MTNL Launches Unlimited 3G Data Plan for Rs. 750 in Mumbai

^ No edge at all.. when i used mobile partner i can see it's connecting to either WCDMA or HSDPA...

Have tried your trick.. ACT 3G, and no response at all .. again back to square one

^ check my signature, i used the same modem with Vodafone 3G sim and easily surpassed 8MBps. No issue with Modem for sure.. Have download arnd 10 to 20GB during vodafone superweek

MTNL 3G Mumbai user: Please provide your inputs.
I am in Pune and my 3G UL will expire soon.
  • Can I buy a MTNL prepaid 3G SIM in general stores same as I can buy sims of other operators? what is d sim cost and which FRC to go for?
  • Can I enjoy the 4500 plan in Pune without paying any extra charges? if yes what speed shd I expect.
  • After buying the 3G prepaid sim which is the best recharge to do to check the speed for a day in Mumbai/Thane?
  • Are speeds capped at 2mbps like its for BSNL 3G.
TIA :)

onlyravi said:
o to check the speed for a day in Mumbai/Thane?

[*]Are speeds capped at 2mbps like its for BSNL 3G.

[/LIST]

When i use my MTNL Delhi sim with my SGS 2 i get download speeds of 450 - 550 kBps.

I fpeople think that I am lying then I can post the screen shot. But this speed is only achieved when i use the SGS2. Dont get that kinda speeds with the 7.2mbps 3g dongle.

^^ Even in Pune I used to get crazy speeds with N8 in Speedtest but while d/l torrents it nvr went above 2-2.5Mbytes.

but can some please answer the other questions??

onlyravi said:
^^ Even in Pune I used to get crazy speeds with N8 in Speedtest but while d/l torrents it nvr went above 2-2.5Mbytes.

I get that kinda speeds in torrents too.

You can enjoy any MTNL data plan in Pune without paying any extra charges.

onlyravi said:

That is the same average i get with torrents and direct downloads through IDM. Maxes out at 320kBps types but average is always between 250-300kBps.

answers in bold in the quoted post.

onlyravi said:
MTNL 3G Mumbai user: Please provide your inputs.
I am in Pune and my 3G UL will expire soon.
  • Can I buy a MTNL prepaid 3G SIM in general stores same as I can buy sims of other operators? what is d sim cost and which FRC to go for?

Yes you can, the sim cost is Rs.10 and that's all you need to pay. You'll get rs.91 recharge free with activation. This gives you 91 talk time, 200sms and 200mb of 3G data
  • Can I enjoy the 4500 plan in Pune without paying any extra charges? if yes what speed shd I expect.
    yes you can use it in pune. In my personal experience speeds of mtnl in mtnl network was less but while in roaming on BSNL it was better. I got up to 1.8mbps in Magarpatta recently. In mumbai speeds never exceeded 512kbps, MDMA shows negotiated QOS of 384kbps.
  • After buying the 3G prepaid sim which is the best recharge to do to check the speed for a day in Mumbai/Thane?
    Don't do any recharge. Just check your speed with 200mb data balance. Rs. 10 is all you need to pay. Better get the Sim from any MTNL QCSC.
  • Are speeds capped at 2mbps like its for BSNL 3G.

Yes speeds are capped. More in home network and less in roaming, if negotiated QOS shown by MDMA is any indication.

Okay tough question guys, anybody knows whether this MTNL 3G card will work at Manipal(university)? I mean is MTNL's 3G network available here?

MTNL network is available only in Delhi and Mumbai. You can use their 3G services free of roaming costs on the nationwide BSNL network.

SO the correct question to ask is - Is BSNL network good in Manipal?

comp@ddict said:
Okay tough question guys, anybody knows whether this MTNL 3G card will work at Manipal(university)? I mean is MTNL's 3G network available here?
It should if BSNL coverage is good there... Ask some student who's using a BSNL SIM!

Back