Budget 10-15K Mi 11x vs Poco X3 Pro or sth else for less than ₹17k.

xkcd0137

Adept
Hey all, I have a 3 year old Poco F1 and it urgently needs a battery change. From my past experience, repairing a phone has never given desired results so I am a bit apprehensive to do the same.

Hence, I am looking to buy a new phone having Snapdragon SoC coz Lineage OS is a must for me and Dimensity SoC doesn't have any custom rom support. I have shortlisted following options -

Mi 11x: ₹28k - ₹9k exchange poco f1 - ₹1.75k 10% hdfc discount = ₹17.35k approx

+ Amoled display
+ Better build quality
+ Faster and efficient processor
+ Better battery life
+ Lighter and slimmer
+ Better cameras? (I don't click many photos though)
+ Convenient exchange on Amazon (i can even exchange a cracked Note 5 Pro for ₹8050 after getting it repaired for 1000 bucks maybe)

- no sd card (I can forego this requirement ig)
- no headphone jack (but not an issue as I have switched to bluetooth headphones since Tin T2's cable died)

Poco X3 Pro: ₹19000 - ₹8500 sell poco f1 -₹1750 icici discount = ₹8750

+ Cheaper
+ Sd card

- very heavy
- thicker
- too big to handle
- lcd display
- lesser battery backup than 11X
- sell phone myself

I am preferring Mi 11X atm after watching TechTablet's comparison video linked below. Another thing is that X3 Pro seems like an evolution of Poco F1 in every aspect, but doesn't wow in any way.

So is 11X the best option in my budget atm? Kindly suggest some other smartphone if I have missed by chance. Thanks.

Last edited:
Bought the Mi 11x while exchanging with Redmi Note 4 which was lying around unused. Got a good exchange rate of Rs.7200/- and effectively got the 11x for around 20.5K.
It is supposed to drop to 21k with hdfc cc discount in this sale.

What was the condition of the Note 4 that you exchanged? Was it scratch/dent free?

It is supposed to drop to 21k with hdfc cc discount in this sale.

What was the condition of the Note 4 that you exchanged? Was it scratch/dent free?
There was a very small dent at back of the phone and the screen was scratchless as it had a tempered glass installed from the beginning. The pickup guy checked only if there were any severe scratches on the screen or if the phone is disfigured in any way. He wasn't much bothered about the small dent at the back.

I did use the tpu case for my poco X3 for a month. Then went on to get smoky cases. While they are good when it comes to durability and protection, it was heavier in my case(poco was already 224 gm's, with case it must have crossed 240gm).
They also got some stylish colour buttons like red, green, fluorescent. It costs somewhere around 200. So give it a look if you into those things. Besides 11x is pretty light so the final weight won't be that much.

Last edited:
@Party Monger - I am planning to buy this phone as stop gap measure for a year. Knowing some of your experience would help.
1) Do you find the lack of proximity sensor too annoying in day to day use?
2) Have you tried other custom roms, are any stable and a good replacement for MIUI?
3) How would you rate the battery life ? (Family members use Redmi Note 10 Pro and the battery life on it is very good).

@xkcd0137 - How is your experience with the new phone?

Ah ok, I thought you'd received the shipment.
This sounds like a good value device, but the battery life and proximity sensor are holding me back.
I don't think battery should be too much concern unlike the Proximity sensor. Regarding the latter, my sis hasn't reported any serious issue till now considering note 10 pro is also supposed to have same issue so I am just expecting for the best. If there is an issue, I'll get it replaced.

Screenshot_20211006-005659_Brave~2.png

@Kaleen Bhaiya @Party Monger

Screenshot_2021-10-16-17-27-59-396_com.digibites.accubattery~2.jpg

I am loving the display and speakers BUT battery drains a bit faster on speakers at full volume (obviously). I got around 5 hours SOT with speakers.

I have two queries - I have charged the phone 3 times but its showing 87% battery health in Accubattery.
Second, does it show HDR content in Amazon Prime? Do I have to change some setting? It is showing just HD at the bottom left for me.

Last edited:
How long have you been using accubattery? You will need to use it atleast for a week to get a nearby accurate reading. Also are you limiting to 80% charge? If that's the case, you will need to recharge upto 100% atleast 4-5 times before the actual battery capacity gets registered.
Check mine... I had done full recharge for the entire last month since I was out of my house. It has come from 92% to 97%.
Screenshot_2021-10-16-21-41-21-645_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg

Also, I recall both @nRiTeCh and @rdst_1 mentioning that Accubattery ain't that accurate when it comes to reading..

Yeah. Accubattery stats won't be accurate for battery health figures if you don't charge to 100% regularly. I only charge till 80% mostly and it always shows battery health around 92-93% but if I charge to 100% even for a week, health increases to 96-97%.

Back