Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guyz, i have 2 very minute dead pixel almost not visible - have asked for a replacement yesterday but havent received any call from their side, can anyone guide me how to receive the replacement as fast as possible
Also the battery life is extremely good, charged to 100% at 8am, almost travelled from mumbai to panvel and back, with around 1hr of movie and 1hr of gameplay and around 40mins of calls and regular whatsapp use, still at around 8pm i had 15% remaining and i got a total SOT of around 6hrs
Only issue i have is the battery reduction rate in standby mode is a bit on a higher side, any solution to this ?

I face high idle battery drain too. As I pointed out in an earlier post, I did a test - in airplane mode, the battery reduced only 2% overnight, but with all applications active/email/exchange/whatsapp etc on, idle battery consumption is more like 2% or more an hour.

@sbhas2k , i had the same issue , returned it and took a refund . Has your replacement phone arrived?
@Charun , you must be the only lucky one to get 6hrs screen on time on kitkat . Whats your usage like , . post a screen shot if you can

Btw, 14k lying in my wallet . Has anyone had their wallet cash transferred to bank account. How long do they take to return the money

Last edited:
@Charun , you must be the only lucky one to get 6hrs screen on time on kitkat . Whats your usage like , . post a screen shot if you can

I was getting about 5-5.5 hours screen on time + 2.5 hours talktime + 32-48 hours standby time. With tapatalk, skype, whatsapp, facebook, 8 twitter accounts, 10 email accounts, auto-backup for photos all running in the background. Location and sync always on, and wi-fi on 60% of the time.

But sometimes it lasts much less, with a lot less use. Last night I experienced the battery drain problem. Like @AK3D, 1-2% drain per hour when idle.

I've got a second moto g which has only one SIM in it, and facebook not configured, 1 twitter and 3 email accounts, skype, whatsapp and auto-backup on. Location off, but sync on. Wi-fi on 75% of the time. It last 8 days with about 1.5 hours screen on time!

I suspect that the lower battery life we're getting is due to apps that don't work too well with KitKat.
Last night I opened a book on the Flipkart app, and when I checked the battery usage in the morning, the app had consumed about 10% of the battery, even though I'd used it for less than 5 minutes. CPU total time was 43 minutes!
Other apps do this as well. The stock email app routinely shows CPU total time in hours, when in fact it, IMO, it should be measured in minutes.

I suspect some apps just don't shutdown cleanly and keep the CPU from idling, leading to lower battery life.

@sbhas2k , i had the same issue , returned it and took a refund . Has your replacement phone arrived?

Btw, 14k lying in my wallet . Has anyone had their wallet cash transferred to bank account. How long do they take to return the money

Yeah guess i am the lucky one as well as the unluckiest one as well - i have 2 micro dead pixel on screen and last night i faced the issue of battery going from 80% to 0% in 1 second :(

This seems to be a software issue because though the battery shows 1% remaining, i used the phone for around 4 hrs on 1%, so the actual battery was how much i charged it to

A little late to the party! Just ordered a Moto G 16GB.
Need a good case and Screenguard. Any suggestions?

A little late to the party! Just ordered a Moto G 16GB.
Need a good case and Screenguard. Any suggestions?

IMO you don't need a case because the back covers are interchangeable, and you don't need a screenguard as you've got gorilla glass 3 on the front.

In any case! After my Lumia 520 screen broke in a small accident, I wanted to make sure nothing happens to G!
Ordered Amzer Pudding Case just now :)

I ordered the Moto flip case along with the phone on day 1. Still debating about the screenguard bit. What say guys?

Yeah guess i am the lucky one as well as the unluckiest one as well - i have 2 micro dead pixel on screen and last night i faced the issue of battery going from 80% to 0% in 1 second :(

This seems to be a software issue because though the battery shows 1% remaining, i used the phone for around 4 hrs on 1%, so the actual battery was how much i charged it to
If you see some user reports, that has happened after the Kitkat update. Kitkat disregards earlier battery stats. What you could do is do a complete discharge cycle and let the phone recharge while off for 3-4 hours, and after that, things should be normal.
http://motoxhub.com/how-to-solve-battery-life-problem-of-moto-x-after-kitkat-android-4-4-update/
Some others have also reported better battery life (stats) after wiping the cache from recovery.

If you're getting a normal day's use out of it, it should be alright actually, because usage patterns differ from person to person as well.

I ordered the Moto flip case along with the phone on day 1. Still debating about the screenguard bit. What say guys?
I too got the flip case. I actually liked the phone with its original back cover. But the flip cover adds the front cover which I feel comfortable. I am not using any screenguard and dont plan on using for near future.

Anyone having the "Camera error" issue? I have it. Only way is to restart the phone. And I have not installed any flashlight app. Dont know why this happens.

still trying to figure out how to get the motog earphones to stay in my ear, keep fallinf off - can't even make out which is L / R !

still trying to figure out how to get the motog earphones to stay in my ear, keep fallinf off - can't even make out which is L / R !
I have assumed that the moto g earphones do not exist, haven't removed it from the plastic bag, its still packed.
It is that bad

Still not sure if I should buy this one or not. After Note 2, not sure how will thing appear to me. Wold still be using note-2 and this one would probably be a standby phone so kind of confused about spending 14 grand for it.

Any one who dint avail the Case offer, if you could help me getting the Royal blue shell/flip case, I would greatly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back