Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
was checking zauba, 1,35,000 phones imported till date. Considering it was launched on 6th Feb and it's just been 3 weeks it's pretty damn impressive sales.

One dead pixel or five, a defective product is just what it is. Minute or not.
To be rejoicing on any firm's obvious policy is a bit over the top. Looking at the interest for the phone and the fact that it is a fresh entry onto the scene, FK rather should be looking at replacement on a priority basis, cuz if more such case arise, they ll be stuck with a backlog which they wont be able to deal with.
When i first called the CC regarding this they told be they wont replace the phone if the dead pixel count is less than three after ward the cc enquired with theier higher up and told me that they will be willing to replace the product

When i first called the CC regarding this they told me
they wont replace the phone if the dead pixel count is less than three

after ward the cc enquired with theier higher up and told me that they will be willing to replace the product

Very stupid and unfair on their part!
Thanks for mentioning this here. You should have brought that up in FK related feedback thread to be honest.

Thanks. Thinking to buy as a my secondary phone.

Don't think, just go for it.

But you see we all here in India are not used to good customer service and replacement is sort of unheard (and refund is alien term) and in most cases the deal/shop/store will just wash their hands off the product as soon as you buy it from them. That is the reason, he is excited that he got a replacement.

So true. I got my nexus 5 replaced form Google 3 times and my dbrand skin one time and my brother was thinking , there must be some "jugaad" I did LOL.

But you see we all here in India are not used to good customer service and replacement is sort of unheard .

Yea, that was what i was expecting. Indians not getting expected service has become so common that something which should have been done is now received with euphoria and cheers. And it ultimately becomes ridiculous when people eulogize the firms in question for carrying out their stated service.

But now that ubergeek mentioned that he got the replacement after they went out of the way of their stated policy of
'No replacement unless the dead pixel count is >3' ...i can understand his sentiments better now.
Still the question begs:

1) Has FK made this policy (the replacement only when dead pixel are >3) public and mentioned clearly?
2) Is this policy even fair?

Yea, that was what i was expecting. Indians not getting expected service has become so common that something which should have been done is now received with euphoria and cheers. And it ultimately becomes ridiculous when people eulogize the firms in question for carrying out their stated service.

But now that ubergeek mentioned that he got the replacement after they went out of the way of their stated policy of
'No replacement unless the dead pixel count is >3' ...i can understand his sentiments better now.
Still the question begs:

1) Has FK made this policy (the replacement only when dead pixel are >3) public and mentioned clearly?
2) Is this policy even fair?

No where have they sepcified the required dead pixel count for product replacement. http://www.flipkart.com/s/help/cancellation-returns
I think this must have been communicated to the cc's alone by the higher up internally and this policy is totally not fair as you said a defect is a defect.

Very strange w.r.t the treatment given by FK

I have reported 2 weeks back for the ear speaker distortion issue which was happening for almost every call. They asked me to call them back once in stock as it was OOS. Now i was wondering how they ship the product to customers who have ordered while in OOS?

Even, they replaced the phone for ubergeek ( inbtw, happy for you buddy :) ) who has reported just 2 days back ? Gonna call them up and demand for an replacement ASAP!! Disappointed with the differential treatment.

Very strange w.r.t the treatment given by FK

I have reported 2 weeks back for the ear speaker distortion issue which was happening for almost every call. They asked me to call them back once in stock as it was OOS. Now i was wondering how they ship the product to customers who have ordered while in OOS?

Even, they replaced the phone for ubergeek ( inbtw, happy for you buddy :) ) who has reported just 2 days back ? Gonna call them up and demand for an replacement ASAP!! Disappointed with the differential treatment.
I think flipkart is doing this deliberately to increase the sales of the phone. How do you think they were able to ship a replacement phone so promptly eventhough it shows as OOS in the site. I really hope the replacement phone doesnt have any issues

I think flipkart is doing this deliberately to increase the sales of the phone.
How do you think they were able to ship a replacement phone so promptly eventhough it shows as OOS in the site.

Maybe not.
They prolly have sets back in stock and prior to enlisting them again, they expedited cases as yours to ensure they are not left with a catastrophe on their hands later on.
Or, they have kept aside few phones in stock for DOA/Defective cases exclusively.

I still dont get whats so special about snapdeal's airtel 1gb for just one month..
FK;'s first day offers were much better

also afaik for ppl in mum,delhi mtnl 3g has a plethora of plans..esp that 1195 for 1 year 900mb/month is a killer plan!

After a mail war with FK they have finally confirmed my order placed on 14th Feb. Let's see how much time they take to ship now that the order is confirmed. :)

While everyone (including myself) thought that the "Made in India" charger has been added by Flipkart. This is not true.

Yes, the charger is "Made in India" but not included by Flipkart.

I got Moto G Boost CDMA from US Amazon yesterday and it includes same "Made in India" charger (but, with US pins). Phone is made in China. :p

87lHRlx.jpg

Last edited:
Someone please confirm if it's Ok to use this charger with the MG :
http://www.amazon.in/Sony-CP-AD2-US...F8&qid=1393306037&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+CP-AD2

https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._detail/a_id/97318/p/30,6720,9050/action/auth
You will see the best results when the output of the charger is between 500 mA and 1.5 A. The higher the output, the faster your Moto G will charge.
If your charger output is higher, the MOTO G will automatically restrict the charging rate. If your charger is lower, it will simply take longer to reach a full charge.

My order is confirmed by WSRetail yesterday, i had ordered on 15th, any idea when it will be shipped ?

They have finally shipped my 14 Feb order. They have promised to deliver by Thursday. Can't wait :D[DOUBLEPOST=1393326789][/DOUBLEPOST]
My order is confirmed by WSRetail yesterday, i had ordered on 15th, any idea when it will be shipped ?
Mine was also confirmed yesterday night. They have shipped it out today. Probably they'll do the same to your order also. But, since it is confirmed. It should be shipped either today or tomorrow max

Last edited:
My Anker multiport USB charger... Finally freedom from multiple chargers. :-D

Attachments

• 1393331079536.jpg
    1393331079536.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 1393331099904.jpg
    1393331099904.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back