Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the recovery mode, when the device starts up with a little man logo , which two keys do i press to get the list of options of cache wipe/factory data reset

is it the volume keys together or volume up and power button

I think it's the vol up and then press and release the power button.

I'm not too sure, cos I did it by trial and error as the instructions on motorolas site are wrong.

Just cleared the cache again, for the heck of it.

Hold volume up for 10-15 seconds, then press and release the power button to enter recovery.

Also, USB OTG works with KitKat.
Just got a cable and sd card to usb adaptor delivered, and it works without any additional software, though having a file manager like ES File Explorer is useful.

But there are a couple of issues.
1) after unmounting, I get a persistent notification that asks me to insert new media, that cannot be removed.
2) after inserting the stick into 1 phone, it doesn't work in the other unless I plug it into my computer first. Android writes something to the drive, so maybe that's the problem.

Just my luck :(

Got a dead pixel on the screen need to change the mobile now[DOUBLEPOST=1392921223][/DOUBLEPOST]

Got a dead pixel on the screen need to change the mobile now
Guys should i approact motorola or flipkart for changing the mobile?

Last edited:

Got a dead pixel on the screen need to change the mobile now[DOUBLEPOST=1392921223][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guys should i approact motorola or flipkart for changing the mobile?
It would be better to get a replacement from flipkart because you have received a defective item and they provide 30 Day Replacement Guarantee plus moto doesn't have very good service network in India. So it would be better option to settle the issue with flipkart itself.

It would be better to get a replacement from flipkart because you have received a defective item and they provide 30 Day Replacement Guarantee plus moto doesn't have very good service network in India. So it would be better option to settle the issue with flipkart itself.
Spoke with the CC today they said that they will take the phone and give the money back but they said that they will not be able to replace the device since it is OOS

Guys does your phone get a little warmer when music is played through the speakers at full volume for more than five minutes

BTW i EFFFING love this phone the display the performance everything is outta sight. the build quality is solid. so using moto g piqued my intrest for moto x more so whens that phone getting released in india? because moto X is THE SMART PHONE!![DOUBLEPOST=1393140125][/DOUBLEPOST]W00t my new mobile has been shipped :) guys I am seeing two notches in the left edge of the screen is this also an a defect?

Last edited:
Hey all...today i received 2nd Moto G 8gb from Snapdeal LEFT...
Right - 16gb MOTO G ordered from flipkart on launch day
8gb's screen is slightly yellowish as compared to right 16gb which i received 2 weeks back....
Both are JAN 14 manufactured...maybe screen's are from different supplier/batch

IMG_20140223_153425.jpg
IMG_20140223_153507.jpg
IMG_20140223_153524.jpg

Anyone from Mumbai who placed order after 14 Feb and got their order delivered/shipped? If yes, please PM me your order # and I'll take up my delay issue with FK

Got a second MOTO G 16 GB from Flipkart for my brother, delivered in 9 days after reservation as they call it. Working fine like the first one.
So how many of you guys use screen guards/protectors for your MOTO Gs and other Gorilla glass/scratch proof phones like the Nexuses, Sonys, Iphones. Are they really useful and worthy of their claim? Are flipcovers(if available) enough to protect? Any screenguard suggestions? Please reply:)

Owner please tell me how is battery back with 3G data and without data.

My dad owns one not me. I got him his phone charged 100% in the morning and forgot to gave him the charger, he usually get;s too many calls and he was on 3G signal all the time with BSNL SIM. He came back home after 11 hrs. Screen on time was 4hrs+20mins and voice calls were for 2hrs+50mins. And whole time sync was ON.

So 4hrs20mins+2hrs50mins = ~7hrs is pretty daym impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back