Budget 10-15K Mi 11x vs Poco X3 Pro or sth else for less than ₹17k.

xkcd0137

Adept
Hey all, I have a 3 year old Poco F1 and it urgently needs a battery change. From my past experience, repairing a phone has never given desired results so I am a bit apprehensive to do the same.

Hence, I am looking to buy a new phone having Snapdragon SoC coz Lineage OS is a must for me and Dimensity SoC doesn't have any custom rom support. I have shortlisted following options -

Mi 11x: ₹28k - ₹9k exchange poco f1 - ₹1.75k 10% hdfc discount = ₹17.35k approx

+ Amoled display
+ Better build quality
+ Faster and efficient processor
+ Better battery life
+ Lighter and slimmer
+ Better cameras? (I don't click many photos though)
+ Convenient exchange on Amazon (i can even exchange a cracked Note 5 Pro for ₹8050 after getting it repaired for 1000 bucks maybe)

- no sd card (I can forego this requirement ig)
- no headphone jack (but not an issue as I have switched to bluetooth headphones since Tin T2's cable died)

Poco X3 Pro: ₹19000 - ₹8500 sell poco f1 -₹1750 icici discount = ₹8750

+ Cheaper
+ Sd card

- very heavy
- thicker
- too big to handle
- lcd display
- lesser battery backup than 11X
- sell phone myself

I am preferring Mi 11X atm after watching TechTablet's comparison video linked below. Another thing is that X3 Pro seems like an evolution of Poco F1 in every aspect, but doesn't wow in any way.

So is 11X the best option in my budget atm? Kindly suggest some other smartphone if I have missed by chance. Thanks.

Last edited:
Coming from using cyanogen and lineage os official builds for some of my past phones , they were never perfect , battery ... camera .. sound ... frequent reset issues ... always switched back to stock roms .
Lineage os Not advisable as a daily driver , only for a secondary phone with frequent down time for rom updates.

Lineage os Not advisable as a daily driver , only for a secondary phone with frequent down time for rom updates.
I have been rocking LOS on my F1 and on OnePlus X before that and both were my primary phone for many years. I am pretty satisfied atm.

The mantra is to stick with the build you find to be most stable and update only after checking comments on xda.

You are wrong there my friend, I am on custom rom on poco f1 for past 2+ year and never seem a single problem.

Rooting let's me make stream Netflix HD is worth the trade alone. Everything working, every banking app out there is wokring for me.

Custom rom is hassle for less popular phone but there's good activity for poco f1 on XDA.

Update: Thank you all for your inputs.

Before ordering a new phone, I thought I'd try upgrading to Lineage OS 18.1 and voila.. the battery life seems to have improved. Final observation will take atleast a week but I am satisfied for now. UI is buttery smooth and LOS never fails to amaze me.

I eventually opened the phone and cleaned the area around speaker and I never knew they were LOUD!! Speakers sound better than when the phone was new. :D

Earpiece speaker didn't show as much improvement and I also broke a tiny bit from the bottom frame. Will get these replaced an year down the line if required.

Hence, I got a new phone without buying one. So next purchase will have to wait atleast till Diwali. Thanks again.

If you want to try you can go for a simple battery replacement from authorized service center. It is worth trying even if there is some probability of getting a bad battery . It will cost you a maximum of 1 to 2k which in my book is worth a try before spending 10-15 times that amount.

When I got my battery replacement done from mi center, mine actually worked like new. I had exchanged that phone after 18 months post replacement and it worked fine till that point

Please don't get it done by any local vendor at any cost irrespective of how trusted they are. Probability of a good battery goes way down

Update on battery life: I am mighty impressed and loving LOS 18.1. Charging still takes 2+ hours though. Battery health is at 70%

Screenshot_20210804-132402_AccuBattery~2.png

Screenshot_20210804-132453_AccuBattery~2.png

Screenshot_20210804-132453_AccuBattery~3.png

Screenshot_20210804-132514_AccuBattery~2.png

Screenshot_20210804-132528_AccuBattery~2.png

Update on battery life: I am mighty impressed and loving LOS 18.1. Charging still takes 2+ hours though. Battery health is at 70%

View attachment 110869

View attachment 110873

View attachment 110871

View attachment 110870

View attachment 110872
This is great! All this from only lineage os?

If you don't mind will you be able to share what was the battery backup before?

I'm asking as I recently got a new poco f1 and would like to manage expectations regarding battery life and general performance.

This is great! All this from only lineage os?

If you don't mind will you be able to share what was the battery backup before?
I checked but I don't have any screenshots with LOS 17, sorry.

From what I observed LOS 18.1 is lasting me full day i.e. 12+ hours as you can see in the first pic too whereas with LOS 17 I had to recharge the phone after around 8 hours. Though 17 was an improvement over MIUI which had few stutters here and there as well.

Have also been looking for a LOS-supported phone and zeroed in on the Mi 11x, primarily because of the large AMOLED display (besides the LOS support). I see that this thread is already several weeks old, and the 11x is presently listed at 30K on Amazon. Feel that it is no longer a worthy buy at this price.

Should I wait for better pricing? Are there similar models (or upcoming ones) that I should consider? Seeking something in the 20~25K price range. Thank you.

Should I wait for better pricing? Are there similar models (or upcoming ones) that I should consider? Seeking something in the 20~25K price range. Thank you.
Though my Poco F1 is working almost flawlessly, I am still planning to upgrade to 11x during Diwali sale.
Price of 11x usually drops till 26k, so I expect it to drop further during Diwali. Also, you can further reduce the price by around 10k if you have any spare phone to exchange.

All looks good on 11x. My only qalm is that battery capacity. I mean at 4520mah, you could end up running out of juice pretty quickly. It would depend a lot on how well optimised Miui is wrt battery. Top it up with 120hz, 5G means pushing it even further.

I mean people on LOS-based rom with similar battery could chip in more with their experience.

I mean people on LOS-based rom with similar battery could chip in more with their experience.
I am getting 7 hrs SOT on my F1 with 70% health of the 4000mah battery on LOS 18.1, and I am a heavy user but I don't game on phone. 4500mah will be hell of an upgrade for me. [Edit: With mixed usage, phone lasts 20hrs with similar SOT]

OTOH, I am concerned about the camera. My F1 clicks really good pics with Gcam. Frankly, it outputs almost pixel-like color-popping pics. Afaik, 11x shares the cam with Note 10 Pro, which my sis has and its camera is TRASH for some reason and pics lack detail.

Last edited:
... Price of 11x usually drops till 26k, so I expect it to drop further during Diwali. Also, you can further reduce the price by around 10k if you have any spare phone to exchange.
... OTOH, I am concerned about the camera. ...
Don't mind waiting, but a poor camera just won't do. Anyone else with thoughts on the camera?

All looks good on 11x. My only qalm is that battery capacity. I mean at 4520mah, you could end up running out of juice pretty quickly. It would depend a lot on how well optimised Miui is wrt battery. Top it up with 120hz, 5G means pushing it even further. ...
My typical usage should be quite mild - no gaming or social media. So I should be fine with the battery.

BTW, not too keen on 5G or 120Hz either. Looking for something solid and long-lasting though, since I upgrade phones once every 4~5 years. Are there any other decent AMOLED alternatives worth considering?

Are there any other decent AMOLED alternatives worth considering?
Pixel 4a can be one. Both 11x and 4a should be priced similarly during sales. Right now, both sell at ~30k.
Maybe there could be some more phones launched with amoled. There's still 3 months more to go.
I am getting 7 hrs SOT on my F1 with 70% health of the 4000mah battery on LOS 18.
That's a pretty good SoT. I forgot that Los 18(A11) has done a really good job with battery optimisation so anyone with low battery capacity can get max output from his battery.

Last edited:
Moto Edge 20 offers SD778G for 30k whereas Mi 11x is offering SD870 for same price.
Edge 20 Fusion offers Dimensity 800u for 21.5k which is okay imo but not for those looking for custom ROM support.

Imho, Lenovo is just trying to milk unaware customer's with Motorola's erstwhile image and/or a stock android experience and charges premium but doesn't offer much to differentiate.

Otoh, even if I got a Motorola phone, I'd skip the stockOS and flash a custom ROM as afterall Lenovo has close ties with CCCP and their OS is not sth I can rely on.

Back