Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the page is online again. Price looks good. Pulling the trigger as soon as its available.[DOUBLEPOST=1391586746][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey the prices are 12499 and 13999 now. No clue on what is the accurate one.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are reluctant to the dual SIM version ? Is that you all expected single SIM to be priced lesser than dual SIM ?

Flipkart is also running some offers on purchase of Moto G. Moto G will be available at Flipkart only from 06-Feb (tonight @ 00:00:01 am). Also, for launch day only (06-Feb from 00:00:01 am upto 11:59:59 pm), there will be additional offers from Flipkart, mentioned below for all customers who purchase Moto G:
  • Rs 500/- Off on any eBooks purchases over Rs 501/-
  • Rs 1000/- Off on Clothing purchases over Rs 1001/-
  • Flat 70% Off on colourful phone cases bought along with the Moto G
  • A chance to win 100% Off (Flipkart store credit) on your Moto G phone purchase (for 100 lucky Moto G customers)
Link: http://www.flipkart.com/motorola

These offers from Flipkart have made the deal more sweat.

While reading Flipkart's replies on their facebook page, I got an indication that dual sim is exclusive to flipkart and single sim can be sold by other channels. Is it so?

"Just Dual SIM will be available with us."

"We'll be exclusively selling the Dual Sim Moto G"

https://www.facebook.com/flipkart/p...58/10152152921133559/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Dual SIM is not exclusive to flipkart, the phone itself is exclusive as other sites will have to wait for couple of weeks before it is available in their stores.

http://www.gsmarena.com/moto_g_launched_in_india_exclusively_on_flipkart-news-7738.php

While reading Flipkart's replies on their facebook page, I got an indication that dual sim is exclusive to flipkart and single sim can be sold by other channels. Is it so?

"Just Dual SIM will be available with us."
"We'll be exclusively selling the Dual Sim Moto G"

Engrish @ Indian cc dude.
Unless there is a more reliable source, i wont be too hopeful with the replies thrown by the Indian e commerce sites.

India will see only dual sim version. I guess single sim will be restricted to USA and other markets.

Also, ppl who want a single sim version, no need to panic.. Just buy dual sim, flash any custom rom (from XDA) of singly sim version and viola, you phone will now acts as a single sim version :)

I'm sure that Single SIM will get launched aswell. It's just my guess. As, there are quite some phones with 11k mark with 5" screen from Micromax, and people buy that thinking, quad core and 5" is a perfect combo. If Motorola releases single SIM variant , it will probably be for 11k(As seeing dual SIM pricing) and that will just crash Micromax's market.

After months of making people wait, Motorola has finally launched the Moto G in India. The much anticipated Android smartphone has been priced at Rs 12,499 for the 8GB model and Rs 13,999 for the 16GB model. The device will be exclusively available on Flipkart from tomorrow.

To recap on the specifications, the Moto G sports a 4.5-inch 720p display and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz and paired with 1GB of RAM. Other features include 8/16GB internal memory, 5-megapixel rear camera, 1.2-megapixel front facing camera and a 2,070mAh battery that Motorola claims to provide all day long battery backup.

Connectivity options include dual-SIM card slots, 3G support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and on the software front, it runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Motorola promising Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade soon. The device is also said to have internal and external nano coating for water splash resistance.

Flipkart is also offering a range of freebies and discounts on the Moto G to further sweeten the deal. When you buy the device on the launch day, you are entitled to a 70 percent discount on customizable Moto G covers, Rs 500 off on select eBooks, Rs 1,000 off on clothing and accessories and some lucky winners would also be entitled for a 100 percent cashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back