McLaren show off new MP4-21 livery

Dunno why most threads move into a Ferrari vs Mclaren discussion. After last year, isnt it clear who rules ? ;)
The chrome on the new Mclaren rocks.. The red adds more colour.. Makes it look more agressive.. However, I miss more of black though. I personally thought it gave the car more class.
The design team at the Mclaren camp is great though.. Another year and Mclaren is the best looking car on the circuits !!

one thing for sure...nobody can beat the silver (chrome?) arrows for looks.
their ideas and innovations rules for one...their cars will rule the F1 tracks this season. :D

An early alpha version is already out for GP4.
This is just 2-3 days worth of work, the chrome and livery will be perfected in later versions. The shape itself looks damn close already.

Not bad for a 4 year old game. Hope Sony doesn't renew that lame exclusive till 2007 FIA F1 license, we need an F1 sim that doesn't suck.

mp42119resize2aj.jpg

56048.jpg

@saumil
where do u get these mods frm? link plz.
all of a sudden i feel like playing GP4 again. :D

btw, a bad news for mclaren fans (including myself) :(
A senior representative of the McLaren-Mercedes team has admitted that the new 'MP4-21' racer is not ready to dominate grands prix in 2006. Even with the newly revised V8 engine now up and running, Mercedes' competitor director Norbert Haug said progress at the silver team is currently lagging.

warning signs?
McLaren-Mercedes' troubled winter took a turn for the better today at Valencia as Kimi Raikkonen not only set the fastest time recorded at the Spanish track by a V8 engined Formula one car (1:09.987s), but also completed in excess of 80 laps running with no major problems.

no major problems.

:p What does THAT mean?? does it mean that only a gasket blew instead of the cylinder?? Or maybe a piston melted instead of the whole engine :p

It is these small things that are the line between winners and runners up. :p

But yeah..... TBH, this is a good sign for all you McLaren fans :p

yeah...but u can expect a few "minor" probs during testing period.
but to beat the track record with a V8 (supposedly slower) takes some doing. ;)

yeah..realised that but as things stand now, mercedes V8s are slower than atleast ferrari, renault and honda. thats a fantsatic achievement and it gives me more confidence as a mclaren supporter for the upcoming season. :D

Barcelona Update:

A busy day at Barcelona today saw Kimi Raikkonen blast the McLaren-Mercedes MP4-21 into top spot. Raikkonens time of 1:15.223 was quicker than last years fastest race lap.

McLaren look to be getting to grips with the reliability problems that have hindered them this winter. Mclaren drivers completed over 180 laps with no major problems. :rofl:

PS: According to reports, Ferrari having some technical problems with their new car. :p

Well quickie....

You are waiting for me to reply... Well, nothing more to add :p Let us wait till 13th March :p

PS: Race is on 12th march. We will start the debate on 13th march even though there wont be anything to debate. Ferrari will win!! :p

The way I am talking, I rather not show my face on TE if Ferrari lose

Nikhil said:
You are waiting for me to reply
well..yes kinda! u and me are the only ones active in this thread
a build up to next mclaren v ferrari ;)

as things stand now...renault and honda v8 are the most reliable; both ferrari and mercedes v8 having technical probs but both are capable of turning things on their head within no time. so its gonna be one exciting season of f1 ahead. :D

oh no...3 vs 1..not fair...i need more mclaren fans for backup
calling for reinforcement...

but then, a single mclaren fan is enuf for 100 ferrari fanbois :bleh:

Back