Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.

srkmish

Disciple
May 24, 2013
^^ The P780 is a better phone in many aspects - expandable memory, battery life, screen size etc.
Not necessarily, Moto G is cheaper, better screen and lighter ,yet sporting very good battery capacity of 2030 mah. Not everyone wants to lug around a brick like p780 all day. Also, unless you are a gaming/music freak, i dont see any need for more than 16 gb memory.

Reactions: Criminal

Sobirvs

Skilled
Mar 20, 2013
Chrome
I ordered it at 12:20PM today via Cash on Delivery(as soon as the site went live) but that time shells weren't available, so I placed the order for just the phone. To my surprise, the shells were available after 30 mins and I thought about this for some time and finally ordered both the phone and a blue shell at 1:25PM via COD aswell. And cancelled my first order. But may be a glitch on the site or something, my order was still being showed on order list at flipkart. But now I checked my order list at FK and my first ordeR(which I cancelled) says it's shipped :p lol. Anyways, imma cancel nothing now, as the 2nd order had an estimated delivery of 25th Feb.

sudipt123

Disciple
Oct 25, 2007
If the price is CIF, and customs+ vat say an extra 20~ 22%- I would say moto and flipkart are operating on thin margins

prime

Skilled
Nov 22, 2008
Hi guys, yesterday I was just trying various options at Flipkart and was not sure if I want to buy this or not.

Today my friend wants me to buy one for him. I checked my account on Flipkart. There is an an order with "Payment not received" for Moto G 16GB and a red back cover with all the possible offer applied.

I also have one Moto G 16GB in my cart also probably without any offer.

Now if I want to buy a 16GB, what should I do ?

I (my friend) prefer to get the phone with offers with red case.

juzcld.png

2w3xjq1.png

prateekS

Skilled
Sep 19, 2012
Mumbai
If the price is CIF, and customs+ vat say an extra 20~ 22%- I would say moto and flipkart are operating on thin margins

Customs is 7%,anyways that is the value declared for customs, not the value at which flipkart bought the stock.

prateekS

Skilled
Sep 19, 2012
Mumbai
I can place order for 2nd one in the cart for sure. Tried that. Not sure if I will get the offer with that or not.
As soon as you go to payment page, or 1 page before that, the item will change to 8gb..or will say out of stock.. Anyways most of the orders placed yesterday have an expected delivery date of 17th and 25 th Feb..

Brendon

Skilled
Mar 21, 2005
^^ I am not saying there is no advantage to the Moto G but the P780 has its pluses.

Having the option to add more memory is always a plus point cause you never know what you might load on the phone. I felt 8 GB on my old BlackBerry as tons of space. Now I have a 16 GB phone with 8 GB memory card and both are almost full with apps, game data, roms and music. No space for any videos unless I buy a 32 GB card.

I wouldn't call the Motorola G screen as better, just higher PPI. Honestly I was hard pressed to tell individual pixels apart on the P780 at the store I checked it out.

And the 'brick' as you call it weighs just 33 gms more and is actually slimmer than the Moto G.

Also the battery on P780 is removable. Again a big plus if you wish to use the phone for a few years.

@iPwnz - Its not 4k. More like 2.5k difference. Though you will need to purchase another memory card for the P780.

Reactions: Spacescreamer

mojo

Adept
Jun 9, 2011
Seems like @iPwnz is comparing with 8gb model and @Brendon comparing it with 4gb one.
@Brendon --> Battery is not removable. If the seal is broken, warranty will be void.
not_removable.png

Status
Not open for further replies.