Micromax A70 First Impressions

seems. that micromax. themselves might have fixed up playfulgod else how could he make a recovery. I mean. CMW

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I charged my phone to 100 % on Sunday evening 1900 hrs (7pm), 60 hrs / 2 and a half days elapsed, now 18% of charge still left. using as my primary phone now.

Within a range of around 4-5 meters it works perfectly :)

Also I hope you know if you use MiFi it dirs out the battery in 2.5 hrs or so on a full charge :p

delguy19 said:
does anyone can confirm does this phone have wifi hotspot ?

sure, tested with 2g with wifi tethering for 4 hrs continuously (phone was put on a charger).

usb tethering also working fine, tested with ubuntu 11.04, should work with 8.04 and later.

you just have to plug the phone into linux computer and enable tethering,

I managed to reverse USB tether using ubuntu 11.04.. Here's how

btw you can even do it if ur in windows, however there arent any working drivers for adb... so i used virtual box to emulate ubuntu :p

Ok, regarding the battery problem I've been facing:

I found this app called Fast Reboot. To avoid dialer consume too much cpu, just hit "Fast Reboot" - it restarts all processes (extremely quickly), and hence doesn't let dialer hog CPU at all.

I'm seeing my usual ~2.5 days of battery life with this.

rajorshi said:
Ok, regarding the battery problem I've been facing:

I found this app called Fast Reboot. To avoid dialer consume too much cpu, just hit "Fast Reboot" - it restarts all processes (extremely quickly), and hence doesn't let dialer hog CPU at all.

I'm seeing my usual ~2.5 days of battery life with this.

well, i bought the phone a week ago. till today i was getting about 15 hours battery life but today, after regular usage(playing game, using EDGE almost all the time, brightness to minimum), i only have 40% charge left and it's been only 3 hours or so....

the only change i have made was to remove "automatic task killer". i am really getting dissapointed on the battery life...all the other features are ok with me..

@rahules - see if "Dialer" is running. If so, then it's definitely the bug I mentioned earlier. Just install "Fast reboot" and remember to run it after every call. I'm back to 2 days of battery life after this, and I'm happy! :)

@rjorshi - well, the dialer is not showing up in Advanced task killer list.. i will surely try fast reboot ...... thnx for the reply..

Also, what all apps and settings do you use (like 3G, games ,WiFi...etc) ??

One thing I noted is that the last 15% stays for a long time compared to the first....It lasted a whole night of data usage for me...

again thanks for the reply..

@rahules - yes, don't try other task killers. The phone comes with Android Booster which has a simple task killer- but AFAIK those do NOT kill system apps like Dialer.

Fast Reboot has worked wonders for me. I can confirm yet again that my battery life is back to 3 days with minimal use, and 2 days with moderate use. Regarding settings, I always keep Wifi OFF but 3G ON (actually I should turn 3G off too) except when I need.

By the way, folks - I successfully rooted the phone using latest z4root and deleted crapware such as Micromax Apps and all that. It maybe just me.. but the phone feels slightly more responsive.

However, I used an app called "Root app remover". While it deleted the apps fine, I was expecting some 10-12MB memory to be freed up, which didn't happen :huh:

I used Titanium backup for deleting stock micromax stuff but i didnt see if it has freed any memory.

Also ive changed the bootanimation to

[]http://cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Android-Particle-Ring-Bootanimation-Red.gif[]

Here's the link if u need to know how...

Is there any way to change the MICROMAX Splash screen ? (not the animation)

[mod]Please do not hotlink images and leech bandwidth, use a 3rd party free image host[/mod]

you can try the v6 supercharger from xda for better performance....I'm really getting better performance by using the script...(if you are planning to use, read the instructions given there). I have also removed all unwanted apps...just keeping some games, some needed apps ans also system apps rt now

@sunil - thanks for the link man... I am using the minimal boot animation given in the xda thread..

Also, try the V6 Supercharger by zeppelinrox.

It has increased my multitasking as well as gaming performance. And after using the script, I have removed the task killer I was using.

@rahules

np, will try that supercharger script.. it seems awesome ..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is there any way to lock the framerates while video capturing videos ?
After recording 2-3 videos in 640X480 rez, and analyzing it .. i found that the ones taken in day time with adequate lighting have 12-20 fps.. (2 of my videos had 12-13 and other one had 20ish fps)...while the ones taken at night have as low as 6 fps...

Ill try some camera and check though..

Back