Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the Moto flip case along with the phone on day 1. Still debating about the screenguard bit. What say guys?
Using a screen protector myself. While Gorilla Glass is scratch proof (metals etc), it is still vulnerable to sand particles which can easily scratch it. Sand is found in plenty here in India, reason enough to invest in a screen protector.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/general/misconception-gorilla-glass-t1866049

I too got the flip case. I actually liked the phone with its original back cover. But the flip cover adds the front cover which I feel comfortable. I am not using any screenguard and dont plan on using for near future.

Anyone having the "Camera error" issue? I have it. Only way is to restart the phone. And I have not installed any flashlight app. Dont know why this happens.
Using the flip cover, but using a screen guard myself.
I've seen it happen on the Moto X and the Nexus 5 too. Seems like a problem with KitKat. It happened to the Moto G as well.

Still not sure if I should buy this one or not. After Note 2, not sure how will thing appear to me. Wold still be using note-2 and this one would probably be a standby phone so kind of confused about spending 14 grand for it.
It's thinner than comparative 4.5 inch screens, if you're referring to the screen size. Makes it more pocketable though.

Bought it. The 16Gig version. Also got the Amzer Pudding case for added safety (slight though). Lets see which one stays with me and one is going to my wife, out of the Note 2 and this one.

@sbhas2k , i had the same issue , returned it and took a refund . Has your replacement phone arrived?
@Charun , you must be the only lucky one to get 6hrs screen on time on kitkat . Whats your usage like , . post a screen shot if you can

Btw, 14k lying in my wallet . Has anyone had their wallet cash transferred to bank account. How long do they take to return the money

I got my replacement and it is good. You should've asked them to credit back to your account whichever you used to pay. I guess it will take 10 day to 15days to credit back.

Still not sure if I should buy this one or not. After Note 2, not sure how will thing appear to me. Wold still be using note-2 and this one would probably be a standby phone so kind of confused about spending 14 grand for it.
Well, Note 1 user here. Got this for mom. I think the major difference is how smooth normal operations are. I'm using Slimbean with Note 1, but even on a fresh flash, it's not as smooth as Moto G.
Couple of drawbacks for me though:
1) Smaller screen size when moving from the Note series, and yes, the loss of real estate is noticeable.
2) No hardware button (again, personal issue).
Otherwise an excellent budget Android !

For me the main drawback for google devices is no native 3 g video calling . What is the point of having a front camera if no native 3g video call available . Samsung has this feature and so do all the mediatek androids . And I use native video calling often . I know skype is available but not everyone has a high volume 3gdata plan to use skype and viber .

For me the main drawback for google devices is no native 3 g video calling . What is the point of having a front camera if no native 3g video call available . Samsung has this feature and so do all the mediatek androids . And I use native video calling often . I know skype is available but not everyone has a high volume 3gdata plan to use skype and viber .

I don't know what native video calling you are talking about, but a question, that native video calling doesn't require internet connection ?

No only 3g connection . Check the dialler of a samsung android with front cam . You'll know . I call my daughter daily from my mtnl 3 g phone to her mtnl 3g phone by directly making a video call from my s3 dialler . No data plan needed . Thats why I buy samsung . Even my micromax a110 has the same feature .

No only 3g connection . Check the dialler of a samsung android with front cam . You'll know . I call my daughter daily from my mtnl 3 g phone to her mtnl 3g phone by directly making a video call from my s3 dialler . No data plan needed . Thats why I buy samsung . Even my micromax a110 has the same feature .
How is the video transferred in the absence of working 3G/data/internet ?

OT..How much is the charge per minute for this "native" video call ? And if you call her, does she incur any sort of separate data charges or incoming charges or receiving the call is sort of normal incoming for her (basically free incoming) ?

Ot . I have a scheme . Monthly fixed 20 rs . And for any 9 mtnl mobile numbers video call or normal call I think 4paise per minute . Look up native video call on google . It does not require data . She has ordinary samsung monte touch screen non android with front cam . I just use my dialler and instead of voice call I select vjdeo call . Has been there on my nokia n73 and c7and my micromax a110 too . Using it for a few years now . I also use it on my samsung galaxy grand duos and galaxy note too . All have mtnl 3g sim . The only criteria is that 3g on both caller and receiver must be on . When u call in 2 g the message comes this type of network does not support video calls . Also for the other guy incoming is free . I use mtnl trump prepaid sim . In mumbai I get 3g apmost everywhere . So in network settings I put wcdma only instead of dual or auto select .

Last edited:
Would the NILLKiN flip case be better without the window ? When the case is closed, the phone shuts off. Yes, the ON-OFF switch can be used to switch it on but most users will rarely do that. The window just leaves quite a large part of the screen exposed.
I at least would prefer no window.

EDIT : Sorry, on opening the box and closer examination I'm wrong. The "window" is actually has a trans plastic sheet - I only noticed the peel off sticker and assumed there was noting below the peel off sticker. MY BAD.

Last edited:
Would the NILLKiN flip case be better without the window ? When the case is closed, the phone shuts off. Yes, the ON-OFF switch can be used to switch it on but most users will rarely do that. The window just leaves quite a large part of the screen exposed.
I at least would prefer no window.
Did you buy the Nillkin flip cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back