune in next week for another overhyped-india-media drama :p

Last edited:
What gets lost in these debates is that Maggi, even without lead or MSG, is not 'food'. A prominent American food writer aptly called them 'Edible food like substances', best avoided by anyone who cares about his body.

Last edited:
^I think the dept got a serious official who is trying to bring a change... wait till he is transferred or fired.

Starbucks LOL what is that? For a while it sounded like our country is a first class nation. Sorry patriots. :p

Just had Maggi 2 days ago. My local shop has plenty of stock left and expiry date is Jan 2016. Guess I can enjoy it for a few months more.

Ching's and even yeppie noodles are gone here.
What the hell is wrong now with them?

Not thinking of buying reliance local noodles as that will be the last resort.

yippee will be back soon... it's just that they need to remove the unnecessary label: "No added MSG" :p

yippee magic masala tastes so much better than regular maggi that i used to think it contained tons of MSG.

I am not a Maggi worshipper. I have visited few of Nestle plants in North India. Believe me they are one of the most clean plants I have ever visited. If they can do something like this then god save us from others. If you compare them with other plants, Nestle plants are far better in cleanliness and upkeep. If you see how Cadbury makes the chocolates - I bet you will never eat chocolates in your life.

I am not a Maggi worshipper. I have visited few of Nestle plants in North India. Believe me they are one of the most clean plants I have ever visited. If they can do something like this then god save us from others. If you compare them with other plants, Nestle plants are far better in cleanliness and upkeep. If you see how Cadbury makes the chocolates - I bet you will never eat chocolates in your life.
Agree but the current fiasco is mostly about the presence of lead in Maggi. Dont think cleanliness was the reason for the action.
And just like Yippie even Maggi can getaway with the extra MSG confusion by removing the "No Added MSG" label. Even their global head had confirmed this in their Indian PC.

Have a feeling that Nestle case is a political game India is playing after Govt. lost WTO case against USA.
India has lost a case as World Trade Organisation (WTO) ruled that the Indian ban on import of poultry meat, eggs and live pigs from the U.S. was “inconsistent” with the international norms.

And there is nefarious TPP pact coming up.

All this hoopla started in the same period. May be there is a bigger political game which we sheeples are not aware?

Nestle is a swiss company afaik,
True. Origin and HQ both in Swiss.

doesn't have anything to do with the US.
Major player in US for milk byproducts.

Though if India wanted to tit for tat US then there was no point going after Nestle. Anyways US sales wont be affected by Indian laws. The consumers there will rely on US FDA. (Which is said to be more corrupt than Indian FDA) :D

Back