MTNL UL Plans Night speed @2Mbps from 05/11/2012 to 05/01/2013

yes, the occasional 'surge' in speed is just that, 'occasional'. i have observed that its mostly during the time when router is rebooted at the speed-change times.[DOUBLEPOST=1376252956][/DOUBLEPOST]a speed-test done randomly now yielded this (on 'DSL UNLTD 1333' Plan):

2894689378.png

Last edited:
I am on the 450 Rs unlimited plan and from what I know there is no special speed bump on Sundays for me.
But yesterday entire day the speed was 1.8 Mbps for me till 12 AM. Now am back to 512 Kbps.
Whatever, it was good to have that bump as I was able to download lot more.

The power adapter of my beetel 220bx1 modem has gone kaput few days ago. Can some one tell me where can i find a new one ? I have searched on ebay but got too many results.

Confused which one to pick?

Last edited:
Speed bump automatically happens at 6PM for me but not at 12 AM. Need to make use of that telnet thing mentioned above.
But glad that the speeds are 1.8 Mbps now at night rather than 1.3 Mbps. Now it does matter, modem reboot.

I'm getting my MTNL broadband connection in a day or two.. Hope the Telnet thing works.. I have a Tp link 8968 modem plus router, i also subscribed to the 550 combo plan..[DOUBLEPOST=1376473479][/DOUBLEPOST]Got my connection activated.Please suggest what settings i should use.I have a TP LINK W8968.

What DNS Should i use?

But im getting ~110-120 ms ping on all servers within mumbai itself (on speedtest.net) !!! Cant play CS online ! Any suggestions?

Speed will boost to 1mbps at 6 hopefully and 2 at night !

2899844018.png

Last edited:
@Ethan_Hunt and others

I am unable to make the script work. As in it does start at scheduled time and i can even manually run the batch file but then it never reboots the modem by either of those.

But if i manually open a telnet session and do the OPEN 192.XXXXX and then put id and pass then it works. The batch file does not work, manual works which defeats the purpose.

Under manual telnet i do this...

1. Open the command prompt (without run as admin).
2. open 192.168.1.1 and enter id and password (which shows blank even when we type)
3. It comes to ">" prompt and I put reboot and press enter and it reboots the modem.

In the .txt file of the tst10 thing i have entered these things...

Code:
WAIT "Login:"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "Password:"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "reboot\m"

When i run the main .bat file which has

Code:
cd D:\Downloads\tst10
tst10.exe /r:rebootmtnl.txt

It gets stuck here... and sometimes the screen comes and goes and nothing happens.

Code:
SemIndia Systems ADSL Router
Login: admin
admin
Password: admin

Mine is a ADSL modem cum wifi router DNA-A212

This is my text file:

Code:
WAIT "Password:"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "Beetel>"
SEND "set reboot\m"

and the bat file:

Code:
cd c:/tst10
TST10.exe /r:reboot.txt

I have MTNL's default Beetel 410TC1 router and it works flawlessly.

But im getting ~110-120 ms ping on all servers within mumbai itself (on speedtest.net) !!! Cant play CS online ! Any suggestions?

Speed will boost to 1mbps at 6 hopefully and 2 at night !

2899844018.png

Try going to ur xchg and tell the engineer to do something abt the ping...... tell him to chg some settings/port........

@Ethan_Hunt

When I click the batch file a dos screen comes for a fraction of second and it goes away, even when I run the file from explicitly opening a cmd window.

How can I make the window stay there so I know what is actually happening ?
Any idea how to make it work ? No idea how to make my batch file work.

Any other option for resetting the modem at 12 in the night ?
My speeds before 12 is 1 Mbps while after 12 is 1.8 Mbps.

Try going to ur xchg and tell the engineer to do something abt the ping...... tell him to chg some settings/port........
I got the promised speeds of 512 kbps, 1mbps and 2mbps..pnly ping is an issue.. I have raised a complaint.. Expecting a visit from mtnl people...exactly what should I say they just see whether internet is working or not, they don't care about the ping -_-

The script isn't compatible with tp link routers, but which I realised when i tried the Telnet thing... There is no command line to reboot router...

@Ethan_Hunt

When I click the batch file a dos screen comes for a fraction of second and it goes away, even when I run the file from explicitly opening a cmd window.

How can I make the window stay there so I know what is actually happening ?
Any idea how to make it work ? No idea how to make my batch file work.

From what you have listed, it seems the modem isn't being picked up for the batch to execute the reboot command properly.

is there anyone here who has been with any other ISP? am contemplating on migrating to Honesty Net or Joister broadband if possible, atleast for a month.

is there anyone here who has been with any other ISP? am contemplating on migrating to Honesty Net or Joister broadband if possible, atleast for a month.
Problem is even though they show your area as serviceable.. They need more than one customer to set up broadband service in the society.. Only mtnl, Hathway and 7 star in my area.. Have used hathway, 0 downtime, promised speeds all times. Costly though..

Problem is even though they show your area as serviceable.. They need more than one customer to set up broadband service in the society.. Only mtnl, Hathway and 7 star in my area.. Have used hathway, 0 downtime, promised speeds all times. Costly though..

Enquired with a few of the ISPs. contacted joister, and was told that their service is temporarily unavailable in my area (for about a month). i was told that i would be emailed info about their plans.

also, calling up dolphin infonet revealed that they have an office of one of their franchisees in my area itself! calling up there, i came to know that they provide HN only here (1&1 and 5net not available), and they have users in my society too. am a little confused about this. although the representative from the office told me that 1&1 and 5net aren't available here, am hoping that there may be some other franchisees here.[DOUBLEPOST=1377357161][/DOUBLEPOST]experiencing horrible connectivity-issues since the past two days! today its worse. connection drops frequently, and generally when i access wifi on other devices, or put something on DL. SNR-margin is good at 19 db, but line-attenuation is poor at 52.5 db.

Last edited:
getting DL-speed touching 294 kB/s today (in utorrent)!!

one very strange thing i have observed. when utorrent is running and nothing is being done on the PC (idle-state), and the screen turns off, there is a surge in speed. when i shake off the screen from its slumber, i can see the speed being at extreme high end, however, after that, ie, when the screen is back to its normal state, the speed dips. even this speed i quoted above was what i saw immediately after putting off the PC from its idle state. am guessing this is because in that state, there is no interference in the internet/bandwidth from any other application. is it so, or may be some other reason?!

check is same thing is happening with other download applications also.
if not, utorrent has buggy speed calculation.
I get 80-100 kbps during the day sometimes too, while using idm.. While it's supposed to be capped at 60-70 kbps max... 80-90 is common..

check is same thing is happening with other download applications also.
if not, utorrent has buggy speed calculation.

I get 80-100 kbps during the day sometimes too, while using idm.. While it's supposed to be capped at 60-70 kbps max... 80-90 is common..

yes, IDM and jDownloader too go to the extreme highs, though momentarily. but haven't noticed it in the same scenario as utorrent (ie, when the screen is idle and OFF). will do so and report back soon.

Back