Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys before upgrading to kit kat the amount of power consumed by Screen was around 15 to 30% but suddenly after upgrade the battery consumption by screen as gone to 60% please help

this is available for 1700 on amazon.in.. But only white colour

The White one is a different one. The one I have is a more expensive model and u can connect any device to any port, it auto detects and supplies the charging current accordingly. The white one has ports marked according to the charging output and lots of ppl complained that Android devices dont charge up well on iPhone port of that charger, hence I got the better and higher capacity version of it.

I have sealed Blue and White back cover of Moto G which I got @70% discount (Rs.270/- each) from Flipkart.

Anyone wants to exchange one of them with Original Motorola Flip case ? I will pay the difference in buying price.

I don't want to sell anything, please don't PM me for buying.

XXBQ2Id.jpg

My Anker multiport USB charger... Finally freedom from multiple chargers. :-D

It says it has different output ports for different devices. I thought that you could plug in any phone into any higher amperage output and device would draw what is necessary?

There is a Sony charger being disussed here with a 2 amp output which guys are using for android phones right? So, can't you connect an android phone to the 2 amp out put of the Anker?

Finally i received a callback after 2 days of waiting. Here are my conversation

1) Informed then that i have raised the issue 2 weeks back regarding the distortion at the earphone speaker while on call. The agent who had called next day asked me to do a factory reset and testagain, which i have done but the issue still presisted and i promptly raised the issue again the next day. The agent who had called post then said that the device is OOS and i can get back to them once it is available (Point to note, they won't get back to me, but i need to keep checking and once available need to call them back !!)
2) The agent who had called yesterday, went in the same way saying that the device is OOS and they can't do anything. I have asked that there are thousands of customer ordered while in OOS and the items are being delivered to them and added that one of my friend who reported an issue 2 days got an replacement. For which he had no answers and said that he had no clue and sorry for the same.
3) He was then firm and said that he can do a return and provide the cash in my wallet. I told him either give me a replacement or credit back the money in my bank account and also added that you are losing the valuable customer and i am very very disappointed. To my surprise he said casually said, sorry and will process the refund, which really pissed me off further and demanded to speak with his manager
4) Reiterated the whole story to the floor supervisor and how i am disappointed with the differential treatment and told him to replace the product and else credit back the amount.
5) Today i got an sms and mail saying than they are sending a replacement.. Phew!!! Although i am happy now, but not happy with the whole process. In US, customers are the king, where in India they are just an another customer !!

Now, Seems my order will be delivered in a week time. Can anyone know how to backup the "App & Data" in Moto G? I tried helium, but seems motorola devices are not supported.

1) Informed then that i have raised the issue 2 weeks back regarding the distortion at the earphone speaker while on call. The agent who had called next day asked me to do a factory reset and testagain, which i have done but the issue still presisted and i promptly raised the issue again the next day. The agent who had called post then said that the device is OOS and i can get back to them once it is available (Point to note, they won't get back to me, but i need to keep checking and once available need to call them back !!)
2) The agent who had called yesterday, went in the same way saying that the device is OOS and they can't do anything. I have asked that there are thousands of customer ordered while in OOS and the items are being delivered to them and added that one of my friend who reported an issue 2 days got an replacement. For which he had no answers and said that he had no clue and sorry for the same.
3) He was then firm and said that he can do a return and provide the cash in my wallet. I told him either give me a replacement or credit back the money in my bank account and also added that you are losing the valuable customer and i am very very disappointed. To my surprise he said casually said, sorry and will process the refund, which really pissed me off further and demanded to speak with his manager
4) Reiterated the whole story to the floor supervisor and how i am disappointed with the differential treatment and told him to replace the product and else credit back the amount.
5) Today i got an sms and mail saying than they are sending a replacement.. Phew!!! Although i am happy now, but not happy with the whole process. In US, customers are the king, where in India they are just an another customer !!

Now, Seems my order will be delivered in a week time. Can anyone know how to backup the "App & Data" in Moto G? I tried helium, but seems motorola devices are not supported.
Bro they also pulled the same crap on me but i really dont know how on staturda my return was processed and i got the product on monday !!!
Good to hear that they agreed to replace the product

Still...u got away with the shitty customer service provided by 99.5% of other providers....for atleast 40% of the proividers u can forget about ur money...

Here in FK...u got ur way through 3-4 followups which is kind of great
\

I did a cache partition wipe and still the screen is consuming 55% battery :(
It will average out over time. Please look at your usage patterns and see what battery life you're getting at the end of the day. If that is consistent across a few days, it means the phone is ok.

Also, there are many applications that might have an 'awake' functionality that will keep pinging the processor and thus reduce battery life.
In Airplane mode, when the phone was brand new, I noticed a 2% drop overnight after charging (battery showed 98%). After installing apps, and with wifi enabled, the drain came to 8-9% in the morning (battery showed 91%).

Not to sound like you don't have an issue, but did you check the audio settings under "sound"? If you have enabled that graphic equalizer for audio effects (under volumes), there is a possiblity of getting distortion. If at all your problem is solved, you are saved the hassle of backing up data and so forth.
Helium works on any rooted phone by itself. If your phone isn't rooted, you will need to download the application for your desktop http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2577615. Of course, if you root your phone, your warranty is voided. Please keep in mind that all applications are not always backed up accurately, there's a possibility of losing data. Also ensure you tick the "Back up my Data" button under backup and reset in settings (with Automatic restore enabled). That should help with some things like your google account, applications, photographs etc.

Yes, I saw that setting a week back and i thought that may be of some help. Later i realized it is for the wired headset and speaker as @sandeepsachin mentioned. It is in switched off mode still.

Motorola says Moto G India launch its ‘most successful’ ever, http://tech.firstpost.com/news-anal...essful-launch-confirms-new-moto-x-219015.html
http://www.gsmarena.com/moto_g_is_the_most_successful_motorola_smartphone_yet-news-7932.php
Moto G getting new software update, brings back USB OTG on Kitkat: http://www.androidos.in/2014/02/moto-g-software-update/
http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-g-update-pushing-out-just-about-everyone

Fixed an issue which caused temporary cellular network loss for a small number of customers
Fixed wallpaper cropping issue
Resolved USB OTG support for USB drives
Fixed low call volume as experienced by some users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back