MTNL Launches Unlimited 3G Data Plan for Rs. 750 in Mumbai

atiamd said:
I am sorry, I am not able to understand this offer completely... Does it mean that if I buy an MTNL sim in Mumbai, activate 3G 4500, and use it in Pune, I wont be charged beyond Rs. 4500?Or does it charge me 1p/10KB while I am roaming?

http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/3gweb/tariff_3Gmobile.html
Same query here and i had asked this before. But i do remember reading somewhere that roaming is free and if that is the case then good for people like us who intend to use it in Pune.

atiamd said:
I am sorry, I am not able to understand this offer completely... Does it mean that if I buy an MTNL sim in Mumbai, activate 3G 4500, and use it in Pune, I wont be charged beyond Rs. 4500?Or does it charge me 1p/10KB while I am roaming?

http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/3gweb/tariff_3Gmobile.html
it's 6 month unlimited plan.. You won't be charged anything while roaming as you will be using either MTNL/BSNL network. So you can safely use Unlimited connection for 6 months without any worry.. ATB

Postpaid Tariffs
New Customer
Opt for any 2G Dolphin plan from the existing plans.
Dial 1503(Toll Free) or send SMS ACT 3G on 555.
Voice call will be charged as per opted 2G tariff plan .Video calls will be provided at a standard tariff.
Opt for any of the Data plan depending on data usage.
FOR EXISTING DOLPHIN CUSTOMERS:
Dial 1503(Toll Free) or send SMS ACT 3G on 555.
Voice calls will be charged as per opted 2G tariff plan. Video calls will be charged as per your opted plan or at a standard tariff.
Opt for any of the Data plan depending on data usage.
Standard Tariff
Local/STD/ISD voice calls and SMS As per the existing Dolphin tariff plan
Local Video call : Standard Tariff
(i) To own N/W Rs 0.60/- per minute
(ii) To other N/W Rs 0.90/- per minute
STD Video calls RS 0.90/- per minute
ISD Video Calls Rs.30/min.
Mobile Internet Usage Charges 1p/10 KB
In Home as well as Roaming Network

3G Postpaid Data Plans
New Postpaid Data Plans(Promotional offer for 90 days w.e.f. 16/05/2011)
Data Plan MRP Duration Free data usage Data rates beyond free usage Bonus Airtime(Rs.)
3G 1650 Rs. 1650/- 1 Month Unlimited N/A N/A
3G 4500/- Rs. 4500/- 6 Month Unlimited N/A N/A

New data coupon will be available on E-Top up/TRS system and online Recharge only
Data Plan 3G 99 3G 250 3G 450 3G 750 3G 2500
Fixed monthly charges(Rs.) 99 250 450 750 2500
Free Data Usage 130 MB 500 MB 1 GB 2 GB Unlimited
Free Local Video Call (Own N/W) Nil 50 min. 100 min. 150 min. 300 min.
Validity 1 month 1 month 1 month 1 month 2 month

Roaming Tariffs (Prepaid and Postpaid)
Voice Calls (Local/STD/ISD) & SMS As per your existing plan.
Video Calls
Incoming Rs. 1.80/min
Outgoing Rs 3.00/min
STD Calls Rs.4.00/min

I am confused by this thing in bold. Does it apply to the entire plan or only the 3G99 to 3G 4500 plans??????

raksrules said:
Same query here and i had asked this before. But i do remember reading somewhere that roaming is free and if that is the case then good for people like us who intend to use it in Pune.
have you tried it on roaming and is this plan available on new sim or an old sim?

atiamd said:

I am confused by this thing in bold. Does it apply to the entire plan or only the 3G99 to 3G 4500 plans??????

That charge is only for users who haven't activated any dataplan. Also for users who crossed their dataplan limit.. If one opt for unlimited or within the dataplan usage no charges apply whatsover...

So anybody got speeds more than 310 or 320KB/sec to confirm that hsdpa needs to be activated. Saw people in delhi get more than 400KB/sec.
Need such confirmation for mumbai. Anybody?

Same question here.. just got hold of MTNL sim (finally ... phew..) Planning to do 4.5k recharge.. Should i need to activate HSDPA ?

Still the question unanswered.. do i need to active HSDPA even if i recharge with 4.5k plan ?

As of now, i am getting only .53 MBps max with mtnl

Can anyone tell me how to activate HSDPA in mtnl 3G ?

i sent a message ACT HSDPA to 444 and it has been 3 days and nothing has happened.. The CC people also clueless regarding this and asking me to raise complete at MTNL Exchange..

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Do not know if it will help you.
I had sent a message of ACT 3G to 444 when they had given advertisements of free demo for some 2 months or so. Did that some 2 years back.

All sims are by default 3g enabled.
But i remember once that when one of TE user had gone to get an MTNL connection he was specifically told that you have to call the CC to enable 3g .
I think yours maybe a case of some data pack of edge being enabled as some bundled offer so the speed might be capped.

Back