MTNL UL Plans Night speed @2Mbps from 05/11/2012 to 05/01/2013

Now that it's past the extension time, were you people able to check the speeds at night? is it still 2Mbps?

MTNL's site still hasn't updated anything on carrying on with this offer.

Now that it's past the extension time, were you people able to check the speeds at night? is it still 2Mbps?

MTNL's site still hasn't updated anything on carrying on with this offer.
There was a email sent from DGM to some people where they wanted feedback on what kind of plans people want most people voted for 2Mbps UL within 1.5k so something might be coming.

There was a email sent from DGM to some people where they wanted feedback on what kind of plans people want most people voted for 2Mbps UL within 1.5k so something might be coming.
I would still prefer current plan with the same time slab....as i dont get to use my net before 10pm anyway.....hope they would continue with it ..rather than just launching new plans and forgetting old customers :mad:

That would be great, if they pay attention to what the public want. I believe, it's high time MTNL provide 2Mbps UL at affordable rates. If they could introduce a plan, I wouldn't dare move to any other ISP.

OK now this is another dick move that MTNL just pulled up. There was a downtime of 4 hours last weekend and post that my speed seemed to be 1Mbps throughout. I ignored it, thinking it would fix itself up. But today I visited their website and here is what it says:

Customers in Unlimited 395 (closed), Unlimited 450, Unlimited Combo 550 and Unlimited 999, Unlimited 1599 plans, please restart your Broadband Modem (CPE) after 18 hrs and 00 hrs to avail enhanced download speed as per plan (from 18 hrs to 00 hrs), and upto 2Mbps (from 00 hrs to 07 hrs) respectively. The enhanced download speed is being provided as per promotional offer valid up to 30th Sep'2013.
Seriously? Reboot the modem at these time intervals? What the hell happened to the auto-speed switch? This is the same Night unlimited modem switch-a-roo drama we used to do before. This is unbelievable retarded.

Most routers has telnet enabled if yes then you can schedule the reboot from router itself or else Windows can always do this for you..

I have never had the need to restart the modem to switch speeds though i get 2Mbps from 7:50 PM to 7:50 AM as I was on UL 1333

Most routers has telnet enabled if yes then you can schedule the reboot from router itself or else Windows can always do this for you..

I have never had the need to restart the modem to switch speeds though i get 2Mbps from 7:50 PM to 7:50 AM as I was on UL 1333

same here!!
but have you changed the plan now, or MTNL displays your package-info as some other plan-name?!

Since we are on the topic of routers, could you recommend me a wireless router, which can do perform this activity? I forgot to ask this when you called. Which router are you currently using?

Back