Budget 10-15K Mi 11x vs Poco X3 Pro or sth else for less than ₹17k.

xkcd0137

Adept
Hey all, I have a 3 year old Poco F1 and it urgently needs a battery change. From my past experience, repairing a phone has never given desired results so I am a bit apprehensive to do the same.

Hence, I am looking to buy a new phone having Snapdragon SoC coz Lineage OS is a must for me and Dimensity SoC doesn't have any custom rom support. I have shortlisted following options -

Mi 11x: ₹28k - ₹9k exchange poco f1 - ₹1.75k 10% hdfc discount = ₹17.35k approx

+ Amoled display
+ Better build quality
+ Faster and efficient processor
+ Better battery life
+ Lighter and slimmer
+ Better cameras? (I don't click many photos though)
+ Convenient exchange on Amazon (i can even exchange a cracked Note 5 Pro for ₹8050 after getting it repaired for 1000 bucks maybe)

- no sd card (I can forego this requirement ig)
- no headphone jack (but not an issue as I have switched to bluetooth headphones since Tin T2's cable died)

Poco X3 Pro: ₹19000 - ₹8500 sell poco f1 -₹1750 icici discount = ₹8750

+ Cheaper
+ Sd card

- very heavy
- thicker
- too big to handle
- lcd display
- lesser battery backup than 11X
- sell phone myself

I am preferring Mi 11X atm after watching TechTablet's comparison video linked below. Another thing is that X3 Pro seems like an evolution of Poco F1 in every aspect, but doesn't wow in any way.

So is 11X the best option in my budget atm? Kindly suggest some other smartphone if I have missed by chance. Thanks.

Last edited:
At the cost of eating my own words, should I expect a further price drop around Diwali? If anyone has been following price trends lately, do share your opinion.

The price of 11X has again dropped to 28k - 10k discount for exchange = 18k. I don't mind waiting till Diwali but waiting 2 months and then buying it at the same 18k will be the worst KLPD ever.

Asking since the thought of that gorgeous OLED panel is making me weak in the knees.
You should go ahead and buy it right now. If there is more discount it'd be max 1-2k which I guess won't matter when spread over a period of 2 months. This phone is decent so the price won't fluctuate much( like samsung f62's does from 18k to 23k). If you really like the phone, go ahead and get it. Unless, you are waiting for some new phone to release in same price bracket(30k original, 18k with exchange).

At the cost of eating my own words, should I expect a further price drop around Diwali? If anyone has been following price trends lately, do share your opinion.

The price of 11X has again dropped to 28k - 10k discount for exchange = 18k. I don't mind waiting till Diwali but waiting 2 months and then buying it at the same 18k will be the worst KLPD ever.

Asking since the thought of that gorgeous OLED panel is making me weak in the knees.
11x has so much quality issue though.

Proximity sensor and display issue are still there and they are not getting resolve with update.

Unless, you are waiting for some new phone to release in same price bracket(30k original, 18k with exchange).
Thanks for pointing this out. Do you know if any new phone launch is planned before Diwali?
I was thinking of waiting for this reason too, but I am pretty sure that the new phone won't have a 10k exchange offer and nor will it be priced around 20k to compensate for that.

I got 2 Mi 11x phones. There is simply nothing that comes close to this phone in terms of value.

Screen is simply bonkers. I've never seen such a bright display. While playing hdr it gets crazy bright and looks very good. The tint issues will be there on any 120htz oled panel. These are issues you might notice once a month, if you're looking for them.
The build quality is thin, light and solid. Looks very premium.
The processor and SOC are insane. Ive never seen Miui, the POS software that it is, run this smoothly on any phone. I myself have a K20 pro with a last gen flagship soc.
The main camera is average but it takes decent pics. You only struggle in low light. The difference from Gcam to this to say a pixel is 20% and most of it in low light performance.
The front camera on Mi11x is wide angle and takes decent pics. Will only get better with updates.
Proximity sensor works differently. It works only when triggered by another sensor that sense movement like you raising your hand to bring the phone to your ears. Firstly the issues happens once in a while only and I'm sure xiaomi will change the behavior of enabling this sensor through an update. BTW I am saying this after watching tonnes of videos and experimenting with it myself since I felt it was a big issue for my usage. And the sensor is there and it does work. Its just enabled when the gyroscope sensor sense movement big enough like taking a call. Easily programmable behavior I think.

I'm very happy with these phones. My avg purchase price after exchanging 5 yr old phones was 20k with 1 yr Screen replacement incase of accidental damage. (I changed the screen and glass on old phones for around 3k total for hassle free exchange. You can add 1.5k to each for that. But these were OLD phones. Like I got the redmi note 5 for 9999 4 yrs ago and got 7.5k as exchange value lmao)

This is a failed flagship device from Xiaomi and it makes an EXCELLENT budget phone. This is similar to the K20 pro. Where Xiaomi launched it at much higher price. It ended up making great vfm at 20k. The other option was Redmi Note 10 pro and I will prefer this one waaay more than that. Those phones lag with miui itself LOL. I am going to flash Miui EU rom on this for stock miui dialer. I think this phone will easily run for 4-5 yrs given how it has a mental screaming fast processor for a very cheap price.

NORD 2- I was initially going with the Oneplus NORD 2. But the front camera on that felt like a VGA camera. The SOC scored worse than Mi 11x and the phone had lot of issues and micro lags.

Poco - I wouldnt get any poco phone above 15k. They are great budget devices. But for the last year their team introduces more issues than it solves in each update.

I got 2 Mi 11x phones. There is simply nothing that comes close to this phone in terms of value.

Screen is simply bonkers. I've never seen such a bright display. While playing hdr it gets crazy bright and looks very good. The tint issues will be there on any 120htz oled panel. These are issues you might notice once a month, if you're looking for them.
The processor and SOC are insane. Ive never seen Miui, the POS software that it is, run this smoothly on any phone. I myself have a K20 pro with a last gen flagship soc.
The main camera is average but it takes decent pics. You only struggle in low light. The difference from Gcam to this to say a pixel is 20% and most of it in low light performance.
The front camera on Mi11x is wide angle and takes decent pics. Will only get better with updates.
Proximity sensor works differently. It works only when triggered by another sensor that sense movement like you raising your hand to bring the phone to your ears. Firstly the issues happens once in a while only and I'm sure xiaomi will change the behavior of enabling this sensor through an update. BTW I am saying this after watching tonnes of videos and experimenting with it myself since I felt it was a big issue for my usage. And the sensor is there and it does work. Its just enabled when the gyroscope sensor sense movement big enough like taking a call. Easily programmable behavior I think.

I'm very happy with these phones. My avg purchase price after exchanging 5 yr old phones was 20k with 1 yr Screen replacement incase of accidental damage. (I changed the screen and glass on old phones for around 3k total for hassle free exchange. You can add 1.5k to each for that. But these were OLD phones. Like I got the redmi note 5 for 9999 4 yrs ago and got 7.5k as exchange value lmao)

This is a failed flagship device from Xiaomi and it makes an EXCELLENT budget phone. This is similar to the K20 pro. Where Xiaomi launched it at much higher price. It ended up making great vfm at 20k. The other option was Redmi Note 10 pro and I will prefer this one waaay more than that. Those phones lag with miui itself LOL. I am going to flash Miui EU rom on this for stock miui dialer. I think this phone will easily run for 4-5 yrs given how it has a mental screaming fast processor for a very cheap price.

NORD 2- I was initially going with the Oneplus NORD 2. But the front camera on that felt like a VGA camera. The SOC scored worse than Mi 11x and the phone had lot of issues and micro lags.

Poco - I wouldnt get any poco phone above 15k. They are great budget devices. But for the last year their team introduces more issues than it solves in each update.
That's a detailed review. There is sadly no all rounder right now in 30k price bracket, atleast not one I know of. If one wants performance then Mi11x, IQOO 7 will be good.
Camera: samsung a52, pixel 4a

... Anyone else with thoughts on the Note 10 Pro Max camera? Is it worth the premium over their 10 Pro?
Ended up going with the Note 10 Pro Max (with help from a generous forum member who helped obtain a discount) and been using it for a few weeks now.

Some thoughts. Found the stock firmware bloated and pretty much unusable. After initially trying LOS, found it a bit too bland - also their camera app was way too inferior compared to the stock camera app. Eventually settled on the crDroid ROM (OSS, no gapps) and am super happy with it so far. It includes the stock camera app which is a huge plus, and the battery easily lasts around 3 days (with around 7 hours screen-use time).

All said, found the camera every bit as bad as I imagined it to be, unless if the lighting is just about right. Usable, but doesn't stand up to any careful scrutiny. Love the screen, and even the build appears to be more than okayish. Tons of custom ROM choices too, for anyone who likes to experiment.

FYI, i think poco x3 pro has too many QC issues. I am saying this because i am a member in an android community facebook group and i see many poco x3 pro issues on a daily basis. Please do read about this before going for poco x3.

@codelad You may try GCAM mods and see if that helps. I was also fan of the open source OpenCamera app.
Did actually try gcam and was not totally happy. The device-specific configuration appears to be very much a work in progress and I think the general consensus is that the stock app is still the best option available (at least at the time I last tried it, a week or so ago).

Also, it was a bit of a chore to set up the programs that mimic Google services that gcam requires to run, since I always run the "no gapps" variant of the ROMs.

Ended up going with the Note 10 Pro Max (with help from a generous forum member who helped obtain a discount) and been using it for a few weeks now.

Some thoughts. Found the stock firmware bloated and pretty much unusable. After initially trying LOS, found it a bit too bland - also their camera app was way too inferior compared to the stock camera app. Eventually settled on the crDroid ROM (OSS, no gapps) and am super happy with it so far. It includes the stock camera app which is a huge plus, and the battery easily lasts around 3 days (with around 7 hours screen-use time).

All said, found the camera every bit as bad as I imagined it to be, unless if the lighting is just about right. Usable, but doesn't stand up to any careful scrutiny. Love the screen, and even the build appears to be more than okayish. Tons of custom ROM choices too, for anyone who likes to experiment.
LOL why bro. Mi 11x is so much better at near the same price with exchange. When I checked the Note 10pro it has micro stutters all over the place on MIUI. 700 series processors arent that great. Only the cameras were marginally better. Hopefully custom roms would make it bearable.

LOL why bro. Mi 11x is so much better at near the same price with exchange.
Well, as a matter of fact, I didn't have anything to exchange it with. And without an exchange, the Mi 11X was at least 8k more, which I couldn't quite justify.
When I checked the Note 10pro it has micro stutters all over the place on MIUI. 700 series processors arent that great. Only the cameras were marginally better. Hopefully custom roms would make it bearable.
For my use case - no gaming, social media or google services, a couple of hours daily talk-time + a bit of media/YT consumption + a bit of browsing/reading , the CPU on the Note 10 Pro more than suffices. And a fairly stripped down custom ROM has indeed worked wonders - I find the phone quite responsive and also am happy with the battery life so far. The camera is a disappointment, but I kind of had no great expectations anyhow, so that is quite alright too.

Thanks for the detailed review. I am also leaning towards 11X and hoping to buy it this Sunday. Can you tell me where you got that 7.5K exchange value? I just checked on Amazon and my Samsung Galaxy S9+ would only fetch me 5.7K exchange value. At that price, I'd just keep it in my drawer for emergencies.

Bought the Mi 11x while exchanging with Redmi Note 4 which was lying around unused. Got a good exchange rate of Rs.7200/- and effectively got the 11x for around 20.5K. Price has increased now in Amazon for around 30K. Couple of weeks back it was around 28K when I bought it with exchange.

Back