MTNL Unlimited 3G Data Plan Now At Just Rs. 750

wecaz said:
My connection gets disconnected after 2 hours. I have set up redialing, so it gets connected again.

Sometimes if I come back to pc after some hours, I found the internet connected with zero download and upload speeds. In that case I have to disconnect and connect manually to make it work again.
thats problem with wireless things , but check if it's same with other location also if you can , sometime your nearest tower gives bad signal or position of your dongle is also imp . If you have laptop , check your connectivity @ your office /home with different location . Generally it will be better signal with that respective dialer showing full signal / tower bar & you will get good speed . Do this test with http downloads . If this helps you , u can use extension USB cable to improve your signal .

Thanks, I have already checked that. In my room, I can get these types of signals:

HSDPA from Tower A, -81dBm

3G from Tower A, -81dBm

HSDPA from Tower B, -89dBm

So, I have put my data card to the place where I get HSDPA from Tower A because of slightly better signal. And then there is the problem of disconnection.

The issue is that sometimes I found it connected with no data transfer at all while being connected to the same Tower with HSDPA. I have to find a solution of this. Am I correct that this is not USB modem issue?

wecaz said:
Thanks, I have already checked that. In my room, I can get these types of signals:

So, I have put my data card to the place where I get HSDPA from Tower A because of slightly better signal. And then there is the problem of disconnection.

The issue is that sometimes I found it connected with no data transfer at all while being connected to the same Tower with HSDPA. I have to find a solution of this. Am I correct that this is not USB modem issue?

when u find that disconnection , check whether your modem gets hot , in past some having issues with huawei with this heat issue .

only solution for that heat issue is getting it replaced

multi said:
when u find that disconnection , check whether your modem gets hot , in past some having issues with huawei with this heat issue .

only solution for that heat issue is getting it replaced
Okay, there are two issues. Let me explain:

First, it gets disconnected after every two hour or so. I have auto dial enabled, it dials is again. Since the modem gets connected in a flash and continues data transfer, I think this should not be a heating issue.

Second problem is a bit strange. Sometimes I come back to PC after few hours and find out that download and upload rate is zero while connection is still active. I have to manually disconnect and connect again. I found the same problem again today when I finished watching a movie on the PC.

Regarding the heat, modem remains always hot!!

is the mtnl 3G promotion for 4500/180 days still going on(have they extended the deadline from earlier 30th April 2011).

can anyone confirm it.

pratulk09 said:
is the mtnl 3G promotion for 4500/180 days still going on(have they extended the deadline from earlier 30th April 2011).

can anyone confirm it.
I do not know that answer. The best way to get the answer is to call CC.

wecaz said:
I do not know that answer. The best way to get the answer is to call CC.
CC clueless about the offer. told me that such plan was only for delhi and not mumbai.

anybody using it can confirm it by calling or going to QCSC

Bumping this thread. Me too wants to know whether the 4500 plan is going or not ?
Called up MTNL CC yday and they said it's still going on, but are they believable ? :|

alekhkhanna said:
Bumping this thread. Me too wants to know whether the 4500 plan is going or not ?

Called up MTNL CC yday and they said it's still going on, but are they believable ? :|
Plan is available on their site as well. So it is still on

You can easily piggyback on the BSNL 3G network. Like I said in the other thread, the better question to ask is, how is the BSNL network in Manipal. That's what will decide whether you should go in for it or not.

alekhkhanna said:

Just check in online recharge and if present recharge it.. else it's not on... Don't believe CC as there are unaware of lot of stuff

Back